Cymer

Cymer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

DUV Optics Interview

They mainly just wanted me to talk about the projects that I've worked on and my background with LabView and Matlab. The interviewer spent a lot of time telling me about the company and company culture. He also talked about the potential projects that I could work on in detail.

Staff Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Phone screen followed by on site interview. Interview process went well. Hiring manager said things are looking really positive but I still did not hear back. So that was unprofessional and disappointing.

Senior NPL Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in July 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiting agency in Atlanta, GA which works closely with Cymer on the open positions. Interview scheduled with the director at the agency to talk about the role, expectations and my willingness to transition to Cymer. Having cleared that round was contacted by an admin at Cymer to set up a schedule for on-site interview with folks at San Diego.
    The interview process was quite intense - a grueling episode of ~ 5 hrs of constant questions and discussions. All of the managers who interviewed me were pleasant and were very active listeners. Interestingly - I was quizzed about my knowledge on supply chain, project management, inter-personal skills. A lot of questions were also of the type - What would you do if X happens?
    There was a detailed case study that really was intriguing and well versed.
    Final round was a talent manager and HR reviewer who asked me about salary expectations and other things.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most difficult part. Knowledge of project management really helps.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate on the joining bonus. Folded quickly on the base salary - but the compensation and the benefits that they offer - I am not complaining.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cymer.

We only had 1 interview. It ended in 30 minutes. First my supervisor asked me (1) to introduce myself. Then (2) tell her what's the reason for me to choose this major. Later on, she asked about (3) my past work experience. Finally, she wanted to know if (4) I have any knowledge of certain subjects.

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

Phone interview with a senior director. Know your resume and talk about your projects in detail. Nothing unexpected. Was a good interview. The interviewer was very friendly and made me comfortable. Also do your research on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Expected questions regarding resume and previous work.   Answer Question

Materials Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

after applied a position online, the company went through all the resumes they received and picked some candidates to conduce phone interviews. If you passed the phone interview, there will be a on-site interview. That's probably the whole hiring process. Cause I only had a phone interview, the post questions were asked during phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • understanding about characterization detection methods   Answer Question

Optical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

It was a phone interview, 30 min long. I suggest to know the resume in detail, also remember all projects listed, how do you know about the company, what company is currently doing and what is the greatest accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • questions about lab reports I wrote a year before the interview which i didn't remember in detail   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cymer.

Short interview, maybe 2 hours. Talked to 4 people, no difficult questions.

Interview Questions
    They will negotiate if you have good justifications for asking.

Hardware Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cymer in March 2014.

This was a group interview with students from my college who had done well in an upper division controls class. We had an all-day event where we were interviewed by 6 people - 5 from the controls staff, and one from the test engineering staff.

Endeavor Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in December 2013.

I applied online, and heard back about scheduling an on-site interview about a month later. The onsite interview was conducted at their offices in San Diego, where they have a sort of power day for all of the candidates. This power day consisted of twelve different 30 minute interviews which were conducted by current Endeavor analysts, as well as managers from several different divisions. These interviews only consisted of behavioral questions as well as questions about your background. Many people in this process repeated the same questions that were already asked by other interviewers. After the interview, I was informed of the status of the position within 2 weeks. I thought the interview process was very professionally done, for the most part. However, they asked for my references a week after the interview, and then never ended up contacting them. In addition, I still have not been reimbursed for the rental car from the trip. It has been over 2 months since I submitted the reimbursement claim.

Interview Questions
    • None, just be ready to answer behavioral interview questions for around 8 hours.   Answer Question