Cummins

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Memphis, TN

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy. Phone call. Meet some people. Got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you couldn't get along with an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew what it was coming in.

Operations Intern Interview

Operations Intern
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cummins in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through college recruiting. Got an on campus interview call. The questions were mainly behavioral and this was followed by a telephonic interview round with the Vice President which was again mainly behavioral.

Interview Question – They were typical behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as it was.

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cummins in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on-line by submitting my resume and cover letter to the HR Generalist on a Tuesday. She responded immediately and wanted to interview me within a matter of days after reviewing my resume. About three days later (Friday), she and I scheduled an over the phone interview that lasted about 35 minutes. This was also when she asked if I could attend an in-person interview. The following Monday was the in-person interview with both the HR Generalist and HR Manager which lasted about an hour and a half where I was told to follow-up in two weeks. One month after the interview, I was offered the job.

Interview Question – What have you heard about the company?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cummins in February 2008.

Interview Details – Campus recruit events first as the 1st round. After passed the 1st round, Cummins invited me to the headquarter for the 2nd round. In the 1st round, 2 interviewers ask behavioral questions and check on your background and experiences. In the 2nd round, I visited the headquarter by myself instead of joining the group session the next week because of schedule conflict. Cummins provided a short tour on the site then had me interview with Finance function leaders 1 on 1. I interviewed with 4 different director level people. One of them offered a position for me after the interviews.

Interview Question – How much do you know about Corporate Finance and what are you really capable of doing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary & Benefits is negotiable. I would suggest you have a bottom line in mind. If it's lower than your expectation, just tell them what you expect and provide others experience as a backup.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins interview questions and advice in Memphis, TN. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.