Cummins

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I talked to the recruiter of Cummins in the career fair at the university. A few days later I received an email to schedule a phone behavior interview. I talked to a engineer through phone. Three weeks later I received another email to schedule a phone functional interview. This time I talked to a site leader. I was told that the result would come out within two weeks, but four weeks passed and I hadn't been informed. So I wrote an email to follow up, and then received the offer few days later. The recruiters I've talked to are nice and made me feel comfortable during the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked how I will start to solve a problem and to give a example in behavior interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I had a short conversation during a career fair at my university. About 3 weeks later I received a call to schedule a behavioral interview. It was conducted by another engineer who graduated a few years before me, so we had a lot to talk about. Another 2 weeks passed and I got an email from a senior engineer to schedule another interview. This interview was a general interview to see where my skills would be best suited. Almost exactly 2 weeks later I got an email from HR with an offer including a compensation package. Very nice people and easy to have a real conversation with.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. What's a time when you gave someone the wrong information? When's a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor? Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question
    They sent a more than reasonable package for my experience level.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

Job fair on campus. Ended up getting an interview on campus with a recruiter a few weeks later. Asked 3 questions and then talked about the different job opportunities. Interviewer was very nice had along discussion about Cummins values and what he sees as the future of diesel manufacturing. Bring questions to ask at the end of the interview.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I joined a career fair on campus and was invited to a first round interview on campus 2 days after career fair. The first round was behavioral questions and it lasted about 45 minutes. There are two people one asking questions and the other one taking notes. The interview is not too hard and after a month I get a call to a second round interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

On campus recruiting led to the first interview. The first interview was behavioral and fairly straightforward. For much of the interview we simply went over my resume. I was contacted for a second interview about a month later. I am still waiting to hear back from them, but it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had multiple things due at once.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied through campus and got an interview two weeks after the job fair. Interview was behavioral and not too technical. Receive another interview a week later over the phone. The second interview was more technical. Got an offer a week after the second interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The behavioral interview which lasts for about 30-35 mins is pretty easy. One guy asks you questions related to your past work exp and gives some situations where you have to tell him about your views and solutions you can get. Other guy writes your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult message you had to deliver to someone in person   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins.

Interviewed at College during Career Fair. Upon pre-approval, we went to a 1:1 interview.
    It took about 9 months for a decision when the job unposted from the Career website.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in April 2014.

Interviews were being held at my university so I requested an interview and scheduled a face-to-face with the recruiter. Sat down through behavioral interview and scheduled a time to do a technical interview over the phone. Received an offer a couple weeks later. I was looking for a different type of position so they sent me another offer that I accepted. Was sent information regarding background check and drug test before employment.

Interview Questions
    • 2 or 3 basic engineering questions...if you're a firefighter putting out a fire with a hose connected from a hydrant to a pump on the truck to the hose end spraying the fire, how can you get the most water spraying on the fire?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Number of interviews - 1 (HR) - took about 25 minutes - all behavioral questions - have not had a technical interview yet so cannot say anything about it!