Cummins Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

I was referred to a position and had an initial, one hour in-person interview. After that, I was invited to the campus and spent a half day with more of the team. Each interview was pretty standard, and they did a good job of mixing up the behavioral and job-specific questions. All of the people involved in the process were very nice and professional.

I got an offer one month after starting the process.

Other Interview Reviews for Cummins

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins.

Interviewed with 3 individuals who read a script of questions

Interview Questions
    • None - All standard hypothetical questions relating to "tell me how you would handle XYZ" or "what would you do if" types of questions   View Answer
    Salary not negotiable

Project Manager Interview

Had about 9 one-on-one interviews. The lunch interview was with the Hiring Manager. All were professional management questions. None in any of the interviews were related to PM methodology or any technology.

Interview Questions
    • None really. If you have experience and understanding of PM processes, it easy to crack this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

Seemed to be a scripted process with questions overlapping from from the various participants.

Interview Questions
    Difficult to negotiable. The salary seemed to have already been fixed. In retrospect, the recruiter had indicated that he did not want to waste my time if I my requirements were outside of a certain dollar range. I incorrectly assumed a bit of flexibility in that statement .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in July 2011.

Interview consisted of an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed up with an in person interview with the hiring managers supervisor, because hiring manager was out of the country. Once the hiring manager returned to the US, a face to face interview was scheduled and conducted. All interviews were professional and highly detailed regarding the specific characteristics required for the job I interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • Position requires managing projects between Cummins and a key supplier and is managed through a global agreement, so questions related to skilss in managing diverse projects across cultures, companies and departments.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate on a limited scale, however wage offered was competitive with my previous salary and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

I was contacted by an agency who set up the call with Cummins. The agency did no vetting other than reading my resume. They set up a call with Cummins, and then called me one other time to confirm the date and time. Other than that I didn't hear from them again until the process was over.

The process was composed of a single conference call with a handful of participants who asked me various questions about the kinds of projects I've handled and what my management style was like. It was a very "normal" interview with little deviation from the kinds of questions you encounter in every other interview.

I didn't hear anything back again for 3 months; then I was contacted and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle projects where the team is spread across different timezones and countries?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was really offered after we established the billing rate and benefits package when the agency called the first time. Do your homework on the asking rate. It is quite often published on the job sites in the descriptions and I found it to be a but higher than the one I agreed to.