Cummins Power Generation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014
Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.7

MBA Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation.

Shortlisted via online application followed by a phone interview. Internship offer came in a week

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in November 2010.

I received an email from the recruiter who asked me to fill out a questionnaire. I completed the questionnaire and received a call within a week to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was from the hiring manager who asked me standard interview questions. 3 days later he called me to set up a face to face interview. I had two panel interviews over about 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest contribution in your last role and what did you learn from the experience?   Answer Question
    I didn't need to the pay and benefits were great.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in July 2010.

There wasn't much of an interview. I was referred by an employee, brought in and asked a few questions about my schooling, and offered the position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in April 2010.

Had telephonic interview with the hiring manager

No negotiation

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in October 2008.

There was an on-campus interview at the university. I had two 1:1 interviews back to back. Both had behavioral type questions and situation based questions apart from questions from projects/work experience listed on the resume. It was a very casual interview and if you are calm you should be able to crack the interview.

Technical Sales Support Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cummins Power Generation in April 2014.

Basic HR Interview on Phone. It was about 20 minutes long. Basic Questions such as Why Cummins?, How would you fit in this role ? What are your current Responsibilities? Are you working independently ? Expected Salary?

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation.

No technical questions, only behavioral questions. Great hiring process.

No negotiation done.

Six Sigma Black Belt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation.

The process is simple and easy. Just go through the hiring manager and talked about some general easy questions. Took about 30 minutes.

Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in February 2012.

Interview process was a relaxed one. Had the directors interview me at the first round. They will concentrate on your resume and how well you sell yourself. Will see your Customer-handling competencies.

Interview Questions
    • Male-oriented job. As a female how will you cope up with intense traveling and male dominance   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cummins Power Generation in October 2011.

After campus selection for further rounds, had a phone interview but was told will have another one. Questions were very management based for an Engineering Position. But after doing an interview and going through a few more rounds of interviews, it took them 2 months to get back for another interview, which was horrible.

Interview Questions
    • Give an instance where you went against your manager/senior?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of where you were a leader of a team and how did you deal with people who had difference of opinions in the team? Give examples from your experiences   Answer Question

I was offered the job, but got another offer in the meanwhile. Since they were bad in the process of hiring and also I did not have a good experience with my internship since the day I joined they told me my position had changed and that they were not sure of my new manager. Which I felt was highly irresponsible and unprofessional knowing the fact that my initial hiring manager resigned 2 months before I started my internship