Cummins Interview Questions in Indianapolis, IN

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Spoke to a cummins representative at career fair and submitted my resume. I got a mail after 2 weeks asking to schedule a phone interview which will be taken by the recruitment team and there will be another interview from a talent scout later. I got the first interview scheduled but did not hear from them after that.

Financial Analyst/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The interview process took about three weeks. It was very laid-back and relaxing. There were no hard questions, very commonly asked interview questions. First round interview was with two recruiters, then the final round of interviews, I talked to 2 other recruiters. We also got to see one of the engine plants in Columbus.

Product Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Spoke with recruiters at career fair, got my resume in the right hands, was offered a phone interview a few weeks later. First round was behavioral interview conducted by a current engineer. Second round was a technical phone interview and also conducted by an engineer. Total time from career fair to offer letter was approximately 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you did a failure analysis" (during the technical interview)   Answer Question
    No negotiating, as it was an internship.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

I went through the on campus interview at my University and after two weeks got reply from the company. I got the job and I am going to accept it. The questions were mostly behavioral, they asked few questions on my resume and my project work. I answered almost all of them.

Interview Questions
    • Share a experience when you solved a critical problem in your life   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Straight forward interview Process.
    Either you get into via campus recruitment or apply online.
    Cummins is known to have a very good process of evaluating candidates.
    I applied online and a couple months later was informed the manager would be interested in speaking with me about the position.
    The first interview was going thorough the resume and discussing the projects , team dynamics and other behavioral questions.
    A week later was invited for a functional interview which included a meeting with the managers, a case study interview and general questions.
    It was followed by an HR wrap-up.
    Waited for a decision for two weeks. Still haven't heard back. So I assume it's a No.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Initial Interview - On campus interview. The night before we had a "meet the recruiter" event which was helpful in that it allowed us to eat with and talk to the Cummins employees who were going to be interviewing us the following day. This event was not mandatory to attend, but I highly recommend going. The day of the interview, I already knew my interviewers from the night before so I felt much more relaxed than I think I would have been. I was interviewed by two employees of Cummins, and it was mostly questions about my resume, why I wanted to work at Cummins, Where I saw myself in 5 years, and some other simple questions like that. They also had some behavioral questions asking for a time when I missed a deadline and what did I do to fix the problem, times when I had to work with a difficult group, and other similar questions.

A few days later, I received an invitation for an on-site interview and information day in Columbus, IN. There were two back-to-back interviews about 30 minutes each. These started as introductions and the interviewer told me about themselves, and then the questions were very similar to the first interview, except they also wanted to know about how I have used technology and computer programs. They wanted to know if I had the ability to sort through large amounts of data. The rest of the day felt very much like a sales pitch. They were telling us all of the reasons why Cummins is a great place to work.

I have not received an offer yet, but I expect to.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you missed a deadline and how did you fix the problem?   Answer Question

Machining Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Got the interview through College Career Fair. First round was a screening round with behavioural questions on the very next day of the career fair. Second round was a phone interview, questions were mostly regarding resume and related stuff

Principal Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

It took nearly 2 month for 1st round of interview till Offered package.

1- Initially 3 rounds of technical round of interview. Technical interview are very much scenario based rather than typical questions...And the good part of this interview process is they respect the candidate and his work irrespective of how you answer your question..Technical question revolved around designing and suggesting architecture for multi-country roll out of ERP Finance module.

2- There will be an onsite interview at Cummins. There will be 6 rounds of further technical questions and this will be again case study and analytically questions and drawing board is needed to explain it.
    No theoretical or tradition questions are asked like i usually face if i was interviewed by Desi people in industry..

3- It took another 3 weeks to offer me a package. The package is the average. Nothing so great..But the best part of this role and Cummins is that my I was very much impressed with the reporting manager of my role as well as team mates..My impression is that the working culture of the team is the strong point...Again, this is not a regular feature about Cummins but it depends on case to case basis.

4- Verry good benifits and relocation package. But the catch is that there is bond of 2 year otherwise you have to return the money...In the same way,they will process the GC but you have to stay for 2 year after your GC is done which implies that you have to stay around 8-10 year if you are eligible for EB2 category.

Because of bond factor, i did not accept the offer. But i would recomend to join this company if you are not H1B dependent.

Interview Questions

Financial bond for processing Green card.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I reached out to the HR Recruiter for my area of interest and provided my resume and my goals for where I would like to be, career wise. Within a month I had several areas of interest within the company that seemed to be a good fit. HR worked with me and provided my resume to several managers within the company. Individually they would reach out to schedule an interview. I chose which interested me the most and through phone interviews (two) I was offered the position at a business unit that fit me the best.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about the role, analytical questions on the spot that caught me off guard. Technical in nature, yet reasonable given the situation.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I interviewed twice with Cummins, a group interview with the hiring manager for the position and one of the other employees in the department. I later had a second interview with the dept. manager. The communication level was very lacking - I was only invited to interviews through a Google calendar invite without the necessary information (such as correct time of interview) always included, and text message followups from the hiring manager to confirm the invite details. When the hiring manager left me a message to let me know they were not going to offer the position to me, I was invited to call and discuss the decision at a specific time, at which there was no answer. Two attempts to take them up on the offer to discuss via phone, and one email later thanking them for the consideration and my desire for feedback, and I've had no response. Overall, a very unprofessional communication level, though I appreciated the quick pace of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be a very demanding person?
      Why do you want to work for Cummins?

Very general interview questions.

Answer Question