Cummins

Getting the Interview

270 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview. One engineer and one HR conducts it. Go through my resume and asked some behavioral questions

Interview Question – Questions about their business in detail   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – The company had come for a career review in my univ. I went to their stall and spoke about myself and handed my resume. I immediately got a slot without any questions asked for an interview the next day. The next day it was a behavioral interview...like what are the challenges you expected to face and such general questions. There were two persons with one typing and both of them questioning.

Interview Question – The questions were not hard. If you remember all your experiences through your projects, then one can answer very well their questions.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Interview Details – Went to the career fair where I gave my resume to a cummins recruiter who called me later that day to offer me an interview for the following day. The interview was with a head design engineer with a younger recruiter taking notes. They asked primarily technical questions. Two weeks later I had a one on one phone interview with a different mechanical engineer. This interview was behavioral with in addition to asking about specific experiences I had with testing and analysis. Two weeks after that I received an offer over the phone.

Interview Question – Form vs function
5 functions of a washer
Difference in a long vs short screw
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Spoke to the recruiter during the job fair.Recieved a phone interview after a few weeks following the job fair at my university.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had a conflict which your co-worker and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Hiring process is totally irresponsible. I gave a behavioural phone interview and thought it was ok-ok. I never heard back from the engineer who took my interview even after following up 3 times.

Interview Question – nothing as such   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I received an email about setting up an initial behavioral interview. I was interviewed the next week and was eventually emailed about another phone call, but for more of a company sales pitch rather than another interview. After telling them which department I would be interested in, I received an offer for employment about a week later.

Interview Question – What is one class that might be bringing down your gpa and why?
Tell me a time you had to present in front of a group.
Tell me a time you had to make a decision for a group.
Tell me a time you had to correct someone.
Tell me a time where you had to design something.
  Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – All behavior questions. Two people during the interview, one take notes the other one ask questions. The atmosphere is flexible. Question: Tell me about yourself, tell me a experience that you finish an unassigned task. Tell me a experience that you have a mistake, tell me about a time that you work in a team and be given wrong instruction.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you work in a team and be given wrong instruction.   Answer Question

Las Cruces, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was given the first interview the day after a career fair on campus. It was a basic behavioral interview, with nothing too tough to answer. There were two interviewers; one asking questions and the other typing answers. Both recruiters were very friendly. The second interview came over the phone, and lasted for an hour. Being my first legitimate phone interview made this much harder. I was not sure what to expect, and to be honest, I did not feel too good about the interview afterwards. It was much more of a technical interview, and it seemed like the interviewer was trying to confirm if I could speak "technically." A couple of weeks after my second interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Question – Although not too difficult, this question was unexpected. I was asked to talk about the difference between form and function and what each of those terms meant to me.   Answer Question

NVH Engineer Interview

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in December 2013.

Interview Details – It's a phone interview with several managers. They asked your experience and capabilities according to your resume. Also, they are interested in if you are good at communicating with other team member, so there are several behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Not difficult   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-op Interview

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – HR interview followed by technical interview

Interview Question – the interview was mostly behavioral and there were not much difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation