Cummins

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Systems Support Analyst Interview

Financial Systems Support Analyst
Columbus, IN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – Firstly apply online through the job opportunity website of university. Was invited for an evening social event and a 45 minute first round interview. Then get an email for the 2nd round on-site interview, including a panel discussion with current employers and a one hour interview, the afternoon is for plant tour. The people were very nice.

Interview Question – Not any unexpected question. Only behavior question plus why you interested in the position.   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Interview

Electrical Engineering
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through college career fair and interviewed at my university.
I've finished the first round and all of them are behavior questions. Then the interviewer and I talked about the company culture and career path. The interviewer is a serious guy and did not smile or give much feedback to me. He said they will notify me in two or three weeks and the second round(also the final round) will be a phone interview. The function manager will ask technical questions.
The interview is all about behavior questions, no technical things at all.
If you prepared behavior questions very well, I think you could do well.

Interview Question – 1. Tell me a time when you are handling new problems.
2. What is the inspiration for the career you chosen?
3. Tell me a time when you are doing something that is not required.
  View Answers (4)

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I applied for it through campus recruiting and got an interview on campus. They ask you 3-5 behavioral questions.
1. Tell me about yourself
2. Provide a personal example when you resolve a conflict in team environment
3. Provide a personal example when you present wrong information in front of people

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Compensation Analyst Intern Interview

Compensation Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I applied through campus recruiting. Had a 1st round interview with three recruiters at campus. Received 2nd round interview request one week later. After 2nd round, I received offer.

Interview Question – interview questions are common behavioral based ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable for interns

Electronics Engineer Interview

Electronics Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – I talked to the HR in an on campus career fair, and handed in my resume. Then I get a job interview also on campus. This is just a normal behavior interviews. There were two interviewers. Both were asking all kinds of question about describing some situation, like teamwork, multitasking.

Interview Question – All of the questions I have been asked are those I have prepared for, so there is nothing unexpected.   View Answers (4)

Senior Obd Engineer Interview

Senior Obd Engineer
Columbus, IN

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – It was full day interview about 5 hours interview with 5 different leads/managers - all of whom represented different but related engineering area like software, design, project manager, application lead.
After that about half an hour of hr interview.

Mos of questions were based on their standard behavior questionnaire e.g. Describe conflict situation , give example of innovation, best practice used etc. since all of the questions are open ended you have relate it to your past experiences and examples.

Interview Question – Question on managing customer demands and requirements   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate but I regret it. I later got to know many who were able negotiate 10000 increase on first offer. So be sure to negotiate it but only after you get first written offer. During hr interview just tell them you are flexible.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Communicated originally at a job fair with in person interview. Had follow on communications from corporate recruiter within one month and a second over-the-phone interview. Very pointed behavioral questions about supply chain and logistics background. Know what lean is, know what six sigma is.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a problem that you needed to convince your manager was a problem that he/she needed to invest resources in and you failed. Explain how you approached it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Applied online
Received an email requesting a time for an interview
Did the interview via cell phone
Interview told me he like me and wanted me to work for Cummins

Interview Question – What is a duty cycle?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Intern Interview

Carbondale, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – All STAR, behavior based questions. Practice makes perfect.

Interview Question – Sometimes you'll be given a question that you cannot really contort to make yourself look good. ex:"tell me about a time when you missed a deadline".   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – On-campus interview 1st round consists of the most basic interview questions. It lasts for 30 minutes, usually 2 people asking.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had an ethical dilemma and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins