Cummins

Updated Nov 5, 2014
Updated Nov 5, 2014

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins in January 2012.

College interview for an internship position. They asked me a couple questions. They are all behavior question about the behavior. They also asked me about the most creative idea I've ever come up. They also ask me if I have conflict with teammate when doing the teamwork.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

On campus interview. One engineer and one HR conducts it. Go through my resume and asked some behavioral questions

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Applied through campus and got an interview two weeks after the job fair. Interview was behavioral and not too technical. Receive another interview a week later over the phone. The second interview was more technical. Got an offer a week after the second interview

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins.

On campus recruiting led to the first interview. The first interview was behavioral and fairly straightforward. For much of the interview we simply went over my resume. I was contacted for a second interview about a month later. I am still waiting to hear back from them, but it was a positive experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had multiple things due at once.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

The behavioral interview which lasts for about 30-35 mins is pretty easy. One guy asks you questions related to your past work exp and gives some situations where you have to tell him about your views and solutions you can get. Other guy writes your responses.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult message you had to deliver to someone in person   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in March 2014.

Number of interviews - 1 (HR) - took about 25 minutes - all behavioral questions - have not had a technical interview yet so cannot say anything about it!

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

The interview was slow going. However after they got to know me there were a lot of questions. The recruiters were extremely interested in my work and said that Cummins has a long history of hiring people with my backgrounds. However after they decided they want to hire me they offered a low ammount.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins in February 2012.

Went to the career fair where I gave my resume to a cummins recruiter who called me later that day to offer me an interview for the following day. The interview was with a head design engineer with a younger recruiter taking notes. They asked primarily technical questions. Two weeks later I had a one on one phone interview with a different mechanical engineer. This interview was behavioral with in addition to asking about specific experiences I had with testing and analysis. Two weeks after that I received an offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • Form vs function
      5 functions of a washer
      Difference in a long vs short screw

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins.

I'm a grad student with no work experience and have done two interviews so far and there is at least one more interview left.

First interview was on campus, they ask you behavioural questions and go through some points on yours resume. It lasts about 30-45 minutes. They decide what department to place you in this interview.

The second interview was a phone interview. The interview was done by the head of the group that was interested in my skill set. This is a technical interview where they ask you some basic ME questions from undergrad and ask you about projects on your resume in detail. Some behavioural questions are thrown in as well.
    The next interview will be from somebody in the same or related department.

Interview Questions
    • In round 1, Describe a situation where you took upon an assignment that was not anybody's responsibility but had to be done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Cruces, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

I was given the first interview the day after a career fair on campus. It was a basic behavioral interview, with nothing too tough to answer. There were two interviewers; one asking questions and the other typing answers. Both recruiters were very friendly. The second interview came over the phone, and lasted for an hour. Being my first legitimate phone interview made this much harder. I was not sure what to expect, and to be honest, I did not feel too good about the interview afterwards. It was much more of a technical interview, and it seemed like the interviewer was trying to confirm if I could speak "technically." A couple of weeks after my second interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Although not too difficult, this question was unexpected. I was asked to talk about the difference between form and function and what each of those terms meant to me.   Answer Question