Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Teacher, Secondary School

I applied through other source and interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview Details – My resume was provided to a campus principal, which started the ball rolling. I had to apply formally through the district prior to the interview. I do not recall having an interview at the district level.

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate. Teacher salaries are determined by the district's pay schedule.

Geometry Teacher Interview

Geometry Teacher
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview Details – The district conducts the first interview, which is over basic teaching 101 (think of the pedagogy tests). However, a school principal can call you up and circumvent this interview (which is what happened to me). In my interview, they told me that the students they work with can be tough (it was the lower end of the district). They didn't exactly grill me and it was more of them trying to sell me the position.

Interview Question – Are you going to handle students that may be a little difficult?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Teacher

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in October 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication was with principal. Very professional environment, chance to meet with all administration and tour building as well a meet the teaching team.

Interview Question – Classroom management question   View Answer

Regular Route Bus Driver Interview

Regular Route Bus Driver

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview Details – Very easy to get the interview, hiring was as simple as showing up.

Interview Question – What's the one thing that will lead to IMMEDIATE TERMINATION?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – School districts are like governments; you don't negotiate.

School Buds Driver Interview

School Buds Driver

Interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Interview Details – Apply online, get an interview and get the job

Interview Question – Do you like working with children?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You're accepted , how soon can you start

Teacher

Interview Details – Principal saw my resume, had me come in for an interview and hired me on the spot

Interview Question – What would you do if a student refused to stop disrupting class.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewing to become a teacher involves student teaching. If you are a first year teacher, you must become certified and that process is long and difficult. If you teach subjects other than math or science, you better be absolutely perfect.

Interview Question – What is your favorite differentiated teaching method?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Bus Driver Interview

Bus Driver
Cypress, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interview lasted 10 minutes. It appears that there is a mass hiring going on and anyone can get it. I am pleased that my children do not have to ride the bus in this district.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions asked.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offered a more stable job. Cy-Fair only guaranteed 4 hours a day. The pay was fair though.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in March 2010.

Interview Details – This was the first interview. We talked for about 30 minutes. She asked :what does my classroom look like" and what were my previous experiences.

Interview Question – What does your classroom look like?   View Answer

Teacher

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in May 2007.

Interview Details – Completed a screening interview with district HR personnel. They use this to rate you in the searchable candidate database that principals have access to. Despite having previous teaching experience, the interviewer did not seem impressed by my credentials and did not view alternate certification favorably. I was not called by any principals after completing this interview. I did, however, receive a job offer from two other school districts after visiting schools and leaving resumes.

Worked for Cypress-Fairbanks ISD? Contribute to the Community!