Cummins Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had two phone interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. It was a fairly simple and straightforward process, and I heard back within a few days of the second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online in and i heard back from them immediately to set up a phone interview with my main recruiter. The call lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter was super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She started off by telling me a little more about the position and then we went over my resume. I made sure to know the job description front and back so

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Contacted through Career Fair, scheduled the first round of interview a couple of weeks later. Contacted by Talent Scout about three months later. The first interview was in person. The second one, telephonic. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic behaviour based. Tell me about yourself. Time when you managed a conflict in the team and what did you learn from it. Time when you provided wrong information to your colleague.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got contacted by HR 2 weeks after for an initial behavioral interview to be held over the phone later in the week. The first interview was really more about them trying to see how you act in different situations, and NO you can't just give general "I would do this", they want to know what you have done in the past that actually relates to what was asked. For example, Tell me about a time you applied yourself and were innovative. The next one, though slightly technical, was actually more of a repetition of the first behavioral interview. This is, however, different because they are not trying to see if you are fit for the company, they are trying to see if you are fit for the specific team. That said, the questions are mostly behavioral and technical at the same time. For example, I was interviewed for an IT intern role so one of my questions was: "Someone comes to you for computer help, but you're a bit clueless, what do you do?" For questions like this, the absolute WRONG answer is "I will tell them I don't know how to do it and refer them to someone else". While this might actually be a valid course of action in real life, they want you to show that you value teamwork and putting in extra effort. A better answer should lie along the idea of teamwork, intuition and hard work. Overall the interviewers are pretty chill, so don't be nervous. I eventually got my offer letter 3-4 weeks after the final interview. The wait was so long that, although I aced the interview, I was a bit worried that I just wasn't good enough. With all this, if you don't hear back within the range you expect, don't be worried. Cheers!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through college process. Got a call for campus interview. 3 weeks later got another call for telephonic interview. waiting for it to happen. They are quick to respond to any query but the process may take its time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on company website and quickly got response from HR in 3 business days. basic behavioral questions for first round, and after a week, got email about second round interview, it will be a functional interview with two IT person. The first round was easy like general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• introduction;why cummins; challenges you have faced; initiate doing sth.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

it was a face to face interview. with the usual behavioral questions. e.g Tell me a time when you had to work in a team. Why do you want to work for Cummins?

Interview Questions

• usual behavioral questions. e.g Tell me a time when........   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair at my college. Got an email to schedule a phone interview few days later. And I just done with the interview like 30mins ago, it was very standardized and relax. Waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; One time you took initiative to solve a problem; one time you missed deadline; one time you have to present yourself in front of people.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral questions only, interviewer was hard to understand. Told me they'd let me know in a week, never heard back. They wanted really specific answers for questions, didn't want general experiences.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to learn to use a new tool for work?   Answer Question
    • What is the most innovative idea you have ever had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process had 2 rounds of interviews. Both were phone interviews. The first round was HR check and the second round was with the hiring manager. The HR interview is to check if you meet with the company's work culture and identify your areas of interest and find the appropriate position for you in the company.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you had to convey a bad news to someone   Answer Question