Cummins Turbo Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Charleston, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

it was a smooth and informative process. all my questions were answered an i got the job offer in my hands. she told me when i will be starting an what to wear on my first few weeks of training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Applied Mechanics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies in January 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume in September 2013 and got a phone call in January 2014 asking me if interested. I said Yes and received a first round behavior interview a few days later. In 2 weeks, I got another position related technical interview asking several questions about very specific problems. Finally received offer in another 10 days.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for very specific and practical questions. (related to your background)   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladson, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Ladson, SC).

Interview

Phone Interview then Face to Face Interview with 3-5 people. They have a set of questions they must ask, situational questions, and give me a time where you did this or displayed this behavior.

Service Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Columbus, IN) in March 2010.

Interview

Initial communication after my application was a phone call. That was then followed by a phone interview. This interview was a behavioral interview. After this interview, I was charged with completing a set of engineering questions. These questions were geared towards turbochargers. I had to have knowledge of a PV-diagram for a turbocharged engine. After this question set came a second phone interview with several people on the line. This was approximately a week after the first phone interview.

Interview Questions

• You are in a boat which is in the middle of a pond and you are holding a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the lake. Does the water level of the lake rise?   5 Answers

Negotiation

Intern compensation is not negitiable

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Huddersfield, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview followed by group exercise. Staff are all very friendly so nothing to worry about. Group exercise looks at personal skills but also how to work as a team. Presentation at the end to describe what you have done. Usually in groups of about 4-6.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a turbocharger.   1 Answer

Industrial Placement Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies.

Interview

There were two rounds of interviews: telephone and face to face. Both were straight forward competency questions as well as your intentions of joining the company. Pretty straightforward process.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

The process is very amateur-ish. Interviews are pretty standard and questions alwaysrequired examples of tipical situations when you were under pressure, made a mistake, have to resolve a conflict etc The usual question of where do you see yourself in 5 years time and so forth. Process is lengthy although I hear it has improved. Once you are accepted there is a really good process rolled out to introduce you to the company.

Interview Questions

• It was not so much a question but a critique of my previous employer used to test me on my reasons to seek a job elsewhere.   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huddersfield, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Huddersfield, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

One questionnaire to check basic aero and mechanical engineering knowledge, one phone interview again quite technical about the basic thermodynamics of a diesel engine and then a face to face interview outlining experience and going through a predefined problem solving presentation.

Interview Questions

• Presentation around a 7 step/G8D based problem solving techniques.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, was just after/during the recession so they played hard ball and promised a review after a year (which did come).

Manager/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Calcutta (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Aptitude and technical test comprising of 30 question of each. Technical question covered a little about engine otherwise mostly basic engineering.. A HR interview of about 30 min and a little discussion about work profile...

Interview Questions

• most challenging or innovative work or creative work done by you....   1 Answer

Negotiation

Campus Interview ..No negotiation...

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cummins Turbo Technologies (Pune (India)) in June 2010.

Interview

One of my ex colleague referred my resume to HR and I got a call within one week of him referring. First they conducted a technical telephonic interview and then after 3 or 4 days they responded asking me to attend a face to face interview. The to and fro airfare was reimbursed. After conducting the interview, they confirmed the selection after a week or so and asked me to join within a month of my acceptance of offer.

Interview Questions

• I was from a different background to the one I applied to a job for. Therefore, there was no questions related to the product. I was just asked general logical questions related to engineering and my previous work profile.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate much and had a hike of only about 10% mainly because I wanted to get out of my previous job (due to my existing location, I was hardly getting any traveling paid interview calls) and I thought not to spoil it by too much bargaining.