Cyberonics

Updated Oct 24, 2014
Updated Oct 24, 2014

2.6

IT Security Analyst Interview

Initial contact was from HR to set up a phone interview with IT director. Interviewer was condescending and seemed disingenuous during the interview. The interviewer was more concerned with asking inappropriate questions regarding my current employer instead of questions regarding my skill set. Overall experience left me to question company's ethics.

Interview Questions
    • Specific questions on the security infrastructure of my current employer   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cyberonics in November 2013.

Simple...Asked mostly from resume...Process took about 45 mins

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics.

telephonic followed one day long interview.

Summer Internship Interview

I got the interview through the reference from a school program. I was the last one being interviewed and it lasted for half an hour. The interviewer asked about the company I followed and studied currently. It was a nice and friendly conversation.
    I did not hear from them for three weeks, so I think this position might have been filled.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics in December 2012.

I applied online for this position. Few weeks later, I received a call from the HR manager asking for a phone interview. Most of the questions were related to the resume. He asked some specific questions related to my experience with electronics manufacturing. It appeared to me that the Lead Engineer was disinterested in interviewing me (can't seem to figure out why).

Interview Questions
    • What is manufacturing yield, questions on C++ and PCB design.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cyberonics in November 2011.

Straightforward technical and development process questions; very easy. No whiteboard code testing, but fairly thorough questioning on previous work and abilities. Verification questions required a bit more thought but nothing too difficult. On site interview took about 6 hours; Cyberonics recruiting is very good; hotel, car, etc were all arranged effortlessly.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the entire verification process for software (interviewer drilled down through requirements, unit test, design test, etc); very involved multi-layer question.   Answer Question

The offer was too low.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cyberonics in November 2011.

Unorganized. Was told to com in for an interview and no one was there to interview as thy were all out traveling. Apparently HR does not know how to schedule meeting in MS Outlook!

Interview Questions

The company was not a good fit for me.

Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics in August 2010.

The interview process consisted of a phone interview then a onsite interview with about 8 people. The onsite took half a day.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in South Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cyberonics in January 2010.

Long phone interview along with a detailed in person interview. The interviewers did not understand my speciality and only asked questions that had no relevance to my field or did not ask the right questions in order to evaluate me. The company first sent me an offer via email for somebody else. After that was corrected, the offer was too low.

too low

Clinical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cyberonics in August 2008.

2 interviews. Most of the interview process was simple. An initial phone interview followed by an onsite interview with 3 managers and VP.

Interview Questions
    • How would you contribute to the team? What are you bringing to the table?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was nearly impossible as HR was very strict