Curtiss-Wright Controls Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Curtiss-Wright Controls

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Ashburn, VA) in January 2013.

Interview

Very good. I enjoyed every bit of the process. It was very well organized and highly intellectual. It was one of the interviews where, even if I didn't get the job, I would have walked away with the confidence that I had a mind blowing, self satisfying interview. Because, at that stage, no one ever knows what the odds or because, no clue what the competition was. The entire process took about 3 to 4 hours. I spoke to about 5 people. Two (would be) team mates who were software engineers. A manager (came to know later that he was not my hiring manager) and other two engineers from a different project.

Interview Questions

• Everything from people management, team play to technical question related to hardware, RTOS, C, assembly, troubleshooting.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Curtiss-Wright Controls

Senior Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Controls (Ashburn, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Company recruiter did initial screening over phone, Project manager spoke over the phone, a detailed one. Lasted for about an hr. Mainly spoke about my work so far. Me against four engineers plus the project manager who was in and out. Good test for communication & how truthful one is on the resume. Lasted for half the day.

Interview Questions

• How will you let go a sub ordinate if you do not like the person even though he/she is a good engineer?   Answer Question

Got a good offer with good benefits package. From some highly reliable sources came to know that the work ethics are very poor. Heard very bad & tricky things about how projects are handled. Not a place for innovation & ideas. (Reminds me of that ad in the post.)