Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Apply through a HR. Got an phone behavior interview one week later. Very basic behavior questions, took about half an hour. After another two weeks, got an email scheduling phone technical interview. This interview is one hour.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a cummins representative at career fair and submitted my resume. I got a mail after 2 weeks asking to schedule a phone interview which will be taken by the recruitment team and there will be another interview from a talent scout later. I got the first interview scheduled but did not hear from them after that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Applied on company website and quickly got response from HR in 3 business days. basic behavioral questions for first round, and after a week, got email about second round interview, it will be a functional interview with two IT person. The first round was easy like general behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• introduction;why cummins; challenges you have faced; initiate doing sth.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2015.

Interview

Two interview. First round with College HR specialist and second round with director of manufacturing. Overall, I'd say I had a great interview experience. I expected second round to be more of technical, but both were behavioral. prepare the interview questions listed on glassdoor and it will help you a lot for preparing.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied online, and I had two interviewers, one I was answering questions and the second one I was doing the questions.
    They did a very good job during the interview and also after that they gave me a great feedback.

Interview Questions

• They do the basic questions, why work at cummins? why an MBA?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through career fair at my college. Got an email to schedule a phone interview few days later. And I just done with the interview like 30mins ago, it was very standardized and relax. Waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume; One time you took initiative to solve a problem; one time you missed deadline; one time you have to present yourself in front of people.   Answer Question

Coop Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Started with an email requesting for a phone interview. The interview questions were basic HR questions like strength weakness, time you took initiative, difficult work situation. Then after a a week or two they will get back for the second round of interview which is mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected part was they asked about my favorite course where I didn't expect the interviewer to go on about that subject for a long time.I guess they were familiar with that course   Answer Question

Cross Functional Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins (West Lafayette, IN) in February 2015.

Interview

Have to pass the basic assessment test in order to get an interview. Make sure you know your basic science and physics questions. If you don't pass the test, they will not tell you why you failed. The test takes over an hour to do.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at an on-campus career fair. That same evening I got a call about an interview for the next day. My interview lasted 45 minutes. It was very well done. Two weeks later I got an answer from their management about a technical interview.

Thermal and Fluid Sciences Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was good overall. I had the first interview slot in the morning. The interview was mainly behavioral and lasted an hour. They first ran through the resume and then went on to behavioral questions. This was followed by some HR questions related to location preferences. Heard back after two weeks for a second functional interview.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time where you have had a conflict with a team member. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were required to make a technical presentation   Answer Question
    • Explain a scenario where you had taken an initiative to get something done   Answer Question