Cypress Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Yield Engineer Interview

Yield Engineer
Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of 3 rounds, 1 hour each

1st round was 1:1 with the hiring group manager with behavioral questions with some technical questions.
I believe the technical questions were easy enough for a person with the right background (I had quite different background). Typical question were on DOE, SPC, semiconductors.

2nd round was 1:1 with another manager of Fault detection group. He asked more detailed technical questions on semiconductor manufacturing process and process control techniques.

3rd round was with a panel of 3:1, all technical people. Asked about my research and some other questions similar to previous rounds to test fundamentals of quality control etc.

Overall impression: Positive, Nice friendly people. Open work culture and interviewers seemed satisfied with their positions.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Worked for Cypress Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!