CustomInk

Updated Nov 21, 2014

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CustomInk in November 2014.

I applied online through the company website customink.com. Then got an email from a recruiter. They invited me to do a webcam interview, and I recorded my responses to 6 questions. They reviewed the responses and then proceeded to a second over-the-phone interview. They asked if I liked the webcam interview process, what my customer service philosophy was. They also asked why I wanted to work there, and how much I was expecting to be paid, etc. The phone interview took about 20 mins. After the phone interview, I was told that it would take anywhere from 48-72 hours for one of the phone interviewers to hear back from the HR team at CustomInk regarding my application and interview responses. At that point they would know if I would make it to the 3rd round of interviewing.... They informed me that their next Sales & Service class is about a month an a half away and that I would be contacted. It's past the 48-72 hours, however the class doesn't start for quite awhile.... They also asked me what my availability was the week after they called me, and I told them, but haven't heard anything yet. Could be because of the holidays, that they're interviewing other people, or that the class is so far away that they're not doing the 3rd stage until closer to the class date.***update***:got an on site interview after emailing recruiter a few times. Had to bug them because they were not responding. Reno facility is beautiful and people are so friendly!! Interview there took about 3 hrs. They had me do a math test, design a couple of t-shirts on the designer on customink..com and had me critique a couple of pics of shirts that had misspellings and funny fonts. Met a couple of managers....they asked more questions like the ones asked in the webcam and phone interview. Waiting to hear back from them and to get final word on whether or not they will hire me.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when you exemplified the Golden Rule"   View Answer

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CustomInk in July 2014.

I applied online, and I received an email the next day that requested I use a webcam to complete the second step of the interview. Since I do not have a functioning webcam, I requested a telephone interview instead. CustomInk was happy to comply with my request. The phone interview was easy; they want to make sure that you are aware of the company's core values and that you will be a good fit. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following day.
    When I arrived for my interview, I received a warm greeting from the receptionist, and was made to feel welcome. I was taken on a tour of the facility, and was encouraged to ask questions. After that came the testing: a simple basic math quiz, designing two shirts, and responding to a customer email request. When those were completed, I had a face-to-face interview with two managers. They were very friendly and enthusiastic; they explained the job requirements, training process, pay structure, benefits, etc. very thoroughly and were happy to answer my questions. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to shadow an employee and again, I was encouraged to ask questions.
    Overall this interview process was very relaxed; there were also some fun moments. I felt it ran too long; I was told to expect 2-3 hours, but I was there for 5. There is good reason why positions at CustomInk are highly sought after; expect lots of competition.
    Although this was a very positive experience, I would like to note that I did not see any older workers at this facility.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain how you have applied the "Golden Rule" to a previous job experience.   Answer Question

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CustomInk in February 2014.

Began with a telephone interview with a recruiter and she scheduled a face to face interview a few days later. I was not given a name of who I would be interviewing with, rather told that whomever helped me would be able to find the interviewer.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about previous work, my thought on customer service, etc.

Face to Face Interview: Began with a skills test. Basic math without a calculator, reading instructions and filling out a worksheet accordingly, create a design on a t-shirt at the company's website based on an e-mail from a "customer" and then saving the design and responding to the "customer's" email. Then, a panel interview with the Dept Manager and a Team Manager, I was told to choose a chair that was in a semi-circle (basic personality test) before they came in. The panel interview started off with the managers asking if I had any questions, I came prepared with 5 questions and asked 4 of them. After asking me basic customer service questions and personal questions, we talked salary and compensation. I was given 2 handouts with all of the benefits and the pricing and once again asked if I had any questions. I asked my last question. After the panel interview, I was taken to shadow a current employee and watch them interact with the customer. After about 10 minutes, the team manager came and walked me out, he told me that they would be making a decision by the end of the day. I didn't hear from them until 3 days later.

Production Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CustomInk in January 2013.

It started with a phone interview, then it was followed by two face to face interviews, a test on Adobe Illustrator, an aesthetics test, and it ended in shadowing someone already in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you receive negative feedback at work, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question