Cutco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2014
Updated Aug 6, 2014

1.9

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Cutco in June 2012.

I contacted them because of a letter I received. They gave me an interview date on the spot, which was about a week later. I was dressed in a normal office attire. Professional, clean, but attractive. They had me fill out papers about something related to the job and questions about an interview, essentially an application. There was first a group interview with two other people. Then, I got interviewed by the manager. He asked me questions like my work experience (none, but I talked about my school involvement), my hobbies, my leadership ability, etc.
    They called me an hour later and I got the job.
    A three day seminar/training followed.

Sales Representative Interview

It was a pretty standard process--group interview, followed by solo. They don't have the highest hiring standards. To be hired, you must purchase your sales kit, which is pretty shady.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing--just straightforward, "Why would you be good at this."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fullerton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Cutco.

I applied for a position years ago. Honestly I had no idea what i was applying for because I was in high school. I believe i may have applied through a recruiter web site, but i got a phone call back to set up an in person interview. When i arrived, other applicant's were lined up for an in person interview. easy process.

Interview Questions
    • standard questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Cutco.

The whole process seemed like a seminar, and the more active and conversational you are, the better chance you have of being selected to sell.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions regarded sales experience, but the interviewer liked to question everyone about basic economics (i.e. Laws of Supply and Demand)   Answer Question

It seemed like a MLM and I would be required to purchase a "Sales Kit" that I could not afford at the time.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cutco in July 2013.

Interviewees are first interviewed in a small group, because a lot of information about the company is presented, and it's more efficient to do that part in a group. This taught me almost everything about how the company works, what it does, and is also an explanation of why it's so different from other knife companies. This is important. It also shows you what you would be doing in the job position.After the group interview and presentation, the group members are interviewed individually.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions for me were about "times when I showed good leadership" or "effective problem-solving in a group setting"   Answer Question
    I was told at the end of the interview that I had been accepted. I don't know if they would have told me if I'd been declined right there, or waited to call me later.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview is done group style. It's awkward but effective for cutting through and finding out who is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The interview really didn't ask difficult questions. It was more informative and was designed to weed out the people who wouldn't do the work required.   Answer Question
    This is really a 100% commission job. You can make far more money at this job than any hourly job for a college student.

Cutco Sales Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Cutco.

Group interview and then individual.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview was not hard. A description about what you will sale are presented during the interview. Interview had 2 parts, one in a group and follow with a one on one.

Travel distances

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cutco in February 2012.

Really easy it never seemd liek they were too interested so i got it easily, seems like a really big pyramid scheme so I tried it out for a few weeks but dropped it because I was losing money, cockroach of a company. don't waste your time unless you are sure that it's for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Cutco in May 2012.

First I was brought into the Boss's office with another person(though I believe they also do this stage 1 on 1 if they have the time) to have a short talk about why we want to work there, how we learned about the job ect. Mostly this is to determine if we are positive people, if he wants to go further, he invites us to a presentation about the job in another room. This is done in a group setting with a group of applicants(mine was around 9). They give an hour long presentation, and encourage note-taking. Then, he calls everyone in one by one to either accept them, or turn them down. If accepted, we are told three days where training will take place. At the end of training, we are expected to already have our first appointments and begin working. Advanced training happens a few days after.

Interview Questions
    Considering that the job works on a base pay/commission basis, there is not much to negotiate. Commission raises are based on sales, and the numbers are the same throughout the company. An increase in base pay would imply you don't intend to try your best to make the commission. As such, there isn't anything to negotiate, except whether or not you want the job.

Worked for Cutco? Contribute to the Community!