Cummins

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Representative Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in July 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online. I got a call from a hiring manager about ten days later to schedule an on site interview. I was asked to complete several tests on a computer. Tests were on Microsoft Word, Excel, customer service, and finding proper part numbers from a standard "exploded" parts diagram. There was also a typing speed test (one minute timed test). After the tests were complete, I was shown into a conference room where they conducted a panel interview. The panel consisted of three supervisors, the department manager, and a representative from the HR department. All of them asked questions and the interview lasted about an hour. After the panel interview, I met alone with the HR representative, whom answered my questions about salary and benefits. I was then given a tour of the entire facility by one of the supervisors before I left. I got a call from the department manager the next day with a salary offer. I accepted the offer verbally, and got an offer in writing via email from the HR department later the same day. I was required to get a pre-employment physical and drug test. They also conducted a background and reference check.

Interview Question – The interview questions were mostly standard behavioral questions. They also asked about my direct experience with Cummins or other diesel products and what I knew about Cummins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the interview, the HR representative told me what the starting base salary is for this job. I told her how much I was looking for and she said she would let the hiring manager know. I was offered a salary about half way between the normal starting base and the amount I requested, and I accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an agency who set up the call with Cummins. The agency did no vetting other than reading my resume. They set up a call with Cummins, and then called me one other time to confirm the date and time. Other than that I didn't hear from them again until the process was over.

The process was composed of a single conference call with a handful of participants who asked me various questions about the kinds of projects I've handled and what my management style was like. It was a very "normal" interview with little deviation from the kinds of questions you encounter in every other interview.

I didn't hear anything back again for 3 months; then I was contacted and offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you handle projects where the team is spread across different timezones and countries?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really offered after we established the billing rate and benefits package when the agency called the first time. Do your homework on the asking rate. It is quite often published on the job sites in the descriptions and I found it to be a but higher than the one I agreed to.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins interview questions and advice in Nashville, TN. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.