Cummins Mechanical Development Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the University Career Fair and was called later that night for a 1 on 1 interview the next morning with a manager. Typical behavioral questions were asked before we moved on to more in depth questions regarding the job and my background. We spoke about what the position would entail and whether or not it would suit me, and also went into great detail on my past experiences. They seem to look for people with interest in their industry by the candidate's hobbies, etc. Following the 1 on 1, I was called 3 weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a hiring manager. At the end of the phone interview, I was extended a verbal offer and received the official offer via email 2 weeks later. Everyone I had spoken to throughout the interviewing process were extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and approachable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary, bonus, and benefits are non-negotiable, but starting date is.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cummins (Columbus, IN) in September 2011.

Interview

I was asked some generic questions about my engineering background experience followed by some more difficult specific questions about failure analysis.

Interview Questions

Mechanical Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cummins in September 2010.

Interview

There was a 3 step interview process. The first interview was a behavioral interview that lasted about 30 minutes. The second interview was a 1:1 with my hiring manager. He asked more questions about the job and my experience. The final interview was more or less Cummins selling themselves to me.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. From what I've heard, there is strictly no negotiating for entry level positions. Don't let that keep you from trying, however.