Cypress Semiconductor

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

3.3

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

It is an on-campus interview just one day after university career fair. He asked some basic questions about CMOS gates and also asked me to describe one of the most challenging project.

Processing Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in November 2014.

They asked a series of questions about LPCVD etc. and processing in general such as i line, g line etc. clean room questions, photoresist, etc. asked about my master's thesis work and thesis.

Design Engineer Interview

I was asked to interview with them after they had gathered my information through my school's career site. The interview was 3 days later and was about 30 minutes. A week later they e-mailed me saying I had passed the interview, but I received no information aside from that.

Interview Questions
    • Please build an 3-bit adder using only and, or and not gates.   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in October 2014.

Nothing special, just basic interview questions like, talk about yourself. how do you work with others. tell me about your resume, especially the experience related to the position that I applied. Do you have questions for me etc.

Industrial Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

I submitted my resume online, and got a call from my hiring manager 1-2 weeks later. She asked some clarification questions and invited me in for an in person interview.

When I got to the interview, i received a short tour of the offices and the manufacturing area (we didn't go inside the fab). After, I had to file out a paper application (which was odd because i filled out an application online). This paper application had all the basic questions, and about 10 short answer questions (2-3 lines) mostly about your work habits.

Then we started the interview process, the first 30 minute interview was with three managers from different areas in the site (internally they call this the "wolfpack" interview). They asked many questions that related the the company's core values. Very few of these questions were technical.

The next two 30 minute interview were with other people that i would be directly working with. These questions were similar to the first questions, but were slightly more technical.

After the interviews i finished up the paper application and was done with the interview process. The entire process took about three hours.

After the interview i kept getting weekly updated from my hiring manager that they were still reviewing my application and she would get back to me next week. I later found out that they were on a hiring freeze, and no new hire paperwork was allowed to be submitted. About a month later i received an email that i was being offered the job.

Interview Questions
    Didn't seem like they were going to negotiate

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

First there was a Phone screen by the hiring manager.
    This was followed by a single site visit about two weeks later.
    Site visit consisted of several one on one interviews and a group interview.
    There were a few technical and job specific questions but nothing too difficult or awkward/unexpected.
    Overall, it was fine.

Not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in February 2014.

Met the personnel at the career fair. Got an interview for the next day. The first round of interview in not HR but technical. They tested whether I knew what I was talking about and asked a lot of questions on my resume. The company work culture is pretty serious.

Interview Questions
    • They check whether you have insight on what you are talking about. Asked about power converters questions, to draw circuit diagrams and explain what is going on.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview process consists of a wolfpack interview which is a stress simulation interview.
    The interview is very technical.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you dont agress with the CEO's policy   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Submitted resume via friend who was a Cypress employee with his recommendation. Phone interview with hiring manager. All day onsite interview. Each interviewer had a page assigned by Cypress to fill up a "hiring" notebook for the CEO TJ Rodgers to personally sign off on, so they took it pretty seriously, etc.

Interview Questions
    • One of the hour long interview was called the tiger team interview engineers. They asked rapidly paced questions to learn your depth and shake you up. Since they were reluctant to ask a marketing guy too many technical questions, I probably got off easier than usual.   View Answer
    A change in job title was arranged to accommodate my salary range. I was upgraded from staff PME to a PMM. A great hiring manager was the key.

Senior Applications Engineer Interview