Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Cymer
- Endeavor Business Analyst (3)
- Test Engineer (2)
- Engineering Intern (2)
- Mechanical Design Engineer (1)
- Materials Scientist/Engineer (1)
- Technical Support Intern (1)
- Hardware Control (1)
- Strategic Sourcing (1)
- Internship (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- Intern (1)
- Materials Science (1)
- Senior Engineer (1)
- Summer (1)
- Software Development Engineer (1)
- Staff Manufacturing Engineer (1)
- EPM (1)
- Project Management Intern (1)
- Senior IT Business Analyst (1)
- Senior Optical Engineer (1)
- Director (1)
- Field Service Engineer (1)
- Senior Buyer (1)
- Controls Algorithm Engineer Intern (1)
- Controls Engineer (1)
- Optical Engineering Intern (1)
- Senior NPL Planner (1)
- DUV Optics (1)
- Materials Science & Engineering (1)
Controls Algorithm Engineer Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Cymer (San Diego, CA) in May 2009.
The interview process for Cymer consisted of 3 parts. One week after submitting my resume online, I received a phone call from the recruiter, in which he scheduled a phone interview.
The first phase of the interviewing process was a phone interview with the Technical Recruiter. In this interview he asked standard HR questions about my experiences, education, and interests. I kept my enthusiasm high and the interview went well.
One week later, I received another call from the Cymer HR department. Another phone interview was scheduled, this time with a senior engineer and a manager. This was the technical interview in which they determined if I knew what I was talking about.
One week later, I received another call from the HR department scheduling an on-site interview. I was interviewed by the senior engineer and the recruiter at different times. I was asked the standard questions "Tell me about yourself?", "Strengths and Weaknesses", "A time I was challenged" etc.
Overall, everyone at Cymer was great, accommodating and very professional. The work culture was top notch.
- Describe a time when you were challenged, and how did you overcome the situation? Answer Question