Cypress Semiconductor

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – First there was a Phone screen by the hiring manager.
This was followed by a single site visit about two weeks later.
Site visit consisted of several one on one interviews and a group interview.
There were a few technical and job specific questions but nothing too difficult or awkward/unexpected.
Overall, it was fine.

Interview Question – nothing stands out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate.

Troy, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in February 2014.

Interview Details – Met the personnel at the career fair. Got an interview for the next day. The first round of interview in not HR but technical. They tested whether I knew what I was talking about and asked a lot of questions on my resume. The company work culture is pretty serious.

Interview Question – They check whether you have insight on what you are talking about. Asked about power converters questions, to draw circuit diagrams and explain what is going on.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Interview process consists of a wolfpack interview which is a stress simulation interview.
The interview is very technical.

Interview Question – What would you do if you dont agress with the CEO's policy   Answer Question

Interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor

Interview Details – Written round
1) 10 DEC basic very easy
2) 10 AEC network analysis, clampers, switch related problems, rc ckts, adc/dac
3) 5 MC basic very easy
4) 5 C programming pointers, functions, structures, unions, did only 1 question on functions.

Interview rounds

1) 3 on 1
2) 4 on 1
3) 4 on 1
4) 1 on 1

Next round: Will be telephonic

Interview Question – Questions on Projects: should have been thorough it. Give an appreciative explanation, not equation based. To be confident, should be prepared.
Analog questions: VCO construction schematic, Relaxation oscillator schematic, Instrumentational Amplifier vs non-inverting amplifier regarding input impedance.
How to change the speed of a fan depending on the temperature of the room
Temperature sensors, motors, driving a fan.
analog signal+potentiometer.......MC board.....pwm signal to drive a dc motor. What are the blocks inbetween ?
Communication protocols: SPI I2C CAN USB UART USRT. MUST HAVE STUDIED !!!!
infinte loop, char c goes from -128 to +127
network, infinite resistance stair
printf("%d%d%d",i,i++,++i) o/p
Are you placed in other companies ? where ? Will you take that ? Why Cypress now that you are alreaddy placed in that company ?
What is the most difficult situation you have faced in your project ? how did you overcome it ?
Higher studies ? yes or no

Talk about yourself.
C programming, about constructors, static variable initialization within a function.
Bit operations in C should be known.
Conversion from binary to grey in 3 steps.
Structure vs Union
BCD Binary
Filters FIR IIR

Darlington pair
LEDs
interfacing LED and Switch
Why do you write 1 to make it an input pin ?
transistors
is source and drain of mosfets exchangable ?
a question from written paper

Hr round
resume based
puzzle, three boxes apple orange apple+orange labelled wrong how to determine the right one with least number of picks
adc dac architectures
about the projects on your resume
be thorough with resume
  Answer Question

Applications Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Written test, 2 rounds of interview - 1 hour each, HR interview, telephonic interview

Interview Question – all questions were average   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – It was a referral. Had written round. Should be technically strong. Shortlisted candidates will have a)Wolf pack round - 3 persons will interview you at the same time. You should have strong technical knowledge.Basic isn't enough. b) 1:1 interview c) Managerial interview.

Interview Question – Should have in depth knowledge   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Initially there was a written test which had 30 questions. 10 from digital, 10 from analog, 5 from C program and 5 from microprocessors. Then there was technical interview and then HR. The technical was brainstorming. The expect a candidate to know all the basics of electronics.

Interview Question – Virtual ground of an OPAMP   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in November 2009.

Interview Details – There are usually 5 rounds of technical interviews and a HR interview which nobody cares about. The stress interview is aptly called the wolf-pack, where three guys try to hunt you down in a pack. Before you answer one question, another non related question is awaiting you and you are expected to switch your mind and focus on the other question instantly. The hiring process is a bit lengthy and if you're not selected, you might not even get a call back informing you of the same. The interviewers looks for Cypress' core values in you and see if you will survive the work pressure in CY. I've seen technically solid candidates being rejected in the interview because they weren't able to handle pressure (key survival instinct in CY)

Interview Question – It was regarding the optimization of my final year project.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations involved.

Applications Engineer

Interview Details – Maximum 8 rounds and minimum 5 rounds of interview are there. I had 4 technical and 1 HR interview. HR interview is more like situation base interview. They will give you a day to day professional life situation. Technical interview is to check your basic understanding of concept. Very less theoretical question.

Interview Question – In technical interview, they asked about rating of different electronics equipment, we used in our daily life.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1st interview -- 1:1... mainly on projects and easy question in digital design but most were eliminated if they were not able to ans quest on their proj... score good marks in apti test(completely tech - digital , analog and C)
2nd -- tell ur interest and quest based on that
3rd - just formality -- approach based quest---
then telephonic interview based on proj.. by ur senior manager
my friend had 7 telephonic interviews in addition above 3 mentioned 1:1 interviews but i had only 1.

Interview Question – wat is input resistance in inverting amplifier with op-amp looking into the terminals of op-amp   View Answers (2)

Worked for Cypress Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!