CyberCoders Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.1

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CyberCoders (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Brief phone interview, then got scheduled for an on-site interview within the same week. Received a tour of the company, and then once settled in began the interview process. Scheduled to interview with three different people. Interview was very informative regarding the recruiting environment within the company and what my the position I was interviewing for required. Questions felt very broad and open-ended. Recruiting for this company is purely a sales position, so the interview felt much like an interview for a sales position where I had to really sell my qualities and convince them that I am the right candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CyberCoders in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter saying she would like to talk more about my background over the phone. She asked what time I would be available on a Friday. I told her the morning hours would work best and left my phone number. Friday passed with no call. I emailed her on Monday and asked if the call was still taking place. She responded with yes, I'll call at 4:45 pm, which didn't work for me, but I made an adjustment anyway. The call lasted 30 mins. She asked about my background, why recruiting, if I am outgoing, how a prioritize work etc. She then said to look over the position again and to let her know if I would like to continue with the process. If I said yes, she would then schedule the onsite interview. I emailed her the next day and said I would like to continue. I waited a week with no response. I called and left her a message and emailed her again. She finally emailed me back saying they do not feel like I am a fit to my surprise with no explanation. I asked her what I needed to improve on, but she never responded.

NA

EH&S Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CyberCoders in April 2015.

Interview

Spoke to the recruiter by phone and the interview went well. The recruiter then promised to forward my resume to the hiring manager as a 'strong candidate'. I didn't hear from him for over a week, so I emailed him to ask whether he had heard from the recruiter. He responded that the hiring manager was out of the office until the following week, but that he would get back to me just as soon as he had the opportunity to speak with her. Two more weeks went by, so I emailed him again. No response. I finally sent another email saying that I assumed from their lack of response that there was no interest in me and that I wished them luck in their search. No response. Overall, par for the course for most recruiters. In my experience, when they find a better candidate, they simply stop returning your calls and emails rather than take the professional approach and tell you that you are no longer being considered for the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CyberCoders in September 2014.

Interview

After repeated unsuccessful attempts to have myself removed from their database (I can only assume that they scraped my resume off one of the public job boards) I was assured that I had been put on their block list, only to get an email the next day congratulating me on having been submitted to a position. When I expressed surprise and dismay the recruiter apologized, telling me that "only" my name and career history had been submitted to the employer.

Interview Questions

• "We have submitted your resume for [position]; [...] Do NOT contact or apply to [the company] directly as we are representing you for this position. Given that this was the first I had heard of the position it was certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

I don't deal with unscrupulous scammers.

Interview

Do these people have any idea what they are doing? They post jobs and then don't do any followup with candidates. They do not have the capacity of reading the resume and figuring out whether or not the candidate fits. I was actually applying to a position they had posted as a job opening and the recruiter thought I wanted to work for Cybercoders itself. Could not figure out what I wanted. I ended up ignoring the whole thing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CyberCoders (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was a phone screen, then an in person interview, then an offer, I started a week later. It was good experience overall. Job not for me though.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, but I was going to use it in the mean time for looking for a job I really did want and I eventually received.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview

Interview Questions

• Explain how to add a node on Heap tree.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CyberCoders (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I applied directly to CyberCoders back in 2011. Phone interview and then an Onsite interview with direct manager and Heidi. At the end of the interview the manager tells you to send an email to Heidi with a thank you. Who demands a thank you? The interview process was easy I didn't feel like there was anything out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. All questions were very standard - background, how you can contribute, how do you keep yourself motivated, how many requisitions do you work on, what is the hardest requisition, how do you overcome difficult requisitions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation phase. They send you the offer letter which outlines the Commission structure and the Draw-Against-Commission structure.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CyberCoders (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

I thought Cybercoders was a scam. They advertise jobs for which I perfectly qualified, but I never received a call from a recruiter. They'd send an email that said I didn't meet the qualifications. And yet the positions are still advertised for months - a couple for almost a year. I know the iOS dev community in Chicago, in addition to other .NET developers, and I don't know anyone who has ever gotten a job through this company. A couple months ago I finally got a call, but it really wasn't to interview me for the position for which I applied. It was a marketing call. The "recruiter" asked me a lot of questions about what I was looking for, what kinds of jobs, what my high/low salary range was. Emphasized "rock bottom price." He asked a lot of questions about my pre-iOS dev experience (.NET), but didn't ask ANY questions about iOS! He didn't really understand my answers. I know that many technical recruiters have no technical background and think if they know a few buzz words that they're talking tech, but this recruiter was pretty clueless. And any time I asked a question, he said, "I'll get to that." Finally I called him on it. He claimed he was trying to make sure there was a "cultural fit" between me and the potential employer. After 40 mins of getting no where answering questions, no information given to me, I ended the interview.

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard, useless questions. No insightful questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CyberCoders (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen that lasted roughly 30 minutes. At the end of the phone screen, I was invited for an in person interview in which I met with numerous managers. I was offered the job on the spot! Very quick turnaround.