Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions

Quality Assurance Inspector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Littleton, MA).

Interview

It was very detailed in the position I applied for. The supervisor was very knowledgeable and made me relax. I was able to answer the questions with ease. The other supervisors I was introduced to made me feel like I already worked there.

Interview Questions

• What could I contribte to the Quality Department in order for them to consider hiring me.   Answer Question

Hardware Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening type interview, HR asked about previous employment details, background, and how it pertained to skills and experience requirements as listed in job ad. Next interviews were in-person, 2 sets of interviews each with team lead and another designer. All technical questions on high speed board design and layout, power system design, decoupling, vias, crosstalk, stackup, etc. Invited for 2nd interview, and advised about salary range for position. Declined since salary range was below expectations.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed like they were taken from "High Speed Digital Design" (Johnson) or "Signal Integrity Issues and Printed Circuit Board Design" (Brooks).   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions.

Interview

Normal inverview, called 5 minutes late, talked about postion, asked questions about resume then some easy technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What does volatiile/static mean?   Answer Question
    • How can you check if the stack is growing or shrinking (without dis-assembly or tools)? (C)   1 Answer
    • What is the main difference between an RTOS and a normal OS?   1 Answer

Told them on the spot that I have a better offer.

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanata, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions (Kanata, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There was a single interview as is normal for co-op jobs. The interviewer began by asking about my experience and further questions were based off of that. After that the interviewer explained the positions and we had a chat about the company culture and the responsibilities.