Cutco

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cutco

Interview Details – It was a pretty standard process--group interview, followed by solo. They don't have the highest hiring standards. To be hired, you must purchase your sales kit, which is pretty shady.

Interview Question – Nothing--just straightforward, "Why would you be good at this."   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fullerton, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Cutco.

Interview Details – I applied for a position years ago. Honestly I had no idea what i was applying for because I was in high school. I believe i may have applied through a recruiter web site, but i got a phone call back to set up an in person interview. When i arrived, other applicant's were lined up for an in person interview. easy process.

Interview Question – standard questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview Details – The whole process seemed like a seminar, and the more active and conversational you are, the better chance you have of being selected to sell.

Interview Question – Most questions regarded sales experience, but the interviewer liked to question everyone about basic economics (i.e. Laws of Supply and Demand)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It seemed like a MLM and I would be required to purchase a "Sales Kit" that I could not afford at the time.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Direct Sales Representative
Edina, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cutco in July 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewees are first interviewed in a small group, because a lot of information about the company is presented, and it's more efficient to do that part in a group. This taught me almost everything about how the company works, what it does, and is also an explanation of why it's so different from other knife companies. This is important. It also shows you what you would be doing in the job position.After the group interview and presentation, the group members are interviewed individually.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions for me were about "times when I showed good leadership" or "effective problem-solving in a group setting"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told at the end of the interview that I had been accepted. I don't know if they would have told me if I'd been declined right there, or waited to call me later.

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview Details – Interview is done group style. It's awkward but effective for cutting through and finding out who is a good fit.

Interview Question – The interview really didn't ask difficult questions. It was more informative and was designed to weed out the people who wouldn't do the work required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is really a 100% commission job. You can make far more money at this job than any hourly job for a college student.

Cutco Sales Interview

Cutco Sales

The process took a day - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview Details – Group interview and then individual.

Interview Question – How will this job help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cutco.

Interview Details – Interview was not hard. A description about what you will sale are presented during the interview. Interview had 2 parts, one in a group and follow with a one on one.

Interview Question – Nothing much, most questions are about sale related   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Travel distances

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Columbia, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Cutco in February 2012.

Interview Details – Really easy it never seemd liek they were too interested so i got it easily, seems like a really big pyramid scheme so I tried it out for a few weeks but dropped it because I was losing money, cockroach of a company. don't waste your time unless you are sure that it's for you.

Interview Question – Strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Palm Desert, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cutco in May 2012.

Interview Details – First I was brought into the Boss's office with another person(though I believe they also do this stage 1 on 1 if they have the time) to have a short talk about why we want to work there, how we learned about the job ect. Mostly this is to determine if we are positive people, if he wants to go further, he invites us to a presentation about the job in another room. This is done in a group setting with a group of applicants(mine was around 9). They give an hour long presentation, and encourage note-taking. Then, he calls everyone in one by one to either accept them, or turn them down. If accepted, we are told three days where training will take place. At the end of training, we are expected to already have our first appointments and begin working. Advanced training happens a few days after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Considering that the job works on a base pay/commission basis, there is not much to negotiate. Commission raises are based on sales, and the numbers are the same throughout the company. An increase in base pay would imply you don't intend to try your best to make the commission. As such, there isn't anything to negotiate, except whether or not you want the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Cutco in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was on the bus when I got a call from my room mate, *Christina, asking me if I would be interested in a great job opportunity. She then puts the manager of Vancouver's CUTCO office on the line and he asks me if I would be interested in doing something exciting this summer.

Interview Question – I was just asked if I wanted to to work with a team of people all wanting to sell high-end luxury cutlery etc and get great benefits and compensation in return?   View Answer

Worked for Cutco? Contribute to the Community!