Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had two phone interviews that lasted about 20 minutes each. It was a fairly simple and straightforward process, and I heard back within a few days of the second interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Normal behavioral interview. 2 rounds: campus and on-site interview. On-site interviews included info session, plant tour, back to back interviews (each is 30 mins long). Columbus is very nice, and Cummins is really a very diverse company.

Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

We all had pretty good experiences. The recruiter did a great job at helping me feel comfortable, really tried to get to know who I was and figure out whether i would like working for Cummins and in turn do a good job. Great experience overall.

Materials Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied through my school, was called to set up an in person interview. The interview was with two supervisors.Lasted an hour. They do a background check and afterwards they called me with a starting date.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked what if questions and a lot of background information questions   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through my university. First interview with as a sitdown 45 minute interview with a head engineer and then the second was a hour long technical interview over the phone. The whole process took about 2 months to complete. After the first interview, I knew that Cummins wasn't the place for me, but I decided I wanted to see the process through to the end. It was a good experience , but I was very happy to accept an offer elsewhere.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process begins with a HR interview. This is followed by a Technical Interview for about an hour after 4 weeks. Next step is a decision on an offer or a on-site interview. I am waiting to hear about this. Process is easy. My interviewer for the second one seemed pressed for time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins in April 2015.

Interview

Go a contact from recruiter. After several weeks I go a phone interview with 2 regional HR managers. The connection was poor. After Never hear from them. I tried to contact no luck. As a HR person I always give feed back to the candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cummins (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online in and i heard back from them immediately to set up a phone interview with my main recruiter. The call lasted about 30 minutes and the recruiter was super friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She started off by telling me a little more about the position and then we went over my resume. I made sure to know the job description front and back so

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Contacted through Career Fair, scheduled the first round of interview a couple of weeks later. Contacted by Talent Scout about three months later. The first interview was in person. The second one, telephonic. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic behaviour based. Tell me about yourself. Time when you managed a conflict in the team and what did you learn from it. Time when you provided wrong information to your colleague.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It was a good interview. Mostly behavioral based questions were asked. Initially the Human Resources Department would contacted me to schedule the most ideal time for the interview. Post this interview a talent scout will reach you after one to two weeks to carry out the technical interview.