Cummins

Updated Jan 18, 2015

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

College interview for an internship position. They asked me a couple questions. They are all behavior question about the behavior. They also asked me about the most creative idea I've ever come up. They also ask me if I have conflict with teammate when doing the teamwork.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

On campus interview. One engineer and one HR conducts it. Go through my resume and asked some behavioral questions

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied through campus and got an interview two weeks after the job fair. Interview was behavioral and not too technical. Receive another interview a week later over the phone. The second interview was more technical. Got an offer a week after the second interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

On campus recruiting led to the first interview. The first interview was behavioral and fairly straightforward. For much of the interview we simply went over my resume. I was contacted for a second interview about a month later. I am still waiting to hear back from them, but it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had multiple things due at once.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins in April 2014.

Interviews were being held at my university so I requested an interview and scheduled a face-to-face with the recruiter. Sat down through behavioral interview and scheduled a time to do a technical interview over the phone. Received an offer a couple weeks later. I was looking for a different type of position so they sent me another offer that I accepted. Was sent information regarding background check and drug test before employment.

Interview Questions
    • 2 or 3 basic engineering questions...if you're a firefighter putting out a fire with a hose connected from a hydrant to a pump on the truck to the hose end spraying the fire, how can you get the most water spraying on the fire?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, internship

Mechanical Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I had a short conversation during a career fair at my university. About 3 weeks later I received a call to schedule a behavioral interview. It was conducted by another engineer who graduated a few years before me, so we had a lot to talk about. Another 2 weeks passed and I got an email from a senior engineer to schedule another interview. This interview was a general interview to see where my skills would be best suited. Almost exactly 2 weeks later I got an email from HR with an offer including a compensation package. Very nice people and easy to have a real conversation with.

Interview Questions
    • General behavioral questions. What's a time when you gave someone the wrong information? When's a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor? Pretty basic stuff.   Answer Question
    They sent a more than reasonable package for my experience level.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The behavioral interview which lasts for about 30-35 mins is pretty easy. One guy asks you questions related to your past work exp and gives some situations where you have to tell him about your views and solutions you can get. Other guy writes your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult message you had to deliver to someone in person   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Number of interviews - 1 (HR) - took about 25 minutes - all behavioral questions - have not had a technical interview yet so cannot say anything about it!

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

The interview was slow going. However after they got to know me there were a lot of questions. The recruiters were extremely interested in my work and said that Cummins has a long history of hiring people with my backgrounds. However after they decided they want to hire me they offered a low ammount.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Went to the career fair where I gave my resume to a cummins recruiter who called me later that day to offer me an interview for the following day. The interview was with a head design engineer with a younger recruiter taking notes. They asked primarily technical questions. Two weeks later I had a one on one phone interview with a different mechanical engineer. This interview was behavioral with in addition to asking about specific experiences I had with testing and analysis. Two weeks after that I received an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Form vs function
      5 functions of a washer
      Difference in a long vs short screw

Answer Question