Cvent

Cvent Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2015
Updated Jan 25, 2015

Technical Writer Interview

HR Manger contacted me for an initial phone screening. Much more interested in hearing how little they can pay you than your skills/qualifications for the job. I was asked twice how low I would go on a salary, before I was set up for a real phone interview with who would have been my direct supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Based on the salary range you've given us, we've noticed that candidates will usually go lower. So what's your absolute bottom?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cvent.

Started out with a phone interview asking about experience in the industry and the different technologies that the company is working with and what I know about them. Basically, a technically oriented human behavior interview.

After this, I received an offer to interview at their main headquarters. I was interviewed by two different people. The first interviewer asked me about my experience and general questions about the different technologies I had worked with before that were on my resume. The second interviewer asked me two coding questions and had me explain the inner-workings of a system I had built before.

Interview Questions
    • Write an example of a program that would run out of memory.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

the first interview was an phone interview and I was called by a manager and he is very nice . But he did not call on time and I waited for about 10 mins. The questions are all very general, like introduce yourself, why do you choose accounting, etc.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cvent in December 2014.

Submitted profile through Cvent job portal. Got a call from HR within a week and they set up a 30-min technical phone screen. Questions were pretty basic and high-level, like how the internet works, difference between types of programming languages, and few database/SQL questions.

In-person interview was pretty intense. Lasted about 3.5 hours and I met with various Sr. Application Support Engineers. They were all pretty friendly and helpful. About 85% of the interview was technical based, and focused on all areas of IT so brush up on basics of everything.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cvent.

Applied through my university and had an on campus interview roughly two weeks later. Three weeks after the on campus interview i was asked to come in for the final in person interview at their headquarters. The interview was both behavioral and technical.

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cvent.

First round was through school. They gave on grounds interviews. Called and let me know I got a second round within a couple of day.
    Full day for second round interviews- arrive, get shown around office, three interviews.

Intern Interview

Basic questions, and friendly interview. Require basic accounting knowledge, and want to see that you're able to multitask and are interested. Very easy going. You get interviewed by 4 supervisors, and they basically ask the same thing.

Computer Programmer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cvent.

I applied through a career fair at my university. They contacted me through email to apply, and I did. After the initial screening, I was contacted for a phone interview with one of the software engineers at the company.

Human Resources Associate/Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cvent in October 2014.

Was contacted about this position by a staffing agency. Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter at Cvent, then another with the hiring manager. Following the phone interviews, I was brought in for a 3-4 hour interview meeting with 7 different individuals. Some where members of the HR team, others working in departments that this position would work with. The interview was well coordinated and provided a great sense of the organization.

Following the interview, I never received feedback. Over a month after the interview, I noticed the position was reposted on LinkedIn. As I never hear back, and saw the job reposted, I decided to pull myself from the process. Being inconsiderate and not closing the loop with a candidate gave me a bad impression of the organization and is a place I would not want to work.

Interview Questions
    • They collect an obscene amount of information about minimal items such as previous performance ratings, W2 amounts for the last 4 years, and detailed information about your benefits (such as out of pocket costs).   Answer Question

Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cvent in October 2014.

Rigorous interview process; however, it was a great opportunity to meet multiple people from different business units and get a well-rounded view of the company culture. While the interview process was 5 hours, those 5 hours enabled me to gain insight into all facets of the business which is important for my role now within the company. I especially liked that the Recruiting team provided me the names/titles of the people I was set to meet with prior to the interview day so that I could do some research and prepare more targeted questions. The background check was quick and painless, and the cadence of the follow-up from my Recruiter was perfect - she stayed in frequent touch with me throughout the process to advise me of the status and was very responsive. Overall, good experience. My only recommendation might be to shorten the rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many unexpected questions, most of them were very pertinent to the job you were interviewing for. The situational interview questions were probably the most challenging, but this is a great opportunity to prove yourself and therefore are important to ask.   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase consisted of a few back and forths, mostly related to salary.