Cummins

Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Full Time Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

After attending my school's career fair they invited me to do a first round interview with them. Since it is a full time position it might be taking them a little while to set up a second round interview. The interview process has taken quite a bit but overall it has been a positive experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you have done in your life or professional career that you're very proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied online. Got emailed to schedule a phone interview.
    It was totally behavioral and situational. They have a hr person contact you, and if they like you they will forward your resume to talent scouts to see if you could fit any positions.
    I was contacted for a position to be filled in january but was told i would be considered for summer and fall positions which i was more interested in doing.

Just had the interview today. Was told i would be contacted in a couple of weeks for a more technical interview

Interview Questions
    • What is one time you felt challenged.
      What is one time you had to build a friendship in a team to solve a problem.(paraphrased)
      Why do you want to work for cummins
        Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

One behavioral in person interview, one technical phone interview, one hour long with all engineering related questions. One phone interview with HR after that, technical phone interview was tough, have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions
    • All engineering related questions. Plus cummins product specific questions. What's the differences between specific engines they have.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Job fair on campus. Ended up getting an interview on campus with a recruiter a few weeks later. Asked 3 questions and then talked about the different job opportunities. Interviewer was very nice had along discussion about Cummins values and what he sees as the future of diesel manufacturing. Bring questions to ask at the end of the interview.

Financial Analyst/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The interview process took about three weeks. It was very laid-back and relaxing. There were no hard questions, very commonly asked interview questions. First round interview was with two recruiters, then the final round of interviews, I talked to 2 other recruiters. We also got to see one of the engine plants in Columbus.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I joined a career fair on campus and was invited to a first round interview on campus 2 days after career fair. The first round was behavioral questions and it lasted about 45 minutes. There are two people one asking questions and the other one taking notes. The interview is not too hard and after a month I get a call to a second round interview

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

It all started with a recruiter seeking out students on my campus. I was invited to an interview on campus which was very convenient. It was a 1 on 1 interview with many situational questions. My interview went well so it lasted over an hour but the interviewer said they generally about 45 minutes. About 2 weeks later I was given a contingent offer Fourier m followed by a formal offer 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked my experience with data analysis which was unexpected.   Answer Question

Mechanical Interview

Applied through university career fair, got an email to schedule a behavioral interview 3 weeks later. I was told that If i clear this round then I will be notified about the 2nd technical interview in about 2-3 weeks.

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Phone call interviews with an HR rep, as well as two directors of distribution. The first interview was behavioral, the second two were focused on understanding the functionality of the company and what questions I had as an interviewee.

Interview Questions
    • Is there a time that you had a personal conflict with someone and how did you handle it?   Answer Question