Cummins Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview, first round, all behavioral questions. There were two staff one for asking questions and another for recording. Not a lot questions, and all the questions were the same I think for all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Questions like what did you do when you have conflict with your teammates, what did you do when you had a bad relationship with your team members.   Answer Question

Sales Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting but also met with the hiring manager directly. Initial phone interview was about 20 min of behavioral questions, second interview was with a hiring manager in Indiana and was more technical and related to work experience. Second interview was about 40 minutes and offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal work environment and tell me about a less than ideal work environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Requested clarification on some site specific things but there was no room to negotiate over salary or vacation for college level positions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First an on campus interview, it was simple behavioral based interview not more than 30 mins. Will look at experiences, research and GPA more than anything else. Then if selected there is a functional interview over the phone. They asked pretty solid technical questions from thermodynamics and gives you problems to solve there and then. Revising before hand helps. And will ask you to interpret a concept by giving you a situation and example. Only bad thing about the process is they are very late in replying back, we have to catch up atleast twice to get to know whats going on.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Duty cycle, which I had no idea about. Asks about engine cycles etc. They will brutally kill you if you dont know your stuff. I thought it was hard but I also though I wouldnt get in at all with the average answers I gave. But I did.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation , they offered a good intern position and a competitive salary. But very late in offering and gives very less time to answer.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online, got a call from one of their talent scouts 3 hours later. They wanted some basic information - where do I go to school, when do I graduate, work sponsorship and so on. There was also a behavioral interview after that for around 30 mins. Standard questions, why do you want to work for Cummins, leadership experience etc.

The second round was with a senior manager at Cummins (the director of manufacturing excellence or something). He made me go through my resume completely. He tried to see whether I'd be a good fit to the company or not. It was more of a discussion rather than a "traditional interview". He asked me which areas I'd like to work on and explained what I might learn. The whole thing lasted for 45 mins. The experience was pleasant.

One tip I would give future candidates is to learn much about Cummins as possible before your interview. Check the requirements of the job, make sure you have all those qualifications. Explain why you'd be a good fit to Cummins to interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm still waiting on other offers. But I will mostly be taking this. The pay/benefits is pretty good. They sponsor for full time visa's as well.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

On campus interview. One engineer and one HR conducts it. Go through my resume and asked some behavioral questions

Employee Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2009.

Interview

Very intense process involving many hours on-site meeting with various people ranging from HR team members to line managers. Thought it was a little tacky since they had multiple candidates in on the same day and because of how things were set-up, you kept running into the other candidates that were walking with people you had met with earlier.

Questions varied in level of difficulty. Discussion with the Director was definitely geared toward past results and being able to quantify those results with a dollar value.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you personally have contributed to the bottom line of the organization.   1 Answer
    • What do you feel makes you the best candidate for this job?   1 Answer