Cummins Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Updated May 14, 2015

2.5

Materials Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied through my school, was called to set up an in person interview.
    The interview was with two supervisors.Lasted an hour. They do a background check and afterwards they called me with a starting date.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked what if questions and a lot of background information questions   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

connected through career fair, applied online and get first round through OCR. most behavior questions and focused on the innovation, creativity and problem solving. basically just go through the resume. get 2nd on site interview in 1 week. 2nd round is basically 1st round*2, no tech question, all behavior as 1st one.

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting. Got an on campus interview call. The questions were mainly behavioral and this was followed by a telephonic interview round with the Vice President which was again mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as it was.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Phone call. Meet some people. Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't get along with an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what it was coming in.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied on-line by submitting my resume and cover letter to the HR Generalist on a Tuesday. She responded immediately and wanted to interview me within a matter of days after reviewing my resume. About three days later (Friday), she and I scheduled an over the phone interview that lasted about 35 minutes. This was also when she asked if I could attend an in-person interview. The following Monday was the in-person interview with both the HR Generalist and HR Manager which lasted about an hour and a half where I was told to follow-up in two weeks. One month after the interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about the company?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins (Memphis, TN) in February 2008.

Interview

Campus recruit events first as the 1st round. After passed the 1st round, Cummins invited me to the headquarter for the 2nd round. In the 1st round, 2 interviewers ask behavioral questions and check on your background and experiences. In the 2nd round, I visited the headquarter by myself instead of joining the group session the next week because of schedule conflict. Cummins provided a short tour on the site then had me interview with Finance function leaders 1 on 1. I interviewed with 4 different director level people. One of them offered a position for me after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• How much do you know about Corporate Finance and what are you really capable of doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary & Benefits is negotiable. I would suggest you have a bottom line in mind. If it's lower than your expectation, just tell them what you expect and provide others experience as a backup.