Cypress-Fairbanks ISD

Updated May 29, 2014
Updated May 29, 2014

2.3

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

My resume was provided to a campus principal, which started the ball rolling. I had to apply formally through the district prior to the interview. I do not recall having an interview at the district level.

Unable to negotiate. Teacher salaries are determined by the district's pay schedule.

Geometry Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

The district conducts the first interview, which is over basic teaching 101 (think of the pedagogy tests). However, a school principal can call you up and circumvent this interview (which is what happened to me). In my interview, they told me that the students they work with can be tough (it was the lower end of the district). They didn't exactly grill me and it was more of them trying to sell me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you going to handle students that may be a little difficult?   View Answer
    No negotiations.

Regular Route Bus Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Very easy to get the interview, hiring was as simple as showing up.

Interview Questions
    • What's the one thing that will lead to IMMEDIATE TERMINATION?   View Answer
    School districts are like governments; you don't negotiate.

School Buds Driver Interview

Apply online, get an interview and get the job

Interview Questions
    You're accepted , how soon can you start

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Principal saw my resume, had me come in for an interview and hired me on the spot

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student refused to stop disrupting class.   Answer Question
    None

Teacher Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in October 2010.

Initial communication was with principal. Very professional environment, chance to meet with all administration and tour building as well a meet the teaching team.

Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in June 2010.

The interview lasted 10 minutes. It appears that there is a mass hiring going on and anyone can get it. I am pleased that my children do not have to ride the bus in this district.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions asked.   View Answer

Offered a more stable job. Cy-Fair only guaranteed 4 hours a day. The pay was fair though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in March 2010.

This was the first interview. We talked for about 30 minutes. She asked :what does my classroom look like" and what were my previous experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in May 2009.

Interviewing to become a teacher involves student teaching. If you are a first year teacher, you must become certified and that process is long and difficult. If you teach subjects other than math or science, you better be absolutely perfect.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite differentiated teaching method?   View Answer

Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in May 2007.

Completed a screening interview with district HR personnel. They use this to rate you in the searchable candidate database that principals have access to. Despite having previous teaching experience, the interviewer did not seem impressed by my credentials and did not view alternate certification favorably. I was not called by any principals after completing this interview. I did, however, receive a job offer from two other school districts after visiting schools and leaving resumes.