CustomInk

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Care Representative Interview

Customer Care Representative
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CustomInk in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and I received an email the next day that requested I use a webcam to complete the second step of the interview. Since I do not have a functioning webcam, I requested a telephone interview instead. CustomInk was happy to comply with my request. The phone interview was easy; they want to make sure that you are aware of the company's core values and that you will be a good fit. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following day.
When I arrived for my interview, I received a warm greeting from the receptionist, and was made to feel welcome. I was taken on a tour of the facility, and was encouraged to ask questions. After that came the testing: a simple basic math quiz, designing two shirts, and responding to a customer email request. When those were completed, I had a face-to-face interview with two managers. They were very friendly and enthusiastic; they explained the job requirements, training process, pay structure, benefits, etc. very thoroughly and were happy to answer my questions. After the interview, I was given the opportunity to shadow an employee and again, I was encouraged to ask questions.
Overall this interview process was very relaxed; there were also some fun moments. I felt it ran too long; I was told to expect 2-3 hours, but I was there for 5. There is good reason why positions at CustomInk are highly sought after; expect lots of competition.
Although this was a very positive experience, I would like to note that I did not see any older workers at this facility.

Interview Question – Please explain how you have applied the "Golden Rule" to a previous job experience.   Answer Question

Production Artist Interview

Production Artist
Reno, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CustomInk in January 2013.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview, then it was followed by two face to face interviews, a test on Adobe Illustrator, an aesthetics test, and it ended in shadowing someone already in the role.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you receive negative feedback at work, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Sales & Service Representative
Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CustomInk in February 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a telephone interview with a recruiter and she scheduled a face to face interview a few days later. I was not given a name of who I would be interviewing with, rather told that whomever helped me would be able to find the interviewer.

Phone Interview: Basic questions about previous work, my thought on customer service, etc.

Face to Face Interview: Began with a skills test. Basic math without a calculator, reading instructions and filling out a worksheet accordingly, create a design on a t-shirt at the company's website based on an e-mail from a "customer" and then saving the design and responding to the "customer's" email. Then, a panel interview with the Dept Manager and a Team Manager, I was told to choose a chair that was in a semi-circle (basic personality test) before they came in. The panel interview started off with the managers asking if I had any questions, I came prepared with 5 questions and asked 4 of them. After asking me basic customer service questions and personal questions, we talked salary and compensation. I was given 2 handouts with all of the benefits and the pricing and once again asked if I had any questions. I asked my last question. After the panel interview, I was taken to shadow a current employee and watch them interact with the customer. After about 10 minutes, the team manager came and walked me out, he told me that they would be making a decision by the end of the day. I didn't hear from them until 3 days later.

Interview Questions

Worked for CustomInk? Contribute to the Community!