Cumulus Media

3.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cumulus Media in September 2014.

I had three interviews at the Cumulus station in Little Rock, Arkansas. One of the interviews lasted from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. They seemed extremely nice and basically told me they were going to hire me, but after the 3rd interview with a corporate guy in Atlanta I never heard back from them. The entire process took three weeks and yet they could not even call me back to tell me I did not get the job after they led me to believe that I would be hired within the coming week. I even called to check in and they would not answer. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think will be the hardest thing for you to overcome if you were to get this job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cumulus Media

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cumulus Media.

Very unprofessional and informal interview process. Was contacted by the sales manager on LinkedIn and asked to meet for lunch. Discussed basic aspects of the job and set up a time to come in for a "real interview" one week later. The "real" interview consisted of a 5 minute personality test then 90 minutes of the sales manager trying to sell me on the job - not a single question about my skills or qualifications. Then I got an email (never spoke on the phone) to come back to so a mock sales presentation for the district manager. Did not send me any info on the situation until the night before the meeting after sending 2 emails. The same day I was asked standard interview questions then sent out on a sales call with a salesperson for an hour. I was told I would meet again with the sales manager to discuss salary information when I returned but he was out to lunch. I emailed him asking when he wanted me to return and never heard from him again. All in all, a very shady process and a huge waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied online – interviewed at Cumulus Media in May 2014.

First interview started with a lot of paperwork and two timed tests. After that I interviewed with the sales manager and it was a relaxed interview. The daily routine seems very regimented and micro managed especially for a commission only position. They will pay a small salary for the first year but you have too start without any accounts and build your own base during that time. The territory was fairly large and there was no compensation for your vehicle, gas or cell phone.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions except on the written test.   Answer Question

Commission only and absolutely no expense reimbursement.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cumulus Media in May 2014.

Very intricate. Over 6 total including, online 6 page in depth interrogation. Three in person interviews with manager. One Powerpoint and YouTube created interview for potential client.The process itself shows that a referral from an inside employee can certainly speed up the process to get to the point.

Interview Questions
    • How much business can you bring in 30 days and close.   View Answer
    AFter 6 interviews I showed my income and requirements. They came back one time with VP and General Manager put offer on the table, Take it or leave it-Final Offer. Very well done and executed.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cumulus Media.

It was a multistep process...
    First interview: You have to fill out a questionaire, take a cognitive test, and watch some videos.
    Second Interview: Go on a ride along with a current senior rep, and watch more corporate videos.
    Third Interview: This is a phone interview with corporate.

Nothing too hard in here, but you should be attentive.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you needed to be persistent.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Everyone has the same first year offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cumulus Media.

3 interviews. In-depth, intense, wanted to make sure I would "make the phone calls" for cold calling. (a huge part of the job) Promised bigger compensation and longer lasting guarantee than actually existed. Was hired to represent 5 radio stations and their websites. (After months of establishing relationships and contacts, was told we were going to one station per recent account executives and I would have to give up all my accounts not on that station.)

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to promise to make at least 50 prospecting phone calls a day?   View Answer
    Confusing and questionable. Very confusing and ever-changing, horrible benefits package. Very lacking HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Cumulus Media in April 2013.

Answered an ad on their web site by sending a cover letter and resume. Did not hear from them so after two weeks, I called the local station for an interview. Luckily the General Sales Mgr. was ready to interview and granted me the full process. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from him ever and later found out he had quit. still, never heard a word from them. I have followed up with them every month since then.

Interview Questions
    • Having to give a sales presentation to the sales Mgr. without any prior training..   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cumulus Media in December 2012.

Very thorough and the most unique process I've completed to get a job. They want to make sure you're a good fit with them, but they also are very straightforward with you regarding income, expectations, and potential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cumulus Media.

Long hiring process. Group interviews. Ride a longs with senior sellers. Qualitative test & math test, along with two week training, which results in 100 question test.

Interview Questions
    • Just show a passion for radio sales and you'll gather their attention.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Cumulus Media in October 2012.

First interview went very well. It consisted of a long discussion with the Sales Manager and the GM about the job and included a pop quiz, and probing psychological questions. I was asked to come back and spend time on the road with a seasoned account executive. He was a bit stuffy and apparently didn't like others riding with him so after making me wait for two hours, I was told to drive myself to meet him at a client location. Long, but all went well and afterwards, the Sales Manager essentially told me I had the job I just needed to answer a few questions by telephone with an HR manager. That interview went really well and I was fully expecting to have an offer but, suprisingly, I got a call from the initial interviewer, the Sales Manager, telling me that they want me to come into the office again, to meet with the GM, again, and the business manager. Reluctantly, as this was the fourth interview, I went. I spent another two hours and there was absolutely no substance to the interview. They had no other questions for me, expressed no other concerns, etc. but they seemed obsessed with asking me what questions I had for them and why I wanted the job which are all things I had already addressed in the previous three interviews. It turned out to be a huge waste of time. At this point, I now had about 12 hours interviewing with them and then I never heard back from them. They seem to have challenges in their interview process they need to work out.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions, analytical, behaviorial, brain-teasing questions. Nothing too complex.   Answer Question