Cummins

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

very flexible. I was a new graduate that time.. not too much technical question, more behavior questions. One day, four people interview, including manager, manager's manager, HR, team members

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in August 2014.

Online application through Cummins website. After a few weeks I was contacted for an initial phone interview with Cummins corporate recruiter. Interview was pretty straight forward and to the point with general questions about prior experiences, etc. At the end of the interview I was emailed a list of five questions to be completed by the end of the day. I spent a considerable amount of time considering and writing the responses. The recruiter stated "I will be back in touch as soon as I receive the next steps from the manager". Within a week I received a stock automated denial email.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in August 2014.

connected through career fair, applied online and get first round through OCR. most behavior questions and focused on the innovation, creativity and problem solving. basically just go through the resume. get 2nd on site interview in 1 week. 2nd round is basically 1st round*2, no tech question, all behavior as 1st one.

Marketing Interview

1. Corporate hr phone interview
    2. Line Manager face to face internview
    3. Line hr phone internview

standard interview, asked about past experience to see whether the candidate fits in the position or not

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I applied to an engineering position online in May 2014 and received an email from a Cummins recruiter in July 2014. A phone interview was scheduled a couple days after this initial contact. The interview, as most other interview experiences seem to have been, was just an initial screening interview with questions primarily focused on current work experiences and reasons why I was interested in working at Cummins. After being told I would hear back from them "soon" regarding next steps in the interview process, I never heard back from the recruiter after a few follow-up emails and phone calls.

Interview Questions
    • If you enjoy your current job, why are you looking to pursue a career with Cummins? Why the change?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2014.

I reached out to the HR Recruiter for my area of interest and provided my resume and my goals for where I would like to be, career wise. Within a month I had several areas of interest within the company that seemed to be a good fit. HR worked with me and provided my resume to several managers within the company. Individually they would reach out to schedule an interview. I chose which interested me the most and through phone interviews (two) I was offered the position at a business unit that fit me the best.

Interview Questions
    • There were specific questions about the role, analytical questions on the spot that caught me off guard. Technical in nature, yet reasonable given the situation.   Answer Question
    Everything is negotiable.

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I interviewed twice with Cummins, a group interview with the hiring manager for the position and one of the other employees in the department. I later had a second interview with the dept. manager. The communication level was very lacking - I was only invited to interviews through a Google calendar invite without the necessary information (such as correct time of interview) always included, and text message followups from the hiring manager to confirm the invite details. When the hiring manager left me a message to let me know they were not going to offer the position to me, I was invited to call and discuss the decision at a specific time, at which there was no answer. Two attempts to take them up on the offer to discuss via phone, and one email later thanking them for the consideration and my desire for feedback, and I've had no response. Overall, a very unprofessional communication level, though I appreciated the quick pace of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Can you be a very demanding person?
      Why do you want to work for Cummins?

Very general interview questions.

Answer Question

MBA Marketing Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins.

Nice lady from HR calls to schedule a phone interview. Standard behavioral questions. Went over resume. Pleasant chat about other stuff. Was invited to second round interview, but had to reschedule. Never got another response.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, standard behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

There were two interviews. First interview was awarded after discussion at my school's career fair. The first interview had one person asking the questions and a second person taking notes on everything I was saying. After first interview, got an invite to the final interview in Columbus, IN (Headquarters). That was a full day, with two 30 minute interviews, a discussion panel with different employees, a tour of the facilities, and a networking lunch. Received a call after about a week with a tentative offer, then an official offer was emailed.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral interview, asked to discuss resume further. Lots of teamwork, and how I handled unexpected setbacks.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable

Mechanical Engineer-Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in June 2014.

2 Stage Interviewing process. 1st Stage is the interview with the HR. Questions asked: Tell me about your weakness, How do you handle complex projects, Are you good at Multitasking. 2nd Stage is the interview with technical manager. They will ask you questions regarding your experience, course work, some technical questions. Not really difficult.