Cummins India Limited

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

3.2

Supply Chain Interview

Technical interview in first round. Asked everything from CV. Next question is asked depending on answer given by candidate. Second round was taken by VP. Again asked technical questions and relocation. Then given the offer.

Senior Engineer Interview

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins India Limited.

1. Contacted by HR
    2. Technical interview 1
    3. Technical interview 2
    4. Personal Interview
    5. Job offer

GET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins India Limited in February 2014.

I perticipated in the cummins recruitment drive at baja sae indore. the process started with a aptitute round which was conducted by co-cubes. questions were from math english reasoning part. After that there was a technical apti where questions were mainly from thermodynamics, graphics, fluid etc etc. after the combined result of both the aptitude results were out. after that we were asked to get ready for the gd and pi. gd section was easy, after gd i went for the technical round of interview as i was from automobile engineering max of the questions were from IC ENGINE.

Senior Manager - Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins India Limited in February 2014.

Got the direct call from Cummins HR from their Pune HQ, After the basic round of interview, They forwarded my resume to Regional Sales Head, Then he called me for a telephonic interview and after selecting me in Telephonic interview they called me for a Face to Face interview at their regional office with Regional Sales head and Regional Head. After selection in this round also there was a HR round -Telephonic Interview. Then comes the Background verification from KPMG and salary negotiation before that.

I asked to increase Base Pay, and they increased that much amount but not in Basic

Manager-Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins India Limited.

It was a telephonic interview taken by their HR personnel. Experience was really good. Asked about skills and family background and some latest changes in tax laws and company financial reporting. Then told that will contact shortly for another round of interview which will be through video conferencing.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing like that (as per my perception) as it was first round   Answer Question

Manager Sales Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins India Limited.

campus selection, written exam, one to one interview, group discussion, interview at HO

Senior Manager Interview

2 Interviews.. Instant call if requirement is urgent.. 5 days orientation and onboarding

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handle this job and want it?   View Answer
    Please negotiate as hard as You can.. For engineers, fixed base.. for others, no fixed range corresponding to job title

Intern Interview

We had a GD conducted following which there was a technical round followed by HR.
    In the technical round, i was asked to explain my entire 3rd year project, many questions on basic electronics, controllers, C programming,etc.
    HR was basic...

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins India Limited in December 2011.

1. About myself
    2. Why did I chose engineering.
    3. Why job now
    4. asked me my interest area-(I replied material science and thermodynamics)
    5. Iron carbon diagram- explain and asked minute details
    6. difference between tempering and annealing
    7. Thermodynamics- COP of heat pump and COP of refrigerator and relation between them
    8. What is more harmful to environment - petrol or diesel ignition?

Interview Questions
    • What is more harmful-petrol or diesel engine?   View Answer

I had already been selected in other company during my interview o Cummins

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins India Limited in August 2011.

This was my first campus interview. The first round was a objective online test of 1 hour and the results came within 30mins. It was followed by a presentation about the company where they briefed us about the company profile, career and opportunities for higher studies in the company. Immediately thereafter, they called the selected candidates for the interview. The panel consisted of 2 technical and 1 HR interviewer. The first words of the panel on seeing my nervousness "Don't be nervous, this is only a interview". And things became easier as questions came. Questions were on fundamental mechanical engineering concepts as well as HR based question on how to take decision at workplace.

Interview Questions
    • Being a female in a predominantly male dominated industry, how would you handle if one of your subordinates or workers in the factory does not obey you?   View Answer