Cummins

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I had a short conversation during a career fair at my university. About 3 weeks later I received a call to schedule a behavioral interview. It was conducted by another engineer who graduated a few years before me, so we had a lot to talk about. Another 2 weeks passed and I got an email from a senior engineer to schedule another interview. This interview was a general interview to see where my skills would be best suited. Almost exactly 2 weeks later I got an email from HR with an offer including a compensation package. Very nice people and easy to have a real conversation with.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. What's a time when you gave someone the wrong information? When's a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor? Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question
    They sent a more than reasonable package for my experience level.

Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Hiring process was smooth and the HR rep made it easy. It was a relocation and the HR rep took care of virtually everything for the interview and even the relocation,

Interview Questions
    They ask what was the minimum I would take to accept the position and that became the maximum offer.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

On campus recruiting. Interviewed by two recruiters. Long interview but pretty laid back. Lots of questions. Second round interview over the phone with a manager. Again lots of questions but nothing technical. Mostly behavioral.

No negotiation

Chemical Engineering Interview

I got the interview at the SHPE conference. I went through two interviews on the phone, one behavioral (about 20 min) and another technical with a chemical engineer (about 1 hour). Finally I was contacted about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How does an engineer validate his/her results from an experiment? What is the first law of thermodynamics?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cummins.

Contacted for a first round interview over the phone. Asked basic behavioral questions. "Describe a time where you used technology in an unexpected way" and "Describe a time where you had a conflict with someone and resolved it."

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time where you used technology in an unexpected way"   Answer Question

Service/Applications Engineer Interview

I got the interview trough a College Career Fair. I applied on Campus Career Center website and had to sign up for an interview time and date a week later. The interview was then another few weeks after that. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. They gave a good description on what the job requirements were and what to expect if I were to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were about my resume. Asking questions on how well you worked in groups and what kind of conflicts you faced in the group setting. They also looked at past work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I met the recruiter on campus recruiting and got an offer after one round of interview. The process is very efficient. I got the offer after one week. The hiring manager is my future boss.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider if we plan to build a new plant in different country?   Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

After attending my school's career fair they invited me to do a first round interview with them. Since it is a full time position it might be taking them a little while to set up a second round interview. The interview process has taken quite a bit but overall it has been a positive experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you have done in your life or professional career that you're very proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied online. Got emailed to schedule a phone interview.
    It was totally behavioral and situational. They have a hr person contact you, and if they like you they will forward your resume to talent scouts to see if you could fit any positions.
    I was contacted for a position to be filled in january but was told i would be considered for summer and fall positions which i was more interested in doing.

Just had the interview today. Was told i would be contacted in a couple of weeks for a more technical interview

Interview Questions
    • What is one time you felt challenged.
      What is one time you had to build a friendship in a team to solve a problem.(paraphrased)
      Why do you want to work for cummins

Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question