Cummins Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

3.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Principal Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

It took nearly 2 month for 1st round of interview till Offered package.

1- Initially 3 rounds of technical round of interview. Technical interview are very much scenario based rather than typical questions...And the good part of this interview process is they respect the candidate and his work irrespective of how you answer your question..Technical question revolved around designing and suggesting architecture for multi-country roll out of ERP Finance module.

2- There will be an onsite interview at Cummins. There will be 6 rounds of further technical questions and this will be again case study and analytically questions and drawing board is needed to explain it.
    No theoretical or tradition questions are asked like i usually face if i was interviewed by Desi people in industry..

3- It took another 3 weeks to offer me a package. The package is the average. Nothing so great..But the best part of this role and Cummins is that my I was very much impressed with the reporting manager of my role as well as team mates..My impression is that the working culture of the team is the strong point...Again, this is not a regular feature about Cummins but it depends on case to case basis.

4- Verry good benifits and relocation package. But the catch is that there is bond of 2 year otherwise you have to return the money...In the same way,they will process the GC but you have to stay for 2 year after your GC is done which implies that you have to stay around 8-10 year if you are eligible for EB2 category.

Because of bond factor, i did not accept the offer. But i would recomend to join this company if you are not H1B dependent.

Interview Questions

Financial bond for processing Green card.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I reached out to the HR Recruiter for my area of interest and provided my resume and my goals for where I would like to be, career wise. Within a month I had several areas of interest within the company that seemed to be a good fit. HR worked with me and provided my resume to several managers within the company. Individually they would reach out to schedule an interview. I chose which interested me the most and through phone interviews (two) I was offered the position at a business unit that fit me the best.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about the role, analytical questions on the spot that caught me off guard. Technical in nature, yet reasonable given the situation.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable.

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in May 2014.

Referred by executive-level contact to Cummins executive level. Spoke with executive about the role, their needs, and the right fit. This would be an IT leadership team position with the ability to take over when the Executive Director (nee: CIO) retired by end of 2014/early 2015.

Discussed some very confidential business environment factors (including dysfunction/dissension among the executive ranks), turnover at the CIO level, an aging IT portfolio, and excessive spending on old technology.

Was promised to be part of the final list - that there would be 6-8 candidates, and the interview team would be formed within a week to ten days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you stand in front of an executive leader, and propose changing an age-old process?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to influence change while leading a team of old (legacy) employees and new hires?   Answer Question
    • How do you overcome the mentality, "save bucks before make bucks?"   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Applied the job online,got an email regarding the steps of the interview.1st interview was behavioral interview....aced it. 2nd interview was technical interview with a panel of two people.

Interview Questions
    • What are the peripherals for the Cruise Control of a car?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Number of interviews - 1 (HR) - took about 25 minutes - all behavioral questions - have not had a technical interview yet so cannot say anything about it!

NVH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins in December 2013.

It's a phone interview with several managers. They asked your experience and capabilities according to your resume. Also, they are interested in if you are good at communicating with other team member, so there are several behavioral questions.

Intern (Finance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins in October 2009.

There was a "meet & greet" mixer/cocktail hour for both candidates & current employees a day or two before the actual interview; was informal but really kind of rigid since everyone was sort of sizing each other up. Other employees were friendly enough, happy to answer questions, & cordial; and the culture was pretty much what you'd expect from the finance/accounting department of a firm this size and of this caliber. Not overly mercenary but certainly not what I'd call laid-back. Next was a 1:1 interview with the manager whom accounting/finance interns would be reporting to. This was a textbook behavioral-interview, with an opportunity to ask any questions about the firm at the end.

Interview Questions
    • What is a frustrating or recurring problem you've had in your work experience & how have you dealt w/ it?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a team setting project which turned out better because of the team.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a critical error you made & how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to give bad news to someone.   Answer Question
    • When have you used Excel or other analytical tools to solve a problem?   Answer Question