CyberArk

www.cyberark.com
  www.cyberark.com

CyberArk Interview Questions

IT Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CyberArk in October 2013.

Typical of most companies, this company likes to start out by having you waste time with HR while she drones on about the company and its products (most information you can read about on their web site). She called 15 minutes or so late and I was pressed for time, so I cut her off and asked what exactly is expected of this position. She was miffed and asked if I would like to continue to hear about the company's mission. I stated that due to the late start and an upcoming meeting I had to attend, I had to cut to the chase... As I expected, the position is referred to as "manager" but is really a lead systems engineer position (mostly hands on). Not sure what its like to work at this company, but in my opinion, any company that starts you off with HR is already down for the count. All the best jobs I've had in my career were companies where the first person I met or talked to was the hiring manager. What does HR know about how to screen an IT position anyway? Can she ask if you've ever restored an Exchange database or moved operations master servers in active directory? Why do companies let candidates anywhere near HR in the very beginning?

Interview Questions
    • None. I cut her off when I realized the job was improperly titled. I advised her to change the title of the job and she would get candidates who fit the role a bit better.   View Answer

ATAM/TAM/Implementation Engineer/Senior/Junior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CyberArk in September 2013.

Step 1. Recruiter calls you, may or may not ask general IT knowledge specific questions;

Step 2. onsite or team viewer screen sharing, etc.. ;
    2-A. task of installing the Cyber-Ark product (password management suite a.k.a PIM suite or file exchange suite a.k.a. SIM/IBV suite ) It is a multi component product and most components have to be installed on windows. Few components install on Red Hat Enterprise Linux. ;
    2-B. task of using the installed product from above, for managing a password on a target device(maybe a domain account, so you need active directory also installed and working on a different server and also another account on a linux server, so ssh must be installed and service started);
    2-C. troubleshooting the installed product if problems occur, always try to analyze the logs or go through them for each components' problem/symptom

DURING and AFTER (2) Are you friendly? polite? patient? listening ? social? calm? These are huge factors, after all, ATAM / TAM / Implementation Engineer / Technical Support Engineer at the end of the day is nothing but a glorified technical but only customer service oriented role with good communication skills, with 90% of the time talking in person or over the phone to a customer (SYS Admin/IT Analyst/Security Directory/Analyst) and installing and fixing the product technically.

Interview Questions
    • installing and utilizing their vault, which is usually the bulk of the interview assessment explained in (2)   View Answer
    Negotiate whatever you want

Implementation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CyberArk in August 2013.

I applied via LinkedIn and received an email from the HR manager the following morning. This was a basic skills assessment/phone screen. She scheduled me for a phone interview with the Director of Field Services a couple days later. Based off this interview, I was offered an opportunity to complete a technical assignment, which involved installing the software and performing a couple tasks with it. A follow-up interview/presentation was scheduled after completion of the technical challenge. This was again with the Director of Field Services and a couple other directors at the company. The hour scheduled was not enough for this call, so another, final session was scheduled for another couple days later. In all, the process took about 2 weeks from my initial application to the final phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • The final question of the first phone interview with the Director was "What website did you use to look up the answers?"   View Answer
    I contemplated negotiating, but did not, as it was a significant pay increase already and I would be working from home, so saving on commuting.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CyberArk in April 2013.

I'm giving this interview a negitive review because of the complexitiy of the product install. But the people are very nice and helpful during the process, but it is difficult.

The process started with a phone screen by the recruiter. She asked the general technical questions and some depth of experience based questions. Why was I looking, what was I looking for. The normal basic stuff. She was polite and friendly and seemed genuinely interested in my application to the company. The next step was a phone screening with the Director of Field Services, this was a challenge. He was very detailed and looked for some very in depth answers. Based on the company’s products and services, it is not surprising he spent a good deal of time on the nuances of how encryption and password security works. In the end, while very challenging his goal was to not only determine my knowledge but how I think on my feet and if I could think reasonably about the topic. Could I apply logic from one area to another that I was more comfortable with.
    Having passed that, the next step was to build an installation of the company’s flagship product in a virtual environment. I was given a temp license, the install packages, the documentation and some goals. I was given 10 days to take a laptop install a server OS, create VM’s of various types and then demonstrate the use of the product. It was by far the most difficult interview process I have ever encountered.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was building the product installation.   View Answer