Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Interview Questions

Updated Jan 2, 2015
Updated Jan 2, 2015

2.3

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Interview

Great interviewing process! All schools were welcoming and informative. Admin gave a brief tour of the school each time. Questions were very common and appropriate. After the interview, I was recommended for hire almost immediately. No complaints.

Teacher, Secondary School Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

My resume was provided to a campus principal, which started the ball rolling. I had to apply formally through the district prior to the interview. I do not recall having an interview at the district level.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Teacher salaries are determined by the district's pay schedule.

Geometry Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

The district conducts the first interview, which is over basic teaching 101 (think of the pedagogy tests). However, a school principal can call you up and circumvent this interview (which is what happened to me). In my interview, they told me that the students they work with can be tough (it was the lower end of the district). They didn't exactly grill me and it was more of them trying to sell me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to handle students that may be a little difficult?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Regular Route Bus Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

Very easy to get the interview, hiring was as simple as showing up.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing that will lead to IMMEDIATE TERMINATION?   1 Answer

Negotiation

School districts are like governments; you don't negotiate.

School Buds Driver Interview

Interview

Apply online, get an interview and get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're accepted , how soon can you start

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

Principal saw my resume, had me come in for an interview and hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student refused to stop disrupting class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in October 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was with principal. Very professional environment, chance to meet with all administration and tour building as well a meet the teaching team.

Interview Questions

• Classroom management question   1 Answer

Bus Driver Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Cypress, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview lasted 10 minutes. It appears that there is a mass hiring going on and anyone can get it. I am pleased that my children do not have to ride the bus in this district.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions asked.   1 Answer

Offered a more stable job. Cy-Fair only guaranteed 4 hours a day. The pay was fair though.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

This was the first interview. We talked for about 30 minutes. She asked :what does my classroom look like" and what were my previous experiences.

Interview Questions

• What does your classroom look like?   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewing to become a teacher involves student teaching. If you are a first year teacher, you must become certified and that process is long and difficult. If you teach subjects other than math or science, you better be absolutely perfect.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite differentiated teaching method?   1 Answer