Cyberonics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.7

IT Security Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial contact was from HR to set up a phone interview with IT director. Interviewer was condescending and seemed disingenuous during the interview. The interviewer was more concerned with asking inappropriate questions regarding my current employer instead of questions regarding my skill set. Overall experience left me to question company's ethics.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions on the security infrastructure of my current employer   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Contacted unsolicited by the recruiter via LinkedIn. Exchanged emails with the recruiter, which was followed with a phone screen with recruiter. Flown in for an interview with HR, hiring manager, director of department, manager peer, and VP of department, all in one day. Hiring manager took me out to lunch as well.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Simple...Asked mostly from resume...Process took about 45 mins

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX).

Interview

telephonic followed one day long interview.

Negotiation

Summer Internship Interview

Interview

I got the interview through the reference from a school program. I was the last one being interviewed and it lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked about the company I followed and studied currently. It was a nice and friendly conversation.
    I did not hear from them for three weeks, so I think this position might have been filled.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this position. Few weeks later, I received a call from the HR manager asking for a phone interview. Most of the questions were related to the resume. He asked some specific questions related to my experience with electronics manufacturing. It appeared to me that the Lead Engineer was disinterested in interviewing me (can't seem to figure out why).

Interview Questions

• What is manufacturing yield, questions on C++ and PCB design.   Answer Question

Therapeutic Consultant (Sales Representative ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cyberonics (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

round robin interview with three people who asked a series of different questions.If you pass the first person then you go on to the second and third.They tell you right away if you have the job

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in making a lot of money   Answer Question
    • What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Unorganized. Was told to com in for an interview and no one was there to interview as thy were all out traveling. Apparently HR does not know how to schedule meeting in MS Outlook!

Interview Questions

The company was not a good fit for me.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Straightforward technical and development process questions; very easy. No whiteboard code testing, but fairly thorough questioning on previous work and abilities. Verification questions required a bit more thought but nothing too difficult. On site interview took about 6 hours; Cyberonics recruiting is very good; hotel, car, etc were all arranged effortlessly.

Interview Questions

• Describe the entire verification process for software (interviewer drilled down through requirements, unit test, design test, etc); very involved multi-layer question.   Answer Question

The offer was too low.

Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics (Houston, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview then a onsite interview with about 8 people. The onsite took half a day.