Cumulus Media Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
49 interviews

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cumulus Media.

Drove over 100 miles for an interview that I thought went perfect. Discussed with the Marker Manager that I have been interviewed by this company in 3 different cities and that I have a deep passion for radio and that I was willing to do whatever it takes to gain the experience. He was more than sure about giving me a shot because of my drive. He gave me a test to take and invited me to come back and talk about a productions position the day after but wasn't able to. Faxed him the test back and sent him an email thanking him, and never heard from him again. Still emailing him back until this day.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you have went over and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media.

Very unprofessional and informal interview process. Was contacted by the sales manager on LinkedIn and asked to meet for lunch. Discussed basic aspects of the job and set up a time to come in for a "real interview" one week later. The "real" interview consisted of a 5 minute personality test then 90 minutes of the sales manager trying to sell me on the job - not a single question about my skills or qualifications. Then I got an email (never spoke on the phone) to come back to so a mock sales presentation for the district manager. Did not send me any info on the situation until the night before the meeting after sending 2 emails. The same day I was asked standard interview questions then sent out on a sales call with a salesperson for an hour. I was told I would meet again with the sales manager to discuss salary information when I returned but he was out to lunch. I emailed him asking when he wanted me to return and never heard from him again. All in all, a very shady process and a huge waste of time.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media in February 2012.

Required 3 or 4 different interviews including a phone interview with a guy in Atlanta that you'll never meet. I had a one-on-one interview locally, then I had a shadow day, then I had a long phone interview.

Sales Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Cumulus Media.

The hiring process was pretty lengthy. Two interviews, a test, a presentation and sit it on a sales meeting, and lastly, a third phone interview with the big guys in Atlanta. Though it was a long process, I really learned a lot just by sitting in on their weekly sales meeting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were given a no, but turned it into a yes.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media.

3 step process. First interview was pretty basic, normal questions. The second interview you spend the whole day there, meeting most of the sales staff, and going out on a few calls with them. You also have to do a presentation to the manager. Most of the day is spent waiting around to see what the next step is. The third interview is a phone interview with someone from HQ in Atlanta. The guy was rude and turned me off from the job completely. Telling me there is no base salary and because of my lacking experience I would make no money. Overall it is a big waste of time, just to find out there is no perks to the company, not even a base salary.

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cumulus Media in May 2014.

First interview started with a lot of paperwork and two timed tests. After that I interviewed with the sales manager and it was a relaxed interview. The daily routine seems very regimented and micro managed especially for a commission only position. They will pay a small salary for the first year but you have too start without any accounts and build your own base during that time. The territory was fairly large and there was no compensation for your vehicle, gas or cell phone.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions except on the written test.   Answer Question

Commission only and absolutely no expense reimbursement.

Promotions Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media in January 2010.

you come in for the initial interview. if that goes well they do call you back for perhaps as many as 2 to 3 more times. you meet with several of the bosses in the department you would be working in. it is a process that can take several weeks and then you have to wait for their decision

Interview Questions
    • where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you hope to achieve while working at Cumulus?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Cumulus Media in April 2013.

Answered an ad on their web site by sending a cover letter and resume. Did not hear from them so after two weeks, I called the local station for an interview. Luckily the General Sales Mgr. was ready to interview and granted me the full process. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from him ever and later found out he had quit. still, never heard a word from them. I have followed up with them every month since then.

Interview Questions
    • Having to give a sales presentation to the sales Mgr. without any prior training..   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media.

The interview process involves several stages and requires a personality test. The personality test evaluates how you deal with other people, in different situations and what type of personality you have. Control freaks highly regarded as sales people. Company expects sales people to manage accounts with authority.

No sales

Advertising Sales Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New London, CT
    Anonymous Employee in New London, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cumulus Media in September 2013.

The interview was relaxed and very enjoyable. Everyone was friendly and smiled. Parking was easily accessible and the location was not difficult to find in a small city I had not been to before.

Interview Questions
    • Having uncertainty whether they would be respectful and understanding of my time off listed on my resume for prioritizing my family after moving. They seemed understanding and were willing to see that I had potential with my live experience and maturity.   Answer Question

I was unable to work the hours they offered due to the nature of family. I only wish I could have taken them up on it if they could have offered with another schedule.

Worked for Cumulus Media? Contribute to the Community!