Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.8

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

I had a short conversation during a career fair at my university. About 3 weeks later I received a call to schedule a behavioral interview. It was conducted by another engineer who graduated a few years before me, so we had a lot to talk about. Another 2 weeks passed and I got an email from a senior engineer to schedule another interview. This interview was a general interview to see where my skills would be best suited. Almost exactly 2 weeks later I got an email from HR with an offer including a compensation package. Very nice people and easy to have a real conversation with.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. What's a time when you gave someone the wrong information? When's a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor? Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They sent a more than reasonable package for my experience level.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Hiring process was smooth and the HR rep made it easy. It was a relocation and the HR rep took care of virtually everything for the interview and even the relocation,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They ask what was the minimum I would take to accept the position and that became the maximum offer.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Interviewed by two recruiters. Long interview but pretty laid back. Lots of questions. Second round interview over the phone with a manager. Again lots of questions but nothing technical. Mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Chemical Engineering Interview

Interview

I got the interview at the SHPE conference. I went through two interviews on the phone, one behavioral (about 20 min) and another technical with a chemical engineer (about 1 hour). Finally I was contacted about two weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• How does an engineer validate his/her results from an experiment? What is the first law of thermodynamics?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Contacted for a first round interview over the phone. Asked basic behavioral questions. "Describe a time where you used technology in an unexpected way" and "Describe a time where you had a conflict with someone and resolved it."

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time where you used technology in an unexpected way"   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a response the next day by the HR manager for interview dates. It was a telephonic interview. The questions were behavioral and pretty standard. She asked me why I wanted to work with Cummins. The response from the company was very prompt. I got a call for second interview after 2 days.

Interview Questions

• How did you use your technical skills/education to do something innovative/challenging?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cummins (Phoneton, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied during engineering day in my school and also told to apply online which I did. The behavioral interview is just to determine your weakness and strength from your past job. I do not know what else they wanna get from you except from that but I did get the intern.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Interview

I got the interview trough a College Career Fair. I applied on Campus Career Center website and had to sign up for an interview time and date a week later. The interview was then another few weeks after that. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. They gave a good description on what the job requirements were and what to expect if I were to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my resume. Asking questions on how well you worked in groups and what kind of conflicts you faced in the group setting. They also looked at past work experience.   Answer Question