Cummins

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

THe hiring process started at the on campus job fair. I was then contacted via email. My interview went pretty fast as I was told that I jumped straight from a conversation with recruiters to an interview with senior HR personnel. Interviewing with senior personnel was a learning process in itself. However, they were so relaxed which made the interviewing environment relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • THere were no difficult or unexpected questions. My advice is to review the usual and unusual behavior type questions. And be prepared to explain how your past experience (research included) will contribute to the position you are interviewing for. For example, if you discuss you recent thesis project explain your research process in terms that relate to the position interviewing for. Correlate your graduate assistantship experiences or any other experiences to the position interviewing for. This is key to promoting further interest by Cummins.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

The interview process was completely mismanaged. The first round was pretty basic HR questions 1) Tell me abt urself 2) tell me about a time u had a conflict with fellow worker etc. The next round of the interview process took place 3 months after the 1st round, which I fail to fathom ..why. This was the technical round where I was asked some serious tech questions. I was expecting the interview to be based on my experience but, it was all predefined tech questions .

Interview Questions
    • Diff b/w form and Function
      Principle of Green house
      2 Trucks, one runs on interstate day in and out and another runs in city with lots of start stop, which one is likely to have more and early wear

Answer Question

Machining Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Got the interview through College Career Fair. First round was a screening round with behavioural questions on the very next day of the career fair. Second round was a phone interview, questions were mostly regarding resume and related stuff

Product Validation Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Got in contact with the company in October 2014 at the HEENAC Conference. Whole process took about a month. Had 2 interviews, first was behavior, second technical. Interview were fairly easy and straight forward questions about your past experience and how you went about implementing engineering skills and standards in projects.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't hard or unexpected. Just answer how you handle bad situations, and what were your outcomes.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cummins in October 2014.

Applied through college recruiter. Waited about couple days before I got the email response from the company. Before the interview day, the company invited every candidates to a dinner to introduce themselves. Interview was easy, with two interviewers. Asked mostly behavioral questions by one interviewer, the other took notes. Both are friendly. Didn't go through the first round, probably due to my experience is not a good fit.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Applied for on campus interview through my university. All of you have to do is upload your resume The company officials emailed me. They were very nice and mostly asked personality questions and wanted to know more about your projects. My biggest disadvantage was that I was a freshman and didn't have too much to say about in my resume. If you have adequate experience and a likable personality the process is going to be easy.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly personal Questions like tell me about a time when you had a fight with your teammate   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The phone interview was pretty simple. We just talked about things on the resume and my past experience. The conversation flowed pretty easily and there were no difficult questions. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • In my opinion, I do not think there were any difficult questions. There were no technical questions asked because it was an entry level job. The interview was pretty basic and there was no question that was out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

It is an on campus interview. There is a pre-night one day before the actual interview, where you basicially socialize with the managers and recruiters. There are 6 behavioral questions for the first round of interview. 2 interviewers. The manager was very friendly and the recruiter was a little bit scary. Unfortunately, I didn't get to the second round of interview. But still, Cummins is a good company to work for.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I had 2 interviews, one on campus and one over the phone. The one on campus was with two interviewers. They are really nice and very friendly. The interview over the phone was because I could not make it to the company, and he was very nice as well. Overall, it was a very great process.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins.

Interviewed at College during Career Fair. Upon pre-approval, we went to a 1:1 interview.
    It took about 9 months for a decision when the job unposted from the Career website.