Cummins

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charleston, SC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – Visited Cummins table at college career fair, was told to apply online via their website and school's career site. Received late night phone call from recruiter offering 1st round interview in person. ++Was asked why Cummins, explain your resume, skillsets, goals, a few more simple questions.

Was called again approx. 3 weeks later saying that I had managed to go uncontacted but i was invited for a second & final interview, which would be by phone and last an hour. Was told the phone call would come from interested hired manager & exact timeline of said phone call could not be provided. Approx. 1 week later received email confirming phone interview. ++Was asked about 5 behavioral questions, briefly ran through resume highlighting most valued exp., interview quickly became very conversational though (could've just been both our chatty personalities) :).

Was informed 1 week later I got the job! Invited to participate in sales visit

Great salary offer, benefit package, relocation package, etc!!!
Overall easy process just did not like time turnaround for job offer.

Interview Question – Unexpected ?: If you had all the money & time in the world what would you be doing or spend time doing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Columbus, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cummins in March 2012.

Interview Details – originally got a email and phone interview. the recruiters were incredibly rude and i was immediately displeased. they sounded unprofessional and bored throughout the entire phone call. i'm honestly relieved it was only on the phone and not in person.

Interview Question – none were unexpected   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with HR. HR was very friendly and enthusiastic. Pretty standard, asked about items on my resume and also ask about innovation. My second interview was a phone interview with a hiring manager and was very similar to the HR interview. It was more in-depth and really focused around my past experiences.

Interview Question – Explain a past situation in which you faced internal conflict and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins Marketing interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.