1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cydcor (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

This is a very shady company. I did a first-round phone interview with a company called New York Partners, who claimed to be a >10yr old marketing company with fortune 500 clients. At first I was excited, but after the person I called gave a brief, generic, and non-specific explanation of the position and immediately asked me to come in for a final-round interview, I became skeptical. After extensive research I realized that I was actually applying to Cydcor, a door-to-door sales firm with a cult-like employee base, EXTREMELY high turnover rate (most last a max. of 2-4 weeks), and entirely commission-based pay rate. This is most definitely NOT what they advertised in their job posting. They continually hire as many applicants as possible (b/c of the turnover rate) and prey on unsuspecting entry-level job seekers. Avoid this company at all costs!

Interview Questions

• [after giving me job description] Is this something you might be interested in?   1 Answer

Shady, terrible business