Cummins

Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.8

Principal Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

It took nearly 2 month for 1st round of interview till Offered package.

1- Initially 3 rounds of technical round of interview. Technical interview are very much scenario based rather than typical questions...And the good part of this interview process is they respect the candidate and his work irrespective of how you answer your question..Technical question revolved around designing and suggesting architecture for multi-country roll out of ERP Finance module.

2- There will be an onsite interview at Cummins. There will be 6 rounds of further technical questions and this will be again case study and analytically questions and drawing board is needed to explain it.
    No theoretical or tradition questions are asked like i usually face if i was interviewed by Desi people in industry..

3- It took another 3 weeks to offer me a package. The package is the average. Nothing so great..But the best part of this role and Cummins is that my I was very much impressed with the reporting manager of my role as well as team mates..My impression is that the working culture of the team is the strong point...Again, this is not a regular feature about Cummins but it depends on case to case basis.

4- Verry good benifits and relocation package. But the catch is that there is bond of 2 year otherwise you have to return the money...In the same way,they will process the GC but you have to stay for 2 year after your GC is done which implies that you have to stay around 8-10 year if you are eligible for EB2 category.

Because of bond factor, i did not accept the offer. But i would recomend to join this company if you are not H1B dependent.

Interview Questions

Financial bond for processing Green card.

Electronics Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

I had applied through university. Received a interview to meet up at the university. Interview process was with 2 people for 45 mins. They mainly look for an all round person esp if your in controls and electronics. They are a nicely tied company and everybody works together.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult. Just lots of situational questions. No technical questions. And asked to give a review of the resume. Speak about the resume keeping in mind that your applying to that job in cummins and highlight those specifics if possible.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

There are two rounds of interview. One is on campus and the other one is on site. Cummins care a lot about the community and values innovation. They have a decentralized structure where everyone is very personable.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in September 2014.

I was hired via th carrer fair help in my university. Then i was short listed for the beahvioural interview. After two weeks of that I was short listed for technical interview

Systems Engineer Interview

very flexible. I was a new graduate that time.. not too much technical question, more behavior questions. One day, four people interview, including manager, manager's manager, HR, team members

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in August 2014.

Online application through Cummins website. After a few weeks I was contacted for an initial phone interview with Cummins corporate recruiter. Interview was pretty straight forward and to the point with general questions about prior experiences, etc. At the end of the interview I was emailed a list of five questions to be completed by the end of the day. I spent a considerable amount of time considering and writing the responses. The recruiter stated "I will be back in touch as soon as I receive the next steps from the manager". Within a week I received a stock automated denial email.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in August 2014.

connected through career fair, applied online and get first round through OCR. most behavior questions and focused on the innovation, creativity and problem solving. basically just go through the resume. get 2nd on site interview in 1 week. 2nd round is basically 1st round*2, no tech question, all behavior as 1st one.

Marketing Interview

1. Corporate hr phone interview
    2. Line Manager face to face internview
    3. Line hr phone internview

standard interview, asked about past experience to see whether the candidate fits in the position or not

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I applied to an engineering position online in May 2014 and received an email from a Cummins recruiter in July 2014. A phone interview was scheduled a couple days after this initial contact. The interview, as most other interview experiences seem to have been, was just an initial screening interview with questions primarily focused on current work experiences and reasons why I was interested in working at Cummins. After being told I would hear back from them "soon" regarding next steps in the interview process, I never heard back from the recruiter after a few follow-up emails and phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • If you enjoy your current job, why are you looking to pursue a career with Cummins? Why the change?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I reached out to the HR Recruiter for my area of interest and provided my resume and my goals for where I would like to be, career wise. Within a month I had several areas of interest within the company that seemed to be a good fit. HR worked with me and provided my resume to several managers within the company. Individually they would reach out to schedule an interview. I chose which interested me the most and through phone interviews (two) I was offered the position at a business unit that fit me the best.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about the role, analytical questions on the spot that caught me off guard. Technical in nature, yet reasonable given the situation.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable.