Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

EE Interview

Got the opportunity from career fair. Some basic behavior question. It last 30 mininutes. The interviewers are very nice and kind. Just very disappointed that I didn't get the position at last.

Quality Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

First Interview was behavioral, common questions such like how do you see yourself in 5 years and why Cummins. The second interview was also behavioral plus more information on what type of position you want, hands on in a plant or in an office.

Hiring was fairly simple and quick

Product Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

Spoke with recruiters at career fair, got my resume in the right hands, was offered a phone interview a few weeks later. First round was behavioral interview conducted by a current engineer. Second round was a technical phone interview and also conducted by an engineer. Total time from career fair to offer letter was approximately 4 months.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you did a failure analysis" (during the technical interview)   Answer Question
    No negotiating, as it was an internship.

Human Resources Interview

On campus interview. There are two recruiters and lasted 30 mins. It is not hard, but be careful about your approach, never ever show any signs that you are aggressive or demanding.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The behavioral interview which lasts for about 30-35 mins is pretty easy. One guy asks you questions related to your past work exp and gives some situations where you have to tell him about your views and solutions you can get. Other guy writes your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult message you had to deliver to someone in person   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I was referred to a position and had an initial, one hour in-person interview. After that, I was invited to the campus and spent a half day with more of the team. Each interview was pretty standard, and they did a good job of mixing up the behavioral and job-specific questions. All of the people involved in the process were very nice and professional.

I got an offer one month after starting the process.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Applied for on campus interview through my university. All of you have to do is upload your resume The company officials emailed me. They were very nice and mostly asked personality questions and wanted to know more about your projects. My biggest disadvantage was that I was a freshman and didn't have too much to say about in my resume. If you have adequate experience and a likable personality the process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly personal Questions like tell me about a time when you had a fight with your teammate   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

I went through the on campus interview at my University and after two weeks got reply from the company. I got the job and I am going to accept it. The questions were mostly behavioral, they asked few questions on my resume and my project work. I answered almost all of them.

Interview Questions
    • Share a experience when you solved a critical problem in your life   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Straight forward interview Process.
    Either you get into via campus recruitment or apply online.
    Cummins is known to have a very good process of evaluating candidates.
    I applied online and a couple months later was informed the manager would be interested in speaking with me about the position.
    The first interview was going thorough the resume and discussing the projects , team dynamics and other behavioral questions.
    A week later was invited for a functional interview which included a meeting with the managers, a case study interview and general questions.
    It was followed by an HR wrap-up.
    Waited for a decision for two weeks. Still haven't heard back. So I assume it's a No.

Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Shortlisted from Career fair. Interview was next day, lasted for about 40 mins. Mostly related to the resume and specific questions to test your reactions ! Make sure you have a good night sleep before any interviews, so that you don't look drunk or weird or out of the bed to the recruiter !