Currys Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.8

Sales Colleague Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Currys.

normal 1 to 1 interview with manager, not too complicated. standard percentage questions. just be yourself and all will be good. Try to show your interests for why you would like to work there.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Currys in January 2014.

Applied online and received call from the hiring manager a few days later where a brief phone interview was held over the phone. I was asked basic questions, and was then invited for an interview at the store. The interview atmosphere was very casual, and at the end of the interview the manager told me that she will inform me by the end of the day if they are hiring me.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are very straight-forward interview questions. If you have worked in the retail/sales industry before then it would be easy to answer.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Weymouth, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Currys in July 2013.

I saw the online advert and promptly applied for the role. One month had passed and i had no answer at all to my application, as the status of it remained in progress. I've decided to send an email regarding the situation which ended up generating a phone interview from a manager few days later. The phone interview went so well that the manager invited me to a 1:1 interview in store. I've met with the manager and he led me to his office. We've had a extraordinarily good conversation that lasted for more than one hour, where we've really talked about a bit of everything, from professional to personal, we had a few laughs too. I've had a role-play test in store and was introduced to some of the staff. I've listened to some tips about sales, i was told about the training process and about the company's career plan and wage progression. My documents were digitalised too. By the last half of the interview it was becoming clear that i would be hired, or at least there was a high probability of getting hired, which didn't happened, and my application remains in process to this day. I've never heard a thing from them since that day. I've sent another e-mail and even tried to contact the manager that was responsible for the interview, but in both cases, unsuccessfully.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any real hard questions, if you've got experience in customer service/retail and as a team-player.   View Answer

Sales Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Currys in May 2013.

Hirirng and interview process is very simple and similar like other companies they will review your c v then then i call for an interview and ask you scenario base questions and rate from bad to excellent and they will also assess you on floor

Interview Questions
    • the questions are easy and understand all questions are related to customer service and sales of course this an sales role if you dont know how to tackle the situation or how to deak with customer its not for you   Answer Question

Sales Colleague Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Currys.

Handed in CV in store and was called for an interview with a colleague and the deputy manager. Relaxed environment, standard expected questions, an easy questionnaire related to analytical skills etc.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation,standard base pay of the company + bonus offered

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Currys in November 2011.

Submit your CV either online or in person.
    Your CV will get reviewed and if successful you will be called for a interview with a manager.
    On the interview you will have to pass two exams. A basic math test (around 5 questions) and an English test (if the applicant is foreign) after these exams you will be then asked a few questions based on experience, personal hobbies and what can you bring to the company.

Operations Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Currys in August 2011.

1:2 interview. In depth questions on company goals and vision.

Interview Questions
    Little room for negotiation.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chester, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Currys in March 2010.

Online application with personality test followed by impress me in 5 minutes type interview involving awkward questioning and roleplay and then job offer over the phone if you ticked all the boxes

Interview Questions
    no negotiation been offered minimum

Sales Colleague Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Currys in May 2009.

I was looking for a part time job and was giving CV's everywhere. I got an interview call from Currys store manager.

Interview was a take by 2 people (Manager and senior store staff). Even though it was a part time position a lot of was asked from general questions about education and previous experience and then how would I relate my academic and professional experience to the job.

Interview Questions
    Well, my situation was just like beggars are not choosers so I had to accept the offer although the initial offer was for working very few hours.

I would advice the students to get such type of retail work experience particularly business and management students.