Cummins

Updated May 6, 2014

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – First an on campus interview, it was simple behavioral based interview not more than 30 mins. Will look at experiences, research and GPA more than anything else. Then if selected there is a functional interview over the phone. They asked pretty solid technical questions from thermodynamics and gives you problems to solve there and then. Revising before hand helps. And will ask you to interpret a concept by giving you a situation and example. Only bad thing about the process is they are very late in replying back, we have to catch up atleast twice to get to know whats going on.

Interview Question – Asked about Duty cycle, which I had no idea about. Asks about engine cycles etc. They will brutally kill you if you dont know your stuff. I thought it was hard but I also though I wouldnt get in at all with the average answers I gave. But I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation , they offered a good intern position and a competitive salary. But very late in offering and gives very less time to answer.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was a behavioral interview . takes around 30 min and questions are not difficult only situational questions. Second was technical interview for 1 hour . Interviewed by 3 people on phone. Questions were difficult relating to classes attended as well as projects

Interview Question – which was your least interesting class   Answer Question

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in September 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 6 different persons in a one day interview, everybody was very friendly and they seemed to like their job. Top management was very accessible. I really liked the corporate culture that could be sensed. It definitely looks like a nice company to work for. All my travel expenses were covered by the company.

Interview Question – What is strategy for you?   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in November 2010.

Interview Details – Half an hour initial phone screening interview

Interview Questions

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2011.

Interview Details – I first communicated with a general hiring manager for the company. We held a 1:1 phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. Before the initial interview, I was emailed a sheet of behavioral questions to answer, and we discussed my answers over the phone. This interviewer referred me to another person in HR, who called me and briefly confirmed my information and where I would be willing to work. Finally, the person who would be my supervisor if I was given the job called me and asked me several questions based around the job and my personality.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you were given a confusing project and how you went about solving it.   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – I first talked to them at a career fair. They called me one week later for a phone interview, ask a few things about my experience and interests.
Got the job offer two weeks later.

Interview Question – Experience designing and interests   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cummins in November 2012.

Interview Details – talked at a career fair, very professional and straight forward. Got a phone interview shortly after with diverse questions but none too difficult, was just a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – a group project that had members who did not contribute, how did you solve the problem   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cummins in February 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to them during career fair, scheduled an interview, hr interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you missed a deadline. Tell about the most innovative idea you had.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. Was asked basic personality questions and history about Cummins. Was asked descibe a time where there was a conflict of interest for an org. or work and how you overcame it. History of Cummins? Hobbies? How best you can contribute as an intern? Difficult expereonce you faced, how did you overcome it?

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Carbondale, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – All STAR, behavior based questions. Practice makes perfect.

Interview Question – Sometimes you'll be given a question that you cannot really contort to make yourself look good. ex:"tell me about a time when you missed a deadline".   Answer Question

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!