Cypress-Fairbanks ISD Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

2.5

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I thought the interview went well in-person. I believe they already had their candidate initially picked out. I was told that I would hear from upper management within 2 days. I received a call in a week but missed it. I called back within 5-7 mintes and left a voicemail. I called again the next day and left a message with a secretary and sent an email. I received a call back a few days later thanking me for my interview and letting me know another candidate was selected. The candidate turned out to be friends with upper management, which confirmed my thoughts of them being unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What makes you fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you has to manage multiple task by a specific deadline? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

4th Grade Teacher Interview

Interview

Great interviewing process! All schools were welcoming and informative. Admin gave a brief tour of the school each time. Questions were very common and appropriate. After the interview, I was recommended for hire almost immediately. No complaints.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

My resume was provided to a campus principal, which started the ball rolling. I had to apply formally through the district prior to the interview. I do not recall having an interview at the district level.

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate. Teacher salaries are determined by the district's pay schedule.

Geometry Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Katy, TX).

Interview

The district conducts the first interview, which is over basic teaching 101 (think of the pedagogy tests). However, a school principal can call you up and circumvent this interview (which is what happened to me). In my interview, they told me that the students they work with can be tough (it was the lower end of the district). They didn't exactly grill me and it was more of them trying to sell me the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to handle students that may be a little difficult?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

ICS Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Cypress, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Very brief, normal interview. They asked basic interview questions..."tell me about yourself", "how does your job experience prepare you to work here". I hear that the interview process is a bit more in-depth since I was hired but i'm sure it's not anything complicated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

Very easy to get the interview, hiring was as simple as showing up.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing that will lead to IMMEDIATE TERMINATION?   1 Answer

Negotiation

School districts are like governments; you don't negotiate.

School Buds Driver Interview

Interview

Apply online, get an interview and get the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You're accepted , how soon can you start

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

We discussed my philosophy of teaching, classroom management practices and routines, guided reading plans, professional development, how I handle conflicts, how to handle difficult parents and what my future classroom would look like.

Interview Questions

• Describe your classroom management style   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD.

Interview

Principal saw my resume, had me come in for an interview and hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student refused to stop disrupting class.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cypress-Fairbanks ISD in October 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was with principal. Very professional environment, chance to meet with all administration and tour building as well a meet the teaching team.

Interview Questions

• Classroom management question   1 Answer