CyberCoders Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

2.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at CyberCoders in September 2014.

Interview

After repeated unsuccessful attempts to have myself removed from their database (I can only assume that they scraped my resume off one of the public job boards) I was assured that I had been put on their block list, only to get an email the next day congratulating me on having been submitted to a position.

When I expressed surprise and dismay the recruiter apologized, telling me that "only" my name and career history had been submitted to the employer.

Interview Questions

• "We have submitted your resume for [position]; [...] Do NOT contact or apply to [the company] directly as we are representing you for this position.

Given that this was the first I had heard of the position it was certainly unexpected.

Answer Question

I don't deal with unscrupulous scammers.

Cybercoders Recruiters Interview

Interview

Do these people have any idea what they are doing? They post jobs and then don't do any followup with candidates. They do not have the capacity of reading the resume and figuring out whether or not the candidate fits. I was actually applying to a position they had posted as a job opening and the recruiter thought I wanted to work for Cybercoders itself. Could not figure out what I wanted. I ended up ignoring the whole thing.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CyberCoders (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a phone screen, then an in person interview, then an offer, I started a week later. It was good experience overall. Job not for me though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I was going to use it in the mean time for looking for a job I really did want and I eventually received.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Explain how to add a node on Heap tree.   1 Answer

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CyberCoders (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied directly to CyberCoders back in 2011. Phone interview and then an Onsite interview with direct manager and Heidi. At the end of the interview the manager tells you to send an email to Heidi with a thank you. Who demands a thank you? The interview process was easy I didn't feel like there was anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. All questions were very standard - background, how you can contribute, how do you keep yourself motivated, how many requisitions do you work on, what is the hardest requisition, how do you overcome difficult requisitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase. They send you the offer letter which outlines the Commission structure and the Draw-Against-Commission structure.

IOS Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CyberCoders (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I thought Cybercoders was a scam.

They advertise jobs for which I perfectly qualified, but I never received a call from a recruiter. They'd send an email that said I didn't meet the qualifications. And yet the positions are still advertised for months - a couple for almost a year.

I know the iOS dev community in Chicago, in addition to other .NET developers, and I don't know anyone who has ever gotten a job through this company.

A couple months ago I finally got a call, but it really wasn't to interview me for the position for which I applied. It was a marketing call. The "recruiter" asked me a lot of questions about what I was looking for, what kinds of jobs, what my high/low salary range was. Emphasized "rock bottom price."

He asked a lot of questions about my pre-iOS dev experience (.NET), but didn't ask ANY questions about iOS! He didn't really understand my answers. I know that many technical recruiters have no technical background and think if they know a few buzz words that they're talking tech, but this recruiter was pretty clueless.

And any time I asked a question, he said, "I'll get to that."

Finally I called him on it. He claimed he was trying to make sure there was a "cultural fit" between me and the potential employer.

After 40 mins of getting no where answering questions, no information given to me, I ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard, useless questions. No insightful questions.   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CyberCoders (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen that lasted roughly 30 minutes. At the end of the phone screen, I was invited for an in person interview in which I met with numerous managers. I was offered the job on the spot! Very quick turnaround.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CyberCoders in April 2013.

Interview

1) Phone
    2) In-person

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CyberCoders in December 2012.

Interview

Forget about this company. Including this MacPheeters "recruiter." It is all about $ and zero compassion to their candidates.

Interview Questions

• Are you married? Are you available?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CyberCoders (San Francisco, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

You should be honest everytime. You haven't to know everything but it is important that you can describe what you possess on. Pay attention to highlight why they should hire you. Explain well how to solve a critical issue when it is assigned you. Your motivation shouldn't be on benefit packages