CustomInk

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager: Online Experience Interview

Product Manager: Online Experience

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview Details – I only had one phone interview with CustomInk. They seem like a great company and to really care about their employees, so I was excited about the interview. I couldn't hear the interviewer due to all of the background noise (which he mentioned is because of the open environment). His phone lost connection a couple of times and it became a distraction. He also seemed to fixate on why I was wanted to leave my company (even after I gave a valid response). Finally, the interviewer strongly insisted that I give an exact dollar amount of salary that I currently receive. I initially gave a range and he insisted on an exact amount. This is a difficult question for me since my salary changes year to year. He just seemed to focus on odd details instead of asking me about project experience, technical knowledge or giving me information about how the role is important to the company.

I didn't hear back, which is good with me. I'm not sure I want to work for a company where it's acceptable to be so harsh in a phone interview.

Interview Question – " I need to know the exact amount of salary you received last year..."   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CustomInk in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and I received an email the next day that requested I use a webcam to complete the second step of the interview. Since I do not have a functioning webcam, I requested a telephone interview instead. CustomInk was happy to comply with my request. The phone interview was easy; they want to make sure that you are aware of the company's core values and that you will be a good fit. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following day.
When I arrived for my interview, I received a warm greeting from the receptionist, and was made to feel welcome. I was taken on a tour of the facility, and was encouraged to ask questions. After that came the testing: a simple basic math quiz, designing two shirts, and responding to a customer email request. When those were completed, I had a face-to-face interview with two managers. They were very friendly and enthusiastic; they explained the job requirements, training process, pay structure, benefits, etc. very thoroughly and were happy to answer my questions. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to shadow an employee and again, I was encouraged to ask questions.
Overall this interview process was very relaxed; there were also some fun moments. I felt it ran too long; I was told to expect 2-3 hours, but I was there for 5. There is good reason why positions at CustomInk are highly sought after; expect lots of competition.
Although this was a very positive experience, I would like to note that I did not see any older workers at this facility.

Interview Question – Please explain how you have applied the "Golden Rule" to a previous job experience.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CustomInk in January 2013.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview, then it was followed by two face to face interviews, a test on Adobe Illustrator, an aesthetics test, and it ended in shadowing someone already in the role.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you receive negative feedback at work, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CustomInk in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took a while to get through but you can tell it is to test how much you really want to work for them. After being accepted from the application phase, you go through a phone interview that is scheduled through e-mail. During the phone interview they ask you basic questions about your experience and start to see what kind of personality you have over the phone. They are also looking to see what kind of experience you have with the 3 core beliefs they follow (start doing research on what these are if you haven't already). If you leave a good enough impression by the end of the interview, you will be asked to complete an artist test that will be e-mailed to you. You will not only be tested on if you can use Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, but also if you can meet or exceed the time restraints on completing the task and getting it back to them. (Are you skilled enough and can you use these programs well enough to complete the task?). If the test results look good enough, then you will get a phone call to schedule a face to face interview which could last up to 4 hours so be prepared.

In that face to face, you will have a lengthy interview, will be tested on your proofing skills (you only get 1 hour), They then take you to an empty mac computer and have you take another artist test to see if you know the in's and out's of Illustrator. Finally they have you shadow someone for a while to get a feel for the day to day job. Don't forget that this entire time you are still being interviewed, but they expect you to be yourself. Finally you are escorted out and told that you will be notified once interviews are completed. The interviews may last for several weeks and so you may be waiting longer if you were one of the first to be interviewed. You will either get an e-mail or a phone call. So expect one or the other.

Interview Question – A lot of questions that look to see if you have experience with the 3 core values they have. (Do your research)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't get to negotiate. Take it or leave it, but don't worry to much. You get many chances to increase your commission pay based on performance.

Satisfaction Assurance Interview

Satisfaction Assurance

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview Details – Saw a job referral on my LinkedIn account from one of my connections who currently works there and applied online at the Customink website. Application was super simple, highly suggest adding a resume. The next day received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. Pretty simple phone screen, asked about previous work experience and was asked to give a rundown of the position I was applying for in my own words. Got an invite for a face to face interview. They tell you it's gonna last about 3 hours but mine lasted for 4 so be prepared. They give you a tour first thing and then a panel interview. They ask pretty standard questions relating to previous work experience and how you can make use of it for the company. Then they have you do a test where you are to respond to a "customer" regarding their shirt submission. Keep in mind this is a customer service role so this is where you should let those skills shine. Afterwards was a test to see if you have an eye for detail, spot the difference, what's wrong with this picture kind of stuff. Finally was a one on one w the manager from corporate. Similar to the panel interview but a little more in depth. Then they give you a rundown of benies and wages and then you play the waiting game. Takes about 2 weeks all together.

Interview Question – Tell me of a time when you took a risk and how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Logistics Associate Interview

Logistics Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview Details – It was a quick process. I applied online and received a phone screening that same day. They brought me in the following day for an in-person interview. I was told that casual casual was fine, but I went with business casual just in case. I interviewed with three people, shadowed another Logistics Associate for about a half hour, and was told I'd hear back by the end of the week. Sure enough, that Friday afternoon, I received an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me how you manage several tasks at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. Was given a decent base salary, plus the breakdown for Performance Based Earnings, which is where the real (easy) money is. Do your job, and you get more money every pay period.

Sales/Service Representative Interview

Sales/Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview Details – It is extensive with phone interview, face to face interview, different tests, etc. Interview was over 3 hours.

Interview Question – They asked for lots of examples of work situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Sales & Service Representative
Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CustomInk in February 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a telephone interview with a recruiter and she scheduled a face to face interview a few days later. I was not given a name of who I would be interviewing with, rather told that whomever helped me would be able to find the interviewer.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about previous work, my thought on customer service, etc.

Face to Face Interview: Began with a skills test. Basic math without a calculator, reading instructions and filling out a worksheet accordingly, create a design on a t-shirt at the company's website based on an e-mail from a "customer" and then saving the design and responding to the "customer's" email. Then, a panel interview with the Dept Manager and a Team Manager, I was told to choose a chair that was in a semi-circle (basic personality test) before they came in. The panel interview started off with the managers asking if I had any questions, I came prepared with 5 questions and asked 4 of them. After asking me basic customer service questions and personal questions, we talked salary and compensation. I was given 2 handouts with all of the benefits and the pricing and once again asked if I had any questions. I asked my last question. After the panel interview, I was taken to shadow a current employee and watch them interact with the customer. After about 10 minutes, the team manager came and walked me out, he told me that they would be making a decision by the end of the day. I didn't hear from them until 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Sales/Service Representative Interview

Sales/Service Representative
McLean, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CustomInk.

Interview Details – after the initial phone interview, i arrived at the offices. the recruiter gave me a tour of the facilities, explaining all the departments. during the first part of the three hour process, i was given a math test, a color processing test, and an email to respond to. after the tests, i had a group interview with two managers. i was asked to point out minute detail issues on three different shirts, then went through the usual questions. at the end, i sat with a rep to shadow their call, then was asked to perform a mock sales call - taking a call, designing a shirt, etc.

Interview Question – describe a time when you exemplified the "golden rule"   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CustomInk in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was really excited about the position I was interviewing for, and I thought things were going well after 4 phone screens, which mainly focused on my background, work experience, and how I would react in different situations. They also were interested in how I would move forward with certain types of marketing programs. Unfortunately, I didn't hear a word back from anyone, even after following up to ask for feedback. This is such a negative experience. You'd think they could give you the courtesy of telling you they aren't interested.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty typical of a phone screen.   Answer Question

Worked for CustomInk? Contribute to the Community!