Cymer

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Senior Optical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cymer in January 2015.

I turned in my resume during a campus info session of the company, followed by a 30min interview on the next day. In about 3 weeks, there was another 30 min interview on campus. Almost two months later, they flew me in for an on-site in San Diego.The interview started with 1 hour presentation and questions. Right after that is lunch time, during which I talked with two engineers. After lunch, there was a short tour of the company's lab. Then I meet 4 other engineer and HR individually for 45 min each. The interview started on 11 am, and ended on 4:30 pm.

Interview Questions
    • what's the contribution of your work in your presentation?   Answer Question
    • what's the most challenge problem you solved during the project?   Answer Question

Endeavor Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cymer.

I applied online and got an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. A current business analyst asked me behavioral questions. Then after over a month, I was invited to their onsite interview, all travel arrangements were made fairly last minute. The onsite was a full day of behavioral 30 minute interviews with various executives and current program participants, most of which hold MBAs. It took them over a week to respond with their decision, cutting close to the holidays. I still am not sure if I will ever be reimbursed for the rental car.

Interview Questions
    • Pressing me to hear about working with difficult coworkers.   Answer Question

Endeavor Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cymer in December 2014.

Applied online in early October. Had a 30-40 minute phone interview before the end of the month with a current program participant. The phone interview was a mix of casual questions about me, my interests and some behavioral style interview questions. After that I didn't hear anything until early December when they called to schedule an onsite interview the following week. They booked the flights and hotel but I'm waiting on reimbursement for rental car/ food. The onsite interview consisted of 12 individual half hour interviews with VPs, current program participants and 2 HR representatives. Most interviewers had specific questions about experience on my resume and also asked behavioral style questions. You're interacting with 6-7 other candidates throughout the day. You eat breakfast/ lunch with the other candidates as well as program participants. They bring all candidates in over the course of a couple days. I thought it was well organized. I heard about an offer within 2 weeks of the interview.

DUV Optics Interview

They mainly just wanted me to talk about the projects that I've worked on and my background with LabView and Matlab. The interviewer spent a lot of time telling me about the company and company culture. He also talked about the potential projects that I could work on in detail.

Staff Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Phone screen followed by on site interview. Interview process went well. Hiring manager said things are looking really positive but I still did not hear back. So that was unprofessional and disappointing.

Senior NPL Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in July 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiting agency in Atlanta, GA which works closely with Cymer on the open positions. Interview scheduled with the director at the agency to talk about the role, expectations and my willingness to transition to Cymer. Having cleared that round was contacted by an admin at Cymer to set up a schedule for on-site interview with folks at San Diego.
    The interview process was quite intense - a grueling episode of ~ 5 hrs of constant questions and discussions. All of the managers who interviewed me were pleasant and were very active listeners. Interestingly - I was quizzed about my knowledge on supply chain, project management, inter-personal skills. A lot of questions were also of the type - What would you do if X happens?
    There was a detailed case study that really was intriguing and well versed.
    Final round was a talent manager and HR reviewer who asked me about salary expectations and other things.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most difficult part. Knowledge of project management really helps.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate on the joining bonus. Folded quickly on the base salary - but the compensation and the benefits that they offer - I am not complaining.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cymer.

We only had 1 interview. It ended in 30 minutes. First my supervisor asked me (1) to introduce myself. Then (2) tell her what's the reason for me to choose this major. Later on, she asked about (3) my past work experience. Finally, she wanted to know if (4) I have any knowledge of certain subjects.

Optical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

It was a phone interview, 30 min long. I suggest to know the resume in detail, also remember all projects listed, how do you know about the company, what company is currently doing and what is the greatest accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • questions about lab reports I wrote a year before the interview which i didn't remember in detail   Answer Question

Summer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

Phone interview with a senior director. Know your resume and talk about your projects in detail. Nothing unexpected. Was a good interview. The interviewer was very friendly and made me comfortable. Also do your research on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Expected questions regarding resume and previous work.   Answer Question

Materials Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

after applied a position online, the company went through all the resumes they received and picked some candidates to conduce phone interviews. If you passed the phone interview, there will be a on-site interview. That's probably the whole hiring process. Cause I only had a phone interview, the post questions were asked during phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • understanding about characterization detection methods   Answer Question