Cyient Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cyient.

Interview

The 'program management' doesn't know what the job is, so you can say anything and get by. They pretended to understand what they were doing, but the fact is that very few people would really care since the pay is so low. The company is a revolving door.

Interview Questions

• None. The managers don't understand the job, so they came up with nonsense questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. I needed an income and this was easy. If I had to do over, I would have waited it out and found a better contract company to work with.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cyient (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview process was streamlined...Multiple managers spoke covering the entire spectrum of the PD flow. The interview panel was friendly and wanted to dig in to concepts more than tool knowledge. Hiring process was straight forward and the followups were quick. In general I realized that the quality of hiring is good

Interview Questions

• Some specific details on Signal Integrity was challenging.   Answer Question

Process Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cyient (Middletown, CT) in February 2011.

Interview

I received a few interviews with 3 different managers over the course of a few weeks, and was hired over the phone. Hiring process was over the course of a couple months, as a background check was required. On-boarding process was slow, however other employees were very helpful (this was 4 years ago, and the process has gotten to be much smother over the past couple years).

Interview Questions

• I was asked about some college projects (i.e. capstone design project).   Answer Question

Assistant Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cyient (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Full day process, two rounds were taken
    First of all, we were given a form to fill which was not taken care later.
    Then followed by the aptitude round on the computer screen. It consists of Technical questions too.
    Followed by the Technical Interview. Here they ask all basic questions to complex questions based on the academic background and the projects undergone.
    HR round has to be there, but were asked to wait in the hall for sometime, then were told that we will be called.

Interview Questions

• Here they ask all basic questions to complex questions based on the academic background and the projects undergone.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cyient (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three rounds
    1st round is aptitude which consists of quantitative, logical, verbal ,reading comprehension and charts and along with that there was technical aptitude also.
    2nd round is technical round
    They asked mainly on projects, C ,C++ ,Microcontroller and Microprocessor and whatever there in the resume.
    3rd round is hr round..it is just formality. They will check the communication skills here

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Prepare the basic and be good in communication.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cyient (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

First Round was Technical Interview based on C,pointer data structure RTOS it went for around 1 hour one person was took the interview ,Second Round was also same technical round like memory management,segments of memory for c programs,variable etc. software configuration management tools,
    third final HR and salary discussion.

Interview Questions

• First Round was simply they ask for C thoroughly ,storage class,pointer ,data structure,Compiler concepts.after that some of the questions from IPC and previous projects.
      Second Round was simple they asked memory management and software configuration management tools.
      Third round was just for formality HR salary discussion round.

Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cyient.

Interview

I have attended direct walk in interview . There was three rounds, first round was group discussion . After clearing of GD . There was two more rounds need to be clear that was technical interview and HR round.

Interview Questions

• How will you make skech of airfoil in solidworks using co-ordinate point?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Cyient.

Interview

Got hired though campus placement. Interview process contains a written test which involves aptitude, core technical sections (depending on you stream) and individual cut off for each section and after that you will have technical round and finally HR Round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you fixed salary it might be around 2.75 lakh for graduates at campus hire

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cyient (Hyderābād (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Starts with one to one phone call. First HR call and after that one call from Data science expert. If you are able to cross these two levels then 3rd round with the management.

Interview Questions

• What makes you unique towards data science?
      Why Engineering analytics?
      Basic questions on data distributions and practical applications.
      Dealing with Time series data.
      Feature extraction and machine learning techniques.
      Impotence of visualization and well known tools.

Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cyient (Noida (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

1)written(MCQ)
      30 questions on java, db
    2)Techinical F2F
        questions on core java and data structure
    3)HR

Interview Questions

• questions were easy in written . in f2f some basic programs as prime, factorial etc along with data structures may ask to write stack.   Answer Question