Custom Decorators

Custom Decorators Interview Questions

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Custom Decorators

IT Department Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Custom Decorators.

Was interviewed first by the hiring manager, then by the CFO to whom he reported. The atmosphere was casual but professional, as was the dress code. The interview was friendly but thorough. There was a background check, as well as a drug test, which is taken seriously. I've witnessed at least one person being let go when her background check later failed after 2 years with the company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating salary, time off, or any other benefits. However, since then, I'm told the newer management is more flexible.

Field Marketing Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Custom Decorators in April 2011.

I first got a call from HR expressing their interest in wanting to interview me. We set up a time and date and I had my first phone interview. It was about 45 minutes long with pretty basic interview questions. Since this was a company based in Portland, Oregon, all interviews were done over the phone. After the first interview, they said they would call back within a week. They did and offered me the position and told me when to start. Pretty easy and straight forward interview. If you just be yourself, you should be able able to get the job easy.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Custom Decorators in August 2010.

Very straight-forward process. No gotcha moments. Basically, the hiring manager will be thorough enough to see that you are qualified and cut out for the work. Due to the remote locations between management and applicants, it may be a series of phone interviews.

Installation Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Custom Decorators in March 2011.

Hiring process took more that 3 months which included an initial interview direct report, a follow up panel interview with the department staff, an additional follow up interview with selected Senior "Executive Committee members, an second interview with direct report and final interview with the Company president.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions, it was if they could not make a decission or potentiall were afraid aof making a decission that did not align with the thoughts of others.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the offer was what I had asked for.