Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through my university. First interview with as a sitdown 45 minute interview with a head engineer and then the second was a hour long technical interview over the phone. The whole process took about 2 months to complete. After the first interview, I knew that Cummins wasn't the place for me, but I decided I wanted to see the process through to the end. It was a good experience , but I was very happy to accept an offer elsewhere.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process begins with a HR interview. This is followed by a Technical Interview for about an hour after 4 weeks. Next step is a decision on an offer or a on-site interview. I am waiting to hear about this. Process is easy. My interviewer for the second one seemed pressed for time.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Contacted through Career Fair, scheduled the first round of interview a couple of weeks later. Contacted by Talent Scout about three months later. The first interview was in person. The second one, telephonic. Overall pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Basic behaviour based. Tell me about yourself. Time when you managed a conflict in the team and what did you learn from it. Time when you provided wrong information to your colleague.   Answer Question

OEM Customer Integration Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

It was a good interview. Mostly behavioral based questions were asked. Initially the Human Resources Department would contacted me to schedule the most ideal time for the interview. Post this interview a talent scout will reach you after one to two weeks to carry out the technical interview.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Just normal behavior questions, it took about 30 mins. There were two interviewers, one was asking question, the other one was taking notes for your answer. both of them were friendly and patient.
    I got this interview from University's career fair, and few people got the offer...

Interview Questions

• What do you think about cummins, what is your strenght   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The interview process is easy and clear. I attended the campus career fair and talked to the professionals from Cummins then I received a first round interview on campus. Finally, I got to go to the site and had a on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

The first round of interview was with HR ,which was a phone interview for about half an hour.All the questions were behavioral and they expected a example from our experience and elaboration on all questions.The second round will be a phone interview, with two technical experienced employees for almost 50 min in which they will ask questions in deep mostly from your resume and your field related questions .It would be more like bombarding with many questions and you can expect questions based on your answer.Once you are done with second round ,2 weeks from then you will receive offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied through college process. Got a call for campus interview. 3 weeks later got another call for telephonic interview. waiting for it to happen. They are quick to respond to any query but the process may take its time.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Some general questions like your experience, the difficulties you faced in your work or study.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Campus Recruiting - had a first round interview on campus and then a second round in Columbus, IN. Recruiters were welcoming and easy to talk to. Questions were mostly behavioral and straightforward.