Cuny Research Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

1.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Applied online within a week got an email for an interview. Meet with 5 people including the director. We all chatted happily and I thought everything was going well but nothing. Didn't hear back and no offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I was recommended by one of the directors, I was involved one of their programs, I got a called from them if I interested in a data analysis positions. I had short phone interview and I was emailed to set up an appointment with one of the directors. The interview went well and with-in 2 days I got confirmation that I am hired

Interview Questions
    • It was easy, mostly common sense questions and some problem-solving questions   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Was screened for HRA-Dept of social service, NYC agency. Director of online documentation and production and the project manager of IT took the interview. Was asked about my old experiences, what do I know about HRA, how can I contribute and so on. Interviewer were explaining about the business process and the responsibilities of the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are the technologies I know. Explanation about projects I had done.   Answer Question
    None

IT ASSISTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation in April 2014.

My professor contact me for the internship. He assigned a guy (who is the team member of his lab) to test my skills, and then talk with me for a while, That's the roughly interview process I think.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation.

A hiring manager calls you and asks you if you are interested in the position and he/she gives you the upcoming training schedule and interview date. At the interview appointment you conduct a basic interview and you also take an easy 20-30 minute test just to make sure you know how to use a computer to search for easy-to-find information.

Interview Questions
    • This is a very easy interview. Just explain why you are interested in working at 3-1-1 despite having to deal with rude callers and answer other common interview questions. The interview is a cake walk as long as you are not a dummy or psychopath.   Answer Question
    As a part-time employee your pay is not negotiable and they can easily hire someone else who will accept the position for that pay. What is negotiable is your schedule. You just need to work 18 hours a week (usually three 6-hour shifts) and can pick 15-18 different schedules from a list.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation.

Normally 3 or more interviews with multiple people. Initial interview with HR over the phone, then a group interview with lower level management to review your skills. Final interview is with upper level management. Overall it's an easy process but it can take a long time to get through. Also, familiarize yourself with the CUNY union so you can negotiate salary steps. They will try to low ball you every time.

Technical Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation in June 2013.

First, you have a phone interview with the intern manager. Then, you come in for a group orientation and interview where they test your IT knowledge by responding to simple scenarios and questions. Once you've passed the 2 phases of the interview you're called in to the headquarters to fill out your paperwork. As simple as 1,2,3!

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation in June 2013.

My interview was very brief - initially I was brought on as a research and communications intern, and the guy who interviewed me (with whom I currently work very closely) mostly wanted to get some more information on my knowledge of the subject, research skills, experience with publishing and editing, and if I had any programming skills. Afterward, I left, and a few days later received an e-mail from him, saying that they would like to bring me on board, and to come back to the office to meet the deputy director and pick up some literature to orient me with the center's mission. I did so, it was great, I filled out a very long employment packet, and because I was an intern they never turned it in (until I later got hired on part-time). The people in my particular center were very helpful insofar as they suggested I seek work study compensation for my efforts. When I was officially hired the process was a little muddled (I had previously been hired as part of another RFCUNY project, which was painless), but the issues were quickly resolved. Since, I have had no issues with being paid or anything that is run directly by RFCUNY and not my specific office.

Interview Questions
    • Rather not answer this, because it will identify my particular office, which is not my intention here, as it is irrelevant to the RFCUNY review.   Answer Question
    I was hired on as an intern, there were no negations. When I came on part-time, I had approached my boss and asked if they could work me into the budget. She called me back a few days later, told me what she had worked out, and I accepted. There was no way I was gonna "negotiate" and possibly decline.

Intern Interview

Interviewed by a Borough NOC technician and his assistant. They asked your background in IT and the skills you possess.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cuny Research Foundation in April 2012.

I applied online and a week or two later was contacted by RFCUNY. She scheduled a 10 minute phone interview with me which consisted of four people asking me one question each. Later that day she called me to let me know I had moved on to an on-site interview. I went in about a week later for a panel interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. There were no curveball questions, only questions about my skill as a researcher. Several days after that, my contact informed me that they wanted me to come back to the office for a writing exercise, which we scheduled for several days later. In the meantime, another person from the office called me to tell me that my original contact no longer worked for the University. That person would have been my supervisor. I still went in to take the writing test, and I also interviewed for about 30 minutes with another person I had not met before. A week after that interview I received a generic auto email telling me I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your experiences with each stage of the research process?   Answer Question