Currys

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor Interview

Sales Advisor
Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Currys in July 2013.

Interview Details – I saw the online advert and promptly applied for the role. One month had passed and i had no answer at all to my application, as the status of it remained in progress. I've decided to send an email regarding the situation which ended up generating a phone interview from a manager few days later. The phone interview went so well that the manager invited me to a 1:1 interview in store. I've met with the manager and he led me to his office. We've had a extraordinarily good conversation that lasted for more than one hour, where we've really talked about a bit of everything, from professional to personal, we had a few laughs too. I've had a role-play test in store and was introduced to some of the staff. I've listened to some tips about sales, i was told about the training process and about the company's career plan and wage progression. My documents were digitalised too. By the last half of the interview it was becoming clear that i would be hired, or at least there was a high probability of getting hired, which didn't happened, and my application remains in process to this day. I've never heard a thing from them since that day. I've sent another e-mail and even tried to contact the manager that was responsible for the interview, but in both cases, unsuccessfully.

Interview Question – There wasn't any real hard questions, if you've got experience in customer service/retail and as a team-player.   View Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Currys in November 2011.

Interview Details – Submit your CV either online or in person.
Your CV will get reviewed and if successful you will be called for a interview with a manager.
On the interview you will have to pass two exams. A basic math test (around 5 questions) and an English test (if the applicant is foreign) after these exams you will be then asked a few questions based on experience, personal hobbies and what can you bring to the company.

Interview Question – What can you bring new to the company?   Answer Question

Sales Colleague Interview

Sales Colleague

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Currys.

Interview Details – Handed in CV in store and was called for an interview with a colleague and the deputy manager. Relaxed environment, standard expected questions, an easy questionnaire related to analytical skills etc.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation,standard base pay of the company + bonus offered

Operations Team Leader Interview

Operations Team Leader
Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Currys in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1:2 interview. In depth questions on company goals and vision.

Interview Question – What is the Customer Plan?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation.

Sales Colleague Interview

Sales Colleague

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Currys in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was looking for a part time job and was giving CV's everywhere. I got an interview call from Currys store manager.

Interview was a take by 2 people (Manager and senior store staff). Even though it was a part time position a lot of was asked from general questions about education and previous experience and then how would I relate my academic and professional experience to the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Well, my situation was just like beggars are not choosers so I had to accept the offer although the initial offer was for working very few hours.

I would advice the students to get such type of retail work experience particularly business and management students.

Worked for Currys? Contribute to the Community!