Curves International

1.8

Franchise Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Curves International.

I met with the representative for the location I was interested in and filled out my application

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in opening a Curves franchise?   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Just documents to sign committing myself to fulfill the Franchise agreement.

Wellness Coach Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Curves International.

I walked in impromtu with my resume, since the Curves I wa working at was closing for good. Spoke to the owner and we hit it off very well. She saw that I had a lot of valuable experience with Curves already and she wanted to hire me and did.

Interview Questions
    • In this situation there realy\ly were no difficult questions, just going over my work experience and routine at my other club.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Just told me what they pay.

Circuit Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Lyon, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Curves International in February 2014.

It took one + month.

There was none. The owner was mostly MIA.

Owner/Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Curves International.

The process to purchase a franchise is quite in depth and requires an application with job history and financial qualifications. A letter that outlines your passion for why you want to be an owner within the organization is asked for as well. Although, it is in depth, it is simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions asked about the existing club I was purchasing that I hadn't thought of yet. I was glad to have that feedback to move forward with.   Answer Question
    The negotiation was more along the lines of making sure I was ready to own the business and run it. Time for them to get their ducks in a row, and time for me to get all my systems into place.

President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olney, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Curves International in June 2012.

Pretty straight forward. May take her one way but she a teddy bear

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adamsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adamsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Curves International in November 2010.

for the interview you have to memorize a phone script and then say it as if the interviewer were a perosn calling inquiring about the gym. also, you must know and demonstrate how to properly use the equipment as well knowing all of the muslces each maching works.

Interview Questions
    • tell me what muscle(s) or muslce(s) group this machine utilizes and strengthens   Answer Question
    somewhat negotiable. you could choose between minimum wage or .25 cents below min, wage + commision

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Curves International in August 2010.

Friendly, and non-threatening. If you know your muscle groups and have training experience, this is a dream job. Workout is pre-planned and set in stone. Business theory is excellent. The training process teaches you everything you need to know. Their processes are exact. There is a bit of memorization and a lot of reading at the beginning. After you're Curves educated, the job is a dream.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I took the per hour rate offered.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied in-person – interviewed at Curves International in September 2009.

Easy, short talked a bit. Mostly about hours I could work.

easy

Fitness Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Curves International in November 2012.

I was unemployed and my friend told me that Curves was hiring for casual work (my friend has worked there before). I brought in the resume to Curves based on her recommendation. I wrote down my availability. I got a call to schedule an interview. Very simple interview! The employer basically answered all the questions himself (lol) :)

Interview Questions
    • Are you open about going into the circuit to engage with the members and to become a person of motivation? Are you comfortable with being center of attention?   View Answer
    They just stated that my wage was going to be $10.25

Circuit Coach Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Curves International in March 2012.

reveiwed previous experience and asked me why I should be hired

there was no negotiation