Cymer

3.1

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior NPL Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in July 2014.

Was contacted by a recruiting agency in Atlanta, GA which works closely with Cymer on the open positions. Interview scheduled with the director at the agency to talk about the role, expectations and my willingness to transition to Cymer. Having cleared that round was contacted by an admin at Cymer to set up a schedule for on-site interview with folks at San Diego.
    The interview process was quite intense - a grueling episode of ~ 5 hrs of constant questions and discussions. All of the managers who interviewed me were pleasant and were very active listeners. Interestingly - I was quizzed about my knowledge on supply chain, project management, inter-personal skills. A lot of questions were also of the type - What would you do if X happens?
    There was a detailed case study that really was intriguing and well versed.
    Final round was a talent manager and HR reviewer who asked me about salary expectations and other things.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was the most difficult part. Knowledge of project management really helps.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate on the joining bonus. Folded quickly on the base salary - but the compensation and the benefits that they offer - I am not complaining.

Materials Scientist/Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

after applied a position online, the company went through all the resumes they received and picked some candidates to conduce phone interviews. If you passed the phone interview, there will be a on-site interview. That's probably the whole hiring process. Cause I only had a phone interview, the post questions were asked during phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • understanding about characterization detection methods   Answer Question

Optical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in May 2014.

It was a phone interview, 30 min long. I suggest to know the resume in detail, also remember all projects listed, how do you know about the company, what company is currently doing and what is the greatest accomplishments

Interview Questions
    • questions about lab reports I wrote a year before the interview which i didn't remember in detail   Answer Question

Hardware Control Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cymer in March 2014.

This was a group interview with students from my college who had done well in an upper division controls class. We had an all-day event where we were interviewed by 6 people - 5 from the controls staff, and one from the test engineering staff.

Endeavor Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cymer in December 2013.

I applied online, and heard back about scheduling an on-site interview about a month later. The onsite interview was conducted at their offices in San Diego, where they have a sort of power day for all of the candidates. This power day consisted of twelve different 30 minute interviews which were conducted by current Endeavor analysts, as well as managers from several different divisions. These interviews only consisted of behavioral questions as well as questions about your background. Many people in this process repeated the same questions that were already asked by other interviewers. After the interview, I was informed of the status of the position within 2 weeks. I thought the interview process was very professionally done, for the most part. However, they asked for my references a week after the interview, and then never ended up contacting them. In addition, I still have not been reimbursed for the rental car from the trip. It has been over 2 months since I submitted the reimbursement claim.

Interview Questions
    • None, just be ready to answer behavioral interview questions for around 8 hours.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Terrible HR department. Typical of some tech companies: HR thinks they run the company. I had 3 HR people coordinate my interview and none seemed to be paying attention. Then when I asked for changes in the job offer, they told me they had already made several concessions (must have been thinking of someone else, not me)

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers, who were all technical, were all nice and the questions typical. No problems there. HR was another matter. A bit clueless and self important.   Answer Question
    A bad experience. Impersonal and disorganized.

Senior Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cymer.

Contracted by staffing agency, phone interview with staffing agency followed by face interview hiring manager and two staff employees.
    Next interview consisted of face to face with department Director.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, reviewed past experience. Director talked the most. It seems he had not seen the resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I gave a salary range and they accepted.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Cymer in October 2012.

Had been sending my resume for 3 years before they finally noticed. Was brought in for my first interview one month after my first conversation with the recruiter. The interview lasted about 6 hours, and I had to give a 1 hour presentation. They were all friendly and nice, but some of the interviewers seemed uninterested. I was warned that I would look bad if I didn't work at least 10 hours a day and also come in on weekends. I was also warned that the company lays people off with no regard. Two weeks later, the recruiter called back to ask me to interview for another job because mine had been filled. Did the whole thing again and was left hanging. It has now been 4 months since I first spoke to them and they didn't bother so much as returning an email asking for status. My friend also interviewed with them and was left hanging as well. Another person I know was left hanging about 4 years ago. If they didn't even have the decency to send me a rejection letter, I probably didn't want to work there anyway.

Interview Questions
    • After ignoring me for about 5 minutes while checking his email, the interviewer (a director) grabs my resume, looks at it with condescension, and asks: explain to me how it is that any of this experience in your industry is going to prepare you for a job at Cymer   Answer Question

Project Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Cymer in June 2012.

15 minutes interview includes the following questions,

why you like your previous job?
    what's ur GPA?
    What you do at school?

It was really short and I dont think it could be a good showcase of your capabilities, basically get a super high GPA if you want to get a internship for this position.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cymer in April 2012.

I had two pleasant phone interviews, then I fel out and met several people for interviews in person. Everyone was very friendly and I felt comfortable throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What are all the different ways of generating voltage?   Answer Question