Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.8

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Applied online. Got a response the next day by the HR manager for interview dates. It was a telephonic interview. The questions were behavioral and pretty standard. She asked me why I wanted to work with Cummins. The response from the company was very prompt. I got a call for second interview after 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • How did you use your technical skills/education to do something innovative/challenging?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

Started with a phone interview from one of the HR guys, it involves behavorial question like "tell us a time when you have to make a difficult decision & how did you go about ir"...it was followed with a technical interview after a couple of weeks, the interviewer is one of the chief engineer & he concentrated his question on technical understanding of IC Engine...still expecting to hear frm then soon

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

I applied during engineering day in my school and also told to apply online which I did. The behavioral interview is just to determine your weakness and strength from your past job. I do not know what else they wanna get from you except from that but I did get the intern.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in January 2015.

I applied online and was eventually contacted about a phone interview. The first phone interview was with an HR representative and it lasted around a half hour. A week or so after that I was contacted about a second phone interview. The second interview was with an engineer. It lasted an hour and was full of very technical engineering questions about what I would do in design and development situations. I received an offer a several weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the steps you would take to identify the cause of a specific problem?   Answer Question

Service/Applications Engineer Interview

I got the interview trough a College Career Fair. I applied on Campus Career Center website and had to sign up for an interview time and date a week later. The interview was then another few weeks after that. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. They gave a good description on what the job requirements were and what to expect if I were to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were about my resume. Asking questions on how well you worked in groups and what kind of conflicts you faced in the group setting. They also looked at past work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I met the recruiter on campus recruiting and got an offer after one round of interview. The process is very efficient. I got the offer after one week. The hiring manager is my future boss.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider if we plan to build a new plant in different country?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied online. Got emailed to schedule a phone interview.
    It was totally behavioral and situational. They have a hr person contact you, and if they like you they will forward your resume to talent scouts to see if you could fit any positions.
    I was contacted for a position to be filled in january but was told i would be considered for summer and fall positions which i was more interested in doing.

Just had the interview today. Was told i would be contacted in a couple of weeks for a more technical interview

Interview Questions
    • What is one time you felt challenged.
      What is one time you had to build a friendship in a team to solve a problem.(paraphrased)
      Why do you want to work for cummins

Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

After attending my school's career fair they invited me to do a first round interview with them. Since it is a full time position it might be taking them a little while to set up a second round interview. The interview process has taken quite a bit but overall it has been a positive experience so far.

Interview Questions
    • Describe something that you have done in your life or professional career that you're very proud of.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

One behavioral in person interview, one technical phone interview, one hour long with all engineering related questions. One phone interview with HR after that, technical phone interview was tough, have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions
    • All engineering related questions. Plus cummins product specific questions. What's the differences between specific engines they have.   Answer Question