Cutco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

1.8

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cutco (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

detailed questions and qualifying and then still in process to eliminate thru training. I answered an ad online and then sent resume in. I was called and asked some questions and then went in and met with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Reason for interest or your "why"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cutco.

Interview

called into a large room which seemed like a cattle call system for employment. There would be different rounds of interviews with several people waiting in a room and then being individually interviewed. After some people were cut the rest of us stayed in the room and had a presentation by the same person who interviewed us. After that we had another round of interviews resulting in only some getting cut and some being offered the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• it seemed very easy if you had your head screwed on straight   Answer Question

Content Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Cutco.

Interview

lunch with senior managers. I should have asked more questions. Several red flags. CEO criticized and bad mouthed my processor. They did not seem to want to share what the issues were in the department that were holding them back from achieving higher sales.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

quck

Web Programming Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cutco (Olean, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Sat down with two senior programmers, not many technical questions but more about work outside of school and programming interests. Overall very pleasant and low stress. They also spoke about what my responsibilites and roles would be for the position I was interviewing for.

Salesman Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cutco.

Interview

Short, easy, simple, and not competitive. All under 1 hr. Start out with 1 on 1 interview with store or regional manager. After interviewing everyone, the management reveals all the selected applicants. Gives a motivational speech and ask you to buy your required knife tool kits. You trains for a few days and you're ready to make your first sale to your family members.

Interview Questions

• Non. All the questions were easy and standard. The questions are designed to weed out those who are not desperate enough to buy into their system. Questions like, are you motivated etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cutco (Newport News, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

If you have a head on your shoulders, you're in. They are looking for anyone with the potential to sell. After they weed out the people who don't have potential, they sell you on working there by showing you a demo. Then they train you.

Interview Questions

• If I asked a random classmate of yours about you, what would they say to describe you?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

It was a pretty standard process--group interview, followed by solo. They don't have the highest hiring standards. To be hired, you must purchase your sales kit, which is pretty shady.

Interview Questions

• Nothing--just straightforward, "Why would you be good at this."   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cutco (Fullerton, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position years ago. Honestly I had no idea what i was applying for because I was in high school. I believe i may have applied through a recruiter web site, but i got a phone call back to set up an in person interview. When i arrived, other applicant's were lined up for an in person interview. easy process.

Interview Questions

• standard questions - tell me about yourself, what are your strengths, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cutco.

Interview

The whole process seemed like a seminar, and the more active and conversational you are, the better chance you have of being selected to sell.

Interview Questions

• Most questions regarded sales experience, but the interviewer liked to question everyone about basic economics (i.e. Laws of Supply and Demand)   Answer Question

It seemed like a MLM and I would be required to purchase a "Sales Kit" that I could not afford at the time.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cutco.

Interview

Interview is done group style. It's awkward but effective for cutting through and finding out who is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The interview really didn't ask difficult questions. It was more informative and was designed to weed out the people who wouldn't do the work required.   Answer Question

Negotiation

This is really a 100% commission job. You can make far more money at this job than any hourly job for a college student.