Cycle Gear Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cycle Gear.

Interview

long interview process, kind of unprofessional. consisted of a phone interview, an atl interview, a phone interview with the district manager and they all ask the same things and you end up having to repeat many things. interviews were very smooth. people seemed nice enough

Interview Questions

• If you were stranded on an island what would be 1 thing you would bring   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (Benicia, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Spoke with the Dr. of HR over the phone regarding my background and experience in high-volume recruiting experience. After speaking with her, I went in for a F2F interview. Met with her and the rest of the HR team. Everyone was very nice and personable. Took a quick tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What is your job history?   Answer Question
    • How many Managers have you supported?   1 Answer
    • What's the largest amount of requisitions have you managed at one given time?   1 Answer
    • Are you capable of being productive in close-knit quarters?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (Redding, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Hiring process is simple. Typically 2 interviews. Must pass a 90 day hair strand drug test and full background. Would prefer experience in motorcycles and or at etc. Asked many questions about experiences with cycling hobbies. Asked about general gear knowledge.

Interview Questions

• How much riding experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not aware at the time that pay was negotiable. Takes a lot of work to get a raise.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cycle Gear.

Interview

Craigslist posting, informal interview at a Starbucks. Manager had no idea how to perform a interview, and had several overlapping interviews scheduled at the same time in a public forum. The manager was late for the interview, and that also caused many problems.

Interview Questions

• There was no set interview questions, and some of them had nothing to do with the position or job posting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them the minimum I would accept, and they set it up

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

The process was actually quite nice. Spoke to several managers and higher ups throughout the course of several weeks. People were honest and very enthusiastic about having a new hire. Although it seemed like the store I interviewed for was a bit crowded, I believe it was for pushing foward with their vision of expansion throught the east coast. It was made cleat that the job wasnt gojng to fit my family man lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• Weather I would consider relocation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Benicia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (Benicia, CA).

Interview

I applied online and received an email a week or so later asking me to come in for an interview. Not a super formal interview and at first you feel overdressed. It went well and I felt a good vibe but it took 2 weeks to hear back. The people are very friendly and the work environment is relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your interests in the motorcycle industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me the position for x amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Simple and easy. It is a copy of the questions you answer online. They want to know you like motorcycles and competition.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation you had at work that was difficult and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they asked if i wanted to work for x amount.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview. That interview lasted MAYBE 5 minutes. Very general questions like, "Do you have ride?" "Do you feel comfortable in different types of riding, i.e. street, cruiser, dirt...?" The lady doing the phone screen was out of California, I'm guessing she was from the HR department at their HQ. I was applying for a new store that was opening. I've had over a year riding and experience with bikes. I waited about 3 weeks (which was way too long in my mind) for the regional manager to contact me. I called her back and had to leave a message for her. She returned my call and we set up an interview time. Showed up and she asked the normal questions about a retail job. Some situational questions such as, "an angry customer..." yadda yadda yadda. She said she would be contacting me with in 4 days. Its been 2 weeks. Extremely unprofessional. Even if I didn't get the job it is still expected to get at least an email saying they went with someone else. Based off reviews of others with the company, it may have been a blessing I didn't get the job. I'll continue to buy my gear from them, but won't consider working for them again.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too hard. Just normal situational questions, mainly, "Tell me about when..."   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (Allentown, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

Apply online, recieved call about 2 weeks later asking to schedule an interview I show up same day have first interview. one week later I have second interview. then drug trust which they want hair samples, and background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate, they wont offer you much

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cycle Gear (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with both Team and Assistant leader in the back room. It was a more laid back interview which they both asked a few questions about past experiences and reasons why I wanted to work there. The process was not intimidating at all.