Cycle Gear Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2014

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cycle Gear

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cycle Gear.

Craigslist posting, informal interview at a Starbucks. Manager had no idea how to perform a interview, and had several overlapping interviews scheduled at the same time in a public forum. The manager was late for the interview, and that also caused many problems.

Interview Questions
    • There was no set interview questions, and some of them had nothing to do with the position or job posting.   Answer Question
    I told them the minimum I would accept, and they set it up

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benicia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benicia, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cycle Gear.

I applied online and received an email a week or so later asking me to come in for an interview. Not a super formal interview and at first you feel overdressed. It went well and I felt a good vibe but it took 2 weeks to hear back. The people are very friendly and the work environment is relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you about your interests in the motorcycle industry.   Answer Question
    They offered me the position for x amount.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cycle Gear.

Simple and easy. It is a copy of the questions you answer online. They want to know you like motorcycles and competition.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation you had at work that was difficult and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    they asked if i wanted to work for x amount.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cycle Gear in November 2012.

Started out with a phone interview. That interview lasted MAYBE 5 minutes. Very general questions like, "Do you have ride?" "Do you feel comfortable in different types of riding, i.e. street, cruiser, dirt...?" The lady doing the phone screen was out of California, I'm guessing she was from the HR department at their HQ. I was applying for a new store that was opening. I've had over a year riding and experience with bikes. I waited about 3 weeks (which was way too long in my mind) for the regional manager to contact me. I called her back and had to leave a message for her. She returned my call and we set up an interview time. Showed up and she asked the normal questions about a retail job. Some situational questions such as, "an angry customer..." yadda yadda yadda. She said she would be contacting me with in 4 days. Its been 2 weeks. Extremely unprofessional. Even if I didn't get the job it is still expected to get at least an email saying they went with someone else.

Based off reviews of others with the company, it may have been a blessing I didn't get the job.

I'll continue to buy my gear from them, but won't consider working for them again.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too hard. Just normal situational questions, mainly, "Tell me about when..."   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cycle Gear in August 2012.

Apply online, recieved call about 2 weeks later asking to schedule an interview I show up same day have first interview. one week later I have second interview. then drug trust which they want hair samples, and background check.

Interview Questions
    Not much room to negotiate, they wont offer you much

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almeda, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almeda, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cycle Gear in April 2010.

It took a few weeks to make it through the process. You meet with the assistant team leader, then the team leader and you may or may not meet with the district leader. Strict drug test and background check, including credit reports.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected about their questions.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate at all.