Curtiss-Wright Flow Control Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

I got hired through an agency as a contractor for duration of six months, I did a phone interview from the agency, the guy asked me about my experiences on software and controllers, no technical questions, and then I had another phone interview from the company, the manager did an interview, and he just asked me about my previous experiences on embedded software at school.

Interview Questions
    • explaining one of my software embedded projects at school   Answer Question

Electro-Mechanical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in December 2012.

contacted by human resources, set up interview with production manager and shop foreman. Interview went well following background check and drug test, I was made an offer of which I accepted. was put to work immediately.

Interview Questions
    • How much depth did I have as far as hydraulic knowledge, limited do to fact that I worked pneumatic equipment and low voltage controls   Answer Question
    professional and diligent

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Brecksville, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control.

I had a very good phone interview, which included 3 people -- 2 were managers, and 1 was an HR rep. Questions were a little tough but still fair, I handled them well, and the managers said that they would invite me to an in-person interview. So the phone interview was successful. However, after a week or so of no response, I attempted to reach (by phone) the HR rep to follow up about the in-person interview that I was promised. I never did get a return call. This is disappointing, because I have no idea what happened. I explained all this on a voicemail to the HR rep, but still no response, it is as if they changed their minds and didn't want to inform me. I feel this is unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the usual kind an engineer would be asked, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Electrical Assembly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in August 2010.

I was contacted by a Staffing Services and asked to interview for a position with the company. I was sent for a drug test prior to my formal interview. I showed up for my interview and showed some hesitance as the job description was vague, interviewer was rude and the necessary skills were minimal. I declined the position at the interview however I was contacted the next day asking me to just give it a day or two as they had already paid for drug testing. After a few hours of deliberation I decided to go to work.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to identify basic electrical components and wire gauges as printed on a electrical schematic? (example provided)   Answer Question
    They office a rate, you take it or walk. Nothing more

Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in June 2009.

HR rep, emailed me about expressing their interest in me. Wanted to bring me in onsite for a 1 day interview, which was fine, because the site is not very far from my house. First met with HR rep, who proceeded to sit me down with the hiring manager. Spent maybe 1 hour talking about what I do, and stuff on my resume. Felt pretty good talking to him. Then spent 15 min interviewing with the Software Eng Manager, and just wanted to know my background. In all, not many skills questions was asked.
    Was not impressed with the size of the company, environment seemed awfully cramped. Secretly, glad was not offered the position due to those comments.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in April 2009.

Referred by a recruiter to interview for EA position working with 2 VPs, Recruiter tested my MS Office skills and did a preliminary screening first. Met with both VPs on the same day. Was told that I would be notified within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    There was little negotiation as I was told that the salary was set.

Quality Manager Interview

HR performed the initial phone screen. It covered the basics - Who are you? What have you done? How do you operate? Can you speak semi-intelligently?
    Hiring manager performed the secondary phone screen. What would you do in this position? How do you operate in these past experiences? Behavioral interviewing 101.
    Hiring manager, other managers & employees performed the on-site interview. Tour of the facility, multiple people asking about past, current and future work.

Interview Questions
    • "We have an old culture with employees who are set in their ways. How would you address someone who is easily agitated?'   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in November 2010.

Phone interview, followed by in person interview

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control in January 2008.

The process was relatively simple. I met with a company representative who assessed my fit with the company. While I had decent credentials, I did not get the feeling they were enthused about me.