Cummins

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 3 individuals who read a script of questions

Interview Question – None - All standard hypothetical questions relating to "tell me how you would handle XYZ" or "what would you do if" types of questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary not negotiable

Interviewed at Cummins

Interview Details – Had about 9 one-on-one interviews. The lunch interview was with the Hiring Manager. All were professional management questions. None in any of the interviews were related to PM methodology or any technology.

Interview Question – None really. If you have experience and understanding of PM processes, it easy to crack this interview.   Answer Question

Columbus, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cummins in April 2012.

Interview Details – Seemed to be a scripted process with questions overlapping from from the various participants.

Interview Question – Preparation eliminated any difficulty   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult to negotiable. The salary seemed to have already been fixed. In retrospect, the recruiter had indicated that he did not want to waste my time if I my requirements were outside of a certain dollar range. I incorrectly assumed a bit of flexibility in that statement .

Nashville, TN

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins in February 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an agency who set up the call with Cummins. The agency did no vetting other than reading my resume. They set up a call with Cummins, and then called me one other time to confirm the date and time. Other than that I didn't hear from them again until the process was over.

The process was composed of a single conference call with a handful of participants who asked me various questions about the kinds of projects I've handled and what my management style was like. It was a very "normal" interview with little deviation from the kinds of questions you encounter in every other interview.

I didn't hear anything back again for 3 months; then I was contacted and offered the position.

Interview Question – How do you handle projects where the team is spread across different timezones and countries?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was really offered after we established the billing rate and benefits package when the agency called the first time. Do your homework on the asking rate. It is quite often published on the job sites in the descriptions and I found it to be a but higher than the one I agreed to.

Columbus, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Cummins in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. This was followed up with an in person interview with the hiring managers supervisor, because hiring manager was out of the country. Once the hiring manager returned to the US, a face to face interview was scheduled and conducted. All interviews were professional and highly detailed regarding the specific characteristics required for the job I interviewed for.

Interview Question – Position requires managing projects between Cummins and a key supplier and is managed through a global agreement, so questions related to skilss in managing diverse projects across cultures, companies and departments.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate on a limited scale, however wage offered was competitive with my previous salary and benefits.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cummins

Worked for Cummins? Contribute to the Community!

Cummins Videos

Cummins – Why Work for Us?

• Cummins Inc. is a global power leader that designs, manufactures, sells and services diesel engines and related technology globally. • We serve our customers through our network of 500 company-owned and independent… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cummins Project Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Cummins employees and interview candidates.