Cunningham Agency Interview Questions

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter asking me to call for an interview time. I was skeptical as I hadn't applied for the job and I didn't know what position they were hiring for (email contained very little information). I emailed back and asked for further information before committing to an interview and received an email back saying that would be discussed at the interview (again, skeptical), I wrote back with my availability and showed up. Upon arrival I was handed a questionnaire and excorted to a conference room with four or five other applicants. We were called out of the room one by one and taken to smaller offices where we spent 5-10 minutes answer questions about our resumes. I was then invited (let's use that term loosely) to attend an hour long presentation on the company. I had the time so I sat through the presentation about who they were, their history, their sales approach and their compensation schedule. Afterwards we (about 15 people) were asked to turn in a survey that had questions about what type of person we are (team oriented or lone wolf, organized or sporadic, etc) and whether we'd be interested in a third (??) interview. This was the first interview so I was confused as to why they referred to it as the "third" interview. They also asked that we email them with a short response as to why we would be better suited for the job than someone else. I wrote back while still sitting in my car (more out of curiosity than anything) and received a call for another interview the same day (within three hours of leaving). Per the conversation on the phone, this interview will be one-on-one with the owner and can last up to an hour. I have quite a few questions as they make this opportunity seem "too good to be true" and I'm trying to figure out what the catch is. Overall, everyone was pleasant it was very low pressure. If you need to practice dressing up for an interview and shaking hands, go ahead, but don't expect it to be more than that.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, I was surprised to see all of the personality type questions.   Answer Question

Benefits Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency.

Interview

The initial interview process was a joke. I came in and met with someone who gave me very little information, and I didn't even know their job title. He asked some behavioral questions (basically to make sure I'm not insane). After that, I immediately moved on to "part 2" of the interview process. I was escorted to a large room with about 50 seats. I was the first one there and had to wait for over an hour. While I waited, I filled out a personality assessment with very simple lifestyle questions. During my hour long wait, dub-step dance music was playing. After my wait, Cunningham and Weatherspoon came out to do a presentation on their company. They make it sound like your job will be very easy/simple and that you'll make six figures in the first year. If it was really that easy, more educated people would be vying for these spots. The majority of the other people in the "audience" looked unprofessional. In my opinion, a company should ask the interviewee to sell themselves. If you have to sell your company to the candidates, it's probably not a worthwhile company. If you have good education and experience, don't waste your time interviewing.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any worthwhile questions. The only question I had trouble with was "Would you like us to contact you about the position to move on to the next interview, yes or no. If no, why not." The only reason I had trouble with it was because there wasn't enough room to write all the reasons I didn't want to come back for another interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

This was the most unique interview process I've ever been involved. It shows that you are experiencing growth and other companies should follow suit with the way you conduct interviews. I really appreciate that I was able to come in and leave knowing if the position was for me. I'm really excited about joining this organization and contributing towards the growth your having!

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult at all. I was caught off guard when I arrived to see that I wasn't the only person being interviewed. This actually motivated me to separate myself from the other individuals and stand out. When I came back to the final interview I was the only person, so I did something right!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The process was 3 interviews and I never enjoyed my experience to potentially join an organization like I felt during my interviews.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Orange, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (West Orange, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

From the moment the speaker Began i knew it was a scam. It the same pyramid scheme that other legal but crooked companies try to get the working man with

Benefit Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency in May 2013.

Interview

The first interview was extremely long. You meet with the director then after a brief chat where you are asked behavioral questions, they have all the candidates sit down for a presentation of the company and the position itself. While you are there you are also asked to fill out a behavior assessment quiz.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2013.

Interview

was different and exciting

Interview Questions

• what am i looking to avoid in a career never really thought about   Answer Question

Servicing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was very open but still one-on-one and it was also quick and easy. I sat with a manager who asked questions not only about to the job but also my values as a person. The interview process is three steps and on the first day they tackle the first two. They do a wonderful job to keep the job description as real as possible but also emphasize the ability to grow within the agency. On the third interview I was just asked any questions about the job since I had time to think on it and even how my friends and family felt about it. It was a wonderful change of pace than typical job interviews I been to.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't difficult questions I was presented with. They were about my values which I feel strongly about and my job experience. I just answered honestly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the wonderful opportunity and I accepted.

Supervising Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2012.

Interview

The process was very pleasant and actually fun! The office has a great atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions, just getting to know the company and manager.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

Due to an expansion they held a "get to know us" session Saturday morning for several applicants. they gave us the history of the owners as well as the parent company. I specifically asked the recuiter if this was a sales position, and was told it was manager over sales, but according to the presentation, it was a sales position. They had everyone fill out a personality profile and then they would call Monday to set up intrerviews for Tuesday. We were told if they offered us a position, we would be expected to sign up for licensing pre-test prep classes at the cost of $200.00 up front the same day. This was not what I was told it was, I was very disapointed.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared to do what most won't in order to make a six figure income?   1 Answer

Supervising Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cunningham Agency (Fishers, IN) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted on my resume that I had posted on Monster.com. I was living in Lafayette at the time and the position was to be in Fishers. I was in dire need of a new career and the Cunningham-Weatherspoon agency was a rather promising opportunity. I went through three interview promises in which I grilled the management team with my insistent questioning, to which they answered very well they were very honest and open with me the entire time maybe even a little too much. I overall found the company to be everything they claimed to be, a company in which hoesty and integrity are held to the highest regard. I found the company very professional, caring, and a pleasure everytime I was invited back for an interveiw.

Interview Questions

• I found all questions that they asked me to be rather easy as I was well prepared for them. I don't know that the management staff can say the same in regards to my questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was rather simple the manager asked me a few questions I had mine as well, upon all of our questions being answered satisfactorily I was welcomed to the company.