Cummins Turbo Technologies

Updated Nov 1, 2014
Updated Nov 1, 2014

2.8

Applied Mechanics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in January 2014.

Submitted my resume in September 2013 and got a phone call in January 2014 asking me if interested. I said Yes and received a first round behavior interview a few days later. In 2 weeks, I got another position related technical interview asking several questions about very specific problems. Finally received offer in another 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared for very specific and practical questions. (related to your background)   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies.

Phone Interview then Face to Face Interview with 3-5 people. They have a set of questions they must ask, situational questions, and give me a time where you did this or displayed this behavior.

Service Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in March 2010.

Initial communication after my application was a phone call. That was then followed by a phone interview. This interview was a behavioral interview. After this interview, I was charged with completing a set of engineering questions. These questions were geared towards turbochargers. I had to have knowledge of a PV-diagram for a turbocharged engine. After this question set came a second phone interview with several people on the line. This was approximately a week after the first phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • You are in a boat which is in the middle of a pond and you are holding a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the lake. Does the water level of the lake rise?   View Answers (5)
    Intern compensation is not negitiable

Industrial Placement Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies.

There were two rounds of interviews: telephone and face to face. Both were straight forward competency questions as well as your intentions of joining the company. Pretty straightforward process.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in April 2012.

The process is very amateur-ish. Interviews are pretty standard and questions alwaysrequired examples of tipical situations when you were under pressure, made a mistake, have to resolve a conflict etc The usual question of where do you see yourself in 5 years time and so forth. Process is lengthy although I hear it has improved. Once you are accepted there is a really good process rolled out to introduce you to the company.

Interview Questions
    • It was not so much a question but a critique of my previous employer used to test me on my reasons to seek a job elsewhere.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in April 2011.

One questionnaire to check basic aero and mechanical engineering knowledge, one phone interview again quite technical about the basic thermodynamics of a diesel engine and then a face to face interview outlining experience and going through a predefined problem solving presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation around a 7 step/G8D based problem solving techniques.   View Answer
    No negotiation, was just after/during the recession so they played hard ball and promised a review after a year (which did come).

Manager/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in February 2011.

Aptitude and technical test comprising of 30 question of each. Technical question covered a little about engine otherwise mostly basic engineering.. A HR interview of about 30 min and a little discussion about work profile...

Interview Questions
    • most challenging or innovative work or creative work done by you....   View Answer
    Campus Interview ..No negotiation...

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in June 2010.

One of my ex colleague referred my resume to HR and I got a call within one week of him referring. First they conducted a technical telephonic interview and then after 3 or 4 days they responded asking me to attend a face to face interview. The to and fro airfare was reimbursed. After conducting the interview, they confirmed the selection after a week or so and asked me to join within a month of my acceptance of offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was from a different background to the one I applied to a job for. Therefore, there was no questions related to the product. I was just asked general logical questions related to engineering and my previous work profile.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate much and had a hike of only about 10% mainly because I wanted to get out of my previous job (due to my existing location, I was hardly getting any traveling paid interview calls) and I thought not to spoil it by too much bargaining.

Manager Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in March 2010.

Cummins corporate office shortlisted my resume from naukri site. Then they forwarded to Indore office. From indore office HR person have called me & informed about date and time of interview. On first time interviewer did not came at right time. Again after 2 days HR person called me & gave new time. This time technical guy called me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about you.   View Answers (2)
    • you have worked in 4 companies just in 6 years experience. How will you justify this?   View Answer