Cummins Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through the online Cummins career site on their company website. The application was lengthy but it ensures that you are giving necessary information to get you and your potential employer on the same page about what you want to gain from the internship experience and what they require of an intern. The process has two phone interviews: first is with an HR representative and is an overview interview; the second is with a talent manager in the area your have designated. I applied in December and had accepted my position in mid-February.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Cummins?   1 Answer

Interview

I got the interview trough a College Career Fair. I applied on Campus Career Center website and had to sign up for an interview time and date a week later. The interview was then another few weeks after that. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. They gave a good description on what the job requirements were and what to expect if I were to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about my resume. Asking questions on how well you worked in groups and what kind of conflicts you faced in the group setting. They also looked at past work experience.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I met the recruiter on campus recruiting and got an offer after one round of interview. The process is very efficient. I got the offer after one week. The hiring manager is my future boss.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider if we plan to build a new plant in different country?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

First one was campus interview. Passed that then phone interview twice then not hired. It is not easy to placed in cummins. I was so close but i dont know ehy they did not hire me. They fid not tell me the reason also.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Applied online. Got emailed to schedule a phone interview. It was totally behavioral and situational. They have a hr person contact you, and if they like you they will forward your resume to talent scouts to see if you could fit any positions. I was contacted for a position to be filled in january but was told i would be considered for summer and fall positions which i was more interested in doing. Just had the interview today. Was told i would be contacted in a couple of weeks for a more technical interview

Interview Questions

• What is one time you felt challenged. What is one time you had to build a friendship in a team to solve a problem.(paraphrased) Why do you want to work for cummins   Answer Question

Full Time Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

After attending my school's career fair they invited me to do a first round interview with them. Since it is a full time position it might be taking them a little while to set up a second round interview. The interview process has taken quite a bit but overall it has been a positive experience so far.

Interview Questions

• Describe something that you have done in your life or professional career that you're very proud of.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Attended to a recruiting event and got a phone interview. They called me at the precariously time scheduled and had behavioral questions such as: Tell me a time you struggled with technology? How do yo prioritize projects? Why Cummins?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a cultural issue with a colleague and how you responded   Answer Question

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

One behavioral in person interview, one technical phone interview, one hour long with all engineering related questions. One phone interview with HR after that, technical phone interview was tough, have not heard from them since.

Interview Questions

• All engineering related questions. Plus cummins product specific questions. What's the differences between specific engines they have.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN).

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks. It was very laid-back and relaxing. There were no hard questions, very commonly asked interview questions. First round interview was with two recruiters, then the final round of interviews, I talked to 2 other recruiters. We also got to see one of the engine plants in Columbus.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Interview

Job fair on campus. Ended up getting an interview on campus with a recruiter a few weeks later. Asked 3 questions and then talked about the different job opportunities. Interviewer was very nice had along discussion about Cummins values and what he sees as the future of diesel manufacturing. Bring questions to ask at the end of the interview.