Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

I had 2 interviews, one on campus and one over the phone. The one on campus was with two interviewers. They are really nice and very friendly. The interview over the phone was because I could not make it to the company, and he was very nice as well. Overall, it was a very great process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Cummins.

Interviewed at College during Career Fair. Upon pre-approval, we went to a 1:1 interview.
    It took about 9 months for a decision when the job unposted from the Career website.

Principal Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins.

It took nearly 2 month for 1st round of interview till Offered package.

1- Initially 3 rounds of technical round of interview. Technical interview are very much scenario based rather than typical questions...And the good part of this interview process is they respect the candidate and his work irrespective of how you answer your question..Technical question revolved around designing and suggesting architecture for multi-country roll out of ERP Finance module.

2- There will be an onsite interview at Cummins. There will be 6 rounds of further technical questions and this will be again case study and analytically questions and drawing board is needed to explain it.
    No theoretical or tradition questions are asked like i usually face if i was interviewed by Desi people in industry..

3- It took another 3 weeks to offer me a package. The package is the average. Nothing so great..But the best part of this role and Cummins is that my I was very much impressed with the reporting manager of my role as well as team mates..My impression is that the working culture of the team is the strong point...Again, this is not a regular feature about Cummins but it depends on case to case basis.

4- Verry good benifits and relocation package. But the catch is that there is bond of 2 year otherwise you have to return the money...In the same way,they will process the GC but you have to stay for 2 year after your GC is done which implies that you have to stay around 8-10 year if you are eligible for EB2 category.

Because of bond factor, i did not accept the offer. But i would recomend to join this company if you are not H1B dependent.

Interview Questions

Financial bond for processing Green card.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I reached out to the HR Recruiter for my area of interest and provided my resume and my goals for where I would like to be, career wise. Within a month I had several areas of interest within the company that seemed to be a good fit. HR worked with me and provided my resume to several managers within the company. Individually they would reach out to schedule an interview. I chose which interested me the most and through phone interviews (two) I was offered the position at a business unit that fit me the best.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about the role, analytical questions on the spot that caught me off guard. Technical in nature, yet reasonable given the situation.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable.

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I applied to an engineering position online in May 2014 and received an email from a Cummins recruiter in July 2014. A phone interview was scheduled a couple days after this initial contact. The interview, as most other interview experiences seem to have been, was just an initial screening interview with questions primarily focused on current work experiences and reasons why I was interested in working at Cummins. After being told I would hear back from them "soon" regarding next steps in the interview process, I never heard back from the recruiter after a few follow-up emails and phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • If you enjoy your current job, why are you looking to pursue a career with Cummins? Why the change?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in August 2014.

Online application through Cummins website. After a few weeks I was contacted for an initial phone interview with Cummins corporate recruiter. Interview was pretty straight forward and to the point with general questions about prior experiences, etc. At the end of the interview I was emailed a list of five questions to be completed by the end of the day. I spent a considerable amount of time considering and writing the responses. The recruiter stated "I will be back in touch as soon as I receive the next steps from the manager". Within a week I received a stock automated denial email.

Senior Electronic Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins in May 2014.

I applied for the position through their website. Approximately one week later I was contacted to setup a phone interview for the following week. I was contacted a month later to inform me that they were interested in proceeding and would like to know my compensation requirements. I heard back from them a week later with an offer letter. I reviewed it and accepted the position. I was given a start date for over a month later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard and expected. A lot of focus on behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    I received all most everything I asked for. They do not budge on certain items (i.e. vacation time) no matter how much experience you are coming in with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

submitted resume online, had two phone interviews, was brought on a few months later and onboarded then introduced to my manager. The interviews were very relaxed and comfortable, although I would have preferred to interview in person

Interview Questions
    • Name a challenge that you have faced in the past year... (not a difficult question)   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because I was an intern

Systems Engineer Interview

very flexible. I was a new graduate that time.. not too much technical question, more behavior questions. One day, four people interview, including manager, manager's manager, HR, team members

Global Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in May 2014.

Referred by executive-level contact to Cummins executive level. Spoke with executive about the role, their needs, and the right fit. This would be an IT leadership team position with the ability to take over when the Executive Director (nee: CIO) retired by end of 2014/early 2015.

Discussed some very confidential business environment factors (including dysfunction/dissension among the executive ranks), turnover at the CIO level, an aging IT portfolio, and excessive spending on old technology.

Was promised to be part of the final list - that there would be 6-8 candidates, and the interview team would be formed within a week to ten days.

Interview Questions
    • How would you stand in front of an executive leader, and propose changing an age-old process?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to influence change while leading a team of old (legacy) employees and new hires?   Answer Question
    • How do you overcome the mentality, "save bucks before make bucks?"   Answer Question

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!