Cummins Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2010.

Interview

There were two interviewers. One was responsible for asking question and talking. The other mainly just typed my answers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview

Got an on-campus interview, which went well. Invited me for the final round of interview at their office. The atmosphere was highly professional. Everyone was very nice and eager to answer any questions related to the company or the positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in July 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews (by HR and Hiring manager) and the final on-site interview with 5 people (three managers from different functions, one finance director). Got verbal offer by phone in a week and got the official offer via email in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Went through my resume substantially. Several basic behavioral questions. What's your goal? How to deal with muti-task; Define success; Good work ethic examples...one accounting/finance related questions...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview

Many behavior questions. Such as how to work under pressure? How to deal with conflict between coworkers?

Interview Questions

• If you can only list two items on your resume, which items you will list?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in September 2013.

Interview

Went to their info session at campus. Then career fair a week later. Was asked to attend pre-night and 1st round interview then. 1st round is all about behavior questions. Very friendly, non-intimidating conversational way to get to know me.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Initial contact was made at school's career fair in the Fall. A one-on-one interview took place about a week later on campus. I was able to keep in contact with the company over the next few months as positions opened up. Was contacted by HR a few months after initial interview and they requested a phone interview with a hiring manager. Received an offer about a week later. Initial in-person interview was very behavioral based. Second interview (phone) w/ hiring manager focused on experience and some more technical stuff (nothing too difficult).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an ethical dilemma that you faced and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very competitive offer - not much negotiation needed.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial Interview - On campus interview. The night before we had a "meet the recruiter" event which was helpful in that it allowed us to eat with and talk to the Cummins employees who were going to be interviewing us the following day. This event was not mandatory to attend, but I highly recommend going. The day of the interview, I already knew my interviewers from the night before so I felt much more relaxed than I think I would have been. I was interviewed by two employees of Cummins, and it was mostly questions about my resume, why I wanted to work at Cummins, Where I saw myself in 5 years, and some other simple questions like that. They also had some behavioral questions asking for a time when I missed a deadline and what did I do to fix the problem, times when I had to work with a difficult group, and other similar questions. A few days later, I received an invitation for an on-site interview and information day in Columbus, IN. There were two back-to-back interviews about 30 minutes each. These started as introductions and the interviewer told me about themselves, and then the questions were very similar to the first interview, except they also wanted to know about how I have used technology and computer programs. They wanted to know if I had the ability to sort through large amounts of data. The rest of the day felt very much like a sales pitch. They were telling us all of the reasons why Cummins is a great place to work. I have not received an offer yet, but I expect to.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you missed a deadline and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Normal behavioral interview. 2 rounds: campus and on-site interview. On-site interviews included info session, plant tour, back to back interviews (each is 30 mins long). Columbus is very nice, and Cummins is really a very diverse company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

connected through career fair, applied online and get first round through OCR. most behavior questions and focused on the innovation, creativity and problem solving. basically just go through the resume. get 2nd on site interview in 1 week. 2nd round is basically 1st round*2, no tech question, all behavior as 1st one.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

They were at university career fair. Many recruiters came and were taking notes when people talk with them and would ask some basic questions about your resume. Received their email after a month and a phone interview was arranged. Flexible interview schedule for you to choose. The recruiter is super nice, even giving me a guidance after knowing that it's my first interview.