Cushman & Wakefield Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (New York, NY).

Interview

Polished and professional. A conversation and not an interrogation. Position and role were laid out as were challenges being faced. Discussed what the goals were short and long term and how the role fit into the organization. Dynamic organization with room to grow. As this position was to manage a Client's facilities, there were two interviews with the Client's executives. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you successfully manage and gain the respect of subordinates who expected to get the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Positive with reasonable adjustments made.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

One brief interview with HR and director of department. They were both very casual and asked easy questions. I felt they wanted to make sure this internship was going to benefit me just as much as it would benefit them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield.

Interview

My interview process was as follows and took approximately 2 weeks:
    -Applied though company's website
    -Contacted by recruiter by e-mail
    -Completed Excel online test upon recruiter's request
    -Interviewed by the Operations Manager
    -Interviewed by the Senior Project Manager for a certain account
    -Interviewed by the Account Executive (third party)
    -Asked to submit a background check and drug test by HR coordinator
    -Interviewed by the Regional APM's Manager (third party)
    -Contacted by recruiter to say that I didn't get a job due to more qualified applicants
    Overall a positive experience, with prompt communication from the company.

Interview Questions

• All questions were expected, mostly behavioral and/or related to previous work experience   Answer Question

Marketing Research Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield in June 2014.

Interview

I found an email address for someone in HR on their website. I reached out and inquired about internship openings. He replied back the same day and passed my resume along to the head of the department where I would be interning. About two weeks later, I interviewed with the head of the department and the HR member I had emailed. They told me at the end of the interview they would make a decision within two weeks, and two weeks later I received an email offer.

Interview Questions

• What area of commercial real estate do you ultimately want to work in and why?
      (They asked several follow up questions and wanted to see how much I knew about the industry)

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The hourly rate was listed in the offer email.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position and was surprised that the hiring manager reached out to me directly. I like the fact that they didn't engage a recruiter. Most recruiters no nothing about the details of the skillset required to do the job and can never answer specific questions. Dealing directly with the hiring manager, made it more of a personable experience.

I liked the atmosphere and the culture appeared pleasant. We went back and forth with salary negotiations and could not meet what I was asking, so they ended up going with someone else. I really wished it could have worked out, it would have been a great fit!

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult experience you been in and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (Boston, MA).

Interview

Initial phone interview verified credentials
    First interview at Boston Office was positive, senior staff and office management were easy to talk with
    Questions included broad range of how would you handle or address a situation.
    Second interview expanded on first with specific examples of my accomplishments, experience, behavioral type questions and in depth review of work experience.

Brokerage Associate Interview

Interview

Met with managing director and he was easy to talk with and very helpful. I am a young broker so it was more of an information interview to see if I would want to work there down the road. I knew I wasn't fully qualified so he gave me some helpful advice about what I need to do if I want to work there in the future.

Interview Questions

• He wanted to know my exact numbers - how many cold calls, success rate, etc.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cushman & Wakefield in May 2014.

Interview

I found the job posting online and applied through the Cushman and Wakefield website. About 3 weeks after I applied I received an email from the head of the department asking me to come in for an interview. I interviewed with 2 people - both on whom worked in the department. The questions were fairly straight forward, mainly asking about my resume and skill set. After that I asked them a few questions about their roles and the company. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question that I got during my interview was "If I turned to my co-worker two weeks after hiring you and said 'wow she's really good at this' what would that thing to be?"   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (New York, NY).

Interview

So here's the deal... Cushman and Wakefield seems to only offer one position ( 1 Job) and that's the property manager position at 600 West 165th Street. They will interview you 4-5 times ( why- who truly knows why)

Interview Questions

• If you truly worked in property management you will be okay with the questions but keep this question in mind.... How much does a new boiler cost? This question was posed to me by the client who was the last and final interviewer and so far I was advised I had the job via vocal conversations and emails but the client came late to the interview and he was arrogant, which is fine if that's what you would be to someone or someone who was advised to you we would like to offer her the job.... He asked me how much does a boiler cost? I have never had to purchase one as I advised him so I stated I can research that answer and get back to you, that was not good enough for him he said guess, I said a used one can be any where between $35-50,000 I'm sure a new one would be in the $ 100,000 and better... But I rather not make assumptions... After all of the interviewing and meeting people going over some of the same questions spending your little money to run back and forth with hope that you are getting the job and the C & W team wanted me and the client did not so I did not get the job. I was devastated and hurt. Side bar: the client mentioned you know must of our supers are Puerto Rican or Spanish is that okay for you.... I was shocked he mentioned this as I have been in this industry for over 10 years and I have had white, supers, black supers, Spanish supers all types so it did not matter in terms of race the only thing that should matter is how I mange my team... This client has had this posting up since October 2013 and trying to fill this position good luck if you accept this job...   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cushman & Wakefield (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online in the morning, and later that afternoon I revived a phone call from their HR team. It's like a screen phone call, asked some questions about Excel experiences and what's my Salary expectation, Then the second day I received a call from the same woman who called me before, said I was scheduled an interview with a hiring manager two days later, and she will send me an email to confirm that. I never received that email, I called her asked about that, and she never called me back. Anyway, I got a call from the hiring manager two days later, he said he needed to postpone this interview a few hours, I said OK. Finally I did the interview and it was really wired. The guy who interviewed me never introduced himself , he talked about a project they are doing and asked me my project experience. He sounded like very tired and inpatient. After that I never heard from them, during the whole process I even didn't receive an email.