Cypress Semiconductor

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview Details – Cypress came for on-campus hiring for Masters candidate at IITD. CGPA cutoff was 8. Interview will be technical only (2-3 rounds) with elimination after each stage. Final few would have fill-up a form containing HR questions. The interview process takes about 1 day completely.

Interview Question – HR question will be slightly complicated.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Got shortlisted thorugh job fair.
then One on campus interview, one phone screening and then onsite.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. asked system level stuff like bypass capacitor, Sram bus interface,uart.
So if you are design person, you may be unware of board level stuff. so just be careful.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. low salary than competitors.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

Interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor

Interview Details – wolfpack interview...about 7-8 people interviewed me. Regular marketing/pricing/interpersonal skills questions.

Interview Question – One of the interviewers grilled me a lot! But later I learnt that you could expect that from at least one of the interviewers. The best technique is to just answer the questions precisely when you know this is happening.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in February 2013.

Interview Details – first round: phone interview behavior questions, bala bala bala nothing special
2nd round: technical interview basic and easy
last round: on-site interview, whole day long. from 7 am to 6 p.m.
there are basically several 1-to-1 technical interview sessions. they ask very detailed technical questions, which are not hard but quite basic and fundamental.

The wolf pack is a little bit worse. But one can ask time to think. they just want to know details of one's background. No technical questions are really really hard.

They asked some of tricky, harsh questions just to put you in awkward positions so that they can see your reactions. They know you cannot answer 100% certainly. Just be gentle and very carefully about what you know and what you don't. When giving estimations, be sure to mention it's an estimation.

They also ask questions to test your IQ, but they are really easy.

During the interviews, they are also trying to find people with cypress core values, be sure to read these core values. If you don't like these core values, don't come.

except all these interviews, they also do products demo, HR introduction and you got a chance to see and talk to the CEO and all other VP. Be careful, every one of them talk very quickly.

Overall, think quick and act quick. If one has solid knowledge and graduates from Top 20 Engineering schools, I cannot understand why one cannot pass the interviews unless one does not match the desired skills.

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Reason for Declining – they offer a low base salary, bonus up to around 10k, relocation fee and interesting stock options.

By estimation, one may earn up to 85k before tax(excluding the stocks). However, Cypress is harsh and requires a lot of devotion. 85k is not interesting when one is doing 1.5-2 persons' work.

But be alert if you are a foreigner, they offer great package such as green card sponsorship. Generally, they start the process 1-2 years after one starts to work. But it can be shortened to 6 month - one year.

Anyway it's not enough for me to give up my determined plan. If they offers 10k more, I will accept the offer.

Staff Applications Engineer Member of Technical Staff Interview

Staff Applications Engineer Member of Technical Staff
San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in February 2011.

Interview Details – The Interview process is very detailed with many people involved. One interesting thing is what I later learned they call a "Wolf Pack" of 3 or 4 people who rapidly fire questions at you. Still, the people are not antagonistic and the questions are realistic and reasonable. But you must be alert and think fast.

Interview Question – I can not recall any especially difficult question   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer package was significantly better than I expected. I did not negotiate anything.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
University Park, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in February 2013.

Interview Details – Just see them in the job fair and then I showed them my resume and get the interview. they ask me to interview tmr. So I was here to wait and prepare for the interview. It seems very good. I told them that: We met two weeks ago at the Education Career Fair in Boston. I enjoyed speaking with you about ABC Charter School's mission, and the work you do with the students as a college counselor.
I wanted to reaffirm my interest in the counseling position at your school. ABC Charter School's goal of sending every student to college is one that I strongly believe in, and I know that my counseling experience and passion for working with inner-city students make me a strong candidate for the position.
I have attached an updated copy of the resume I gave you at the Education Career Fair. I will call next week to see if we can arrange a time to discuss the position together. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

Interview Question – what is your interested fiild   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Software Engineer Co-Op
Beaverton, OR

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in April 2009.

Interview Details – Short, informal phone interview which went well enough that a formal interview was scheduled for later. Interview and hiring process for co-ops is difficult, but is not as grueling as the full hiring process. Interview questions are generally designed to measure practical knowledge as well as gauge how well you handle difficult new situations.

Interview Question – If you drop a rock out of a boat, does the real height of the boat rise or fall?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Finance Intern
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in April 2012.

Interview Question – How do you rate your statistics ability from 1 to 10?
How does analog to digital conversion work and what are some of the different types?
  Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and on-site Interview conducted on-site at the Cypress HQ for about 4 hrs. First interviewer was kind of non-professional and was a bad listener, was just interested in asking text book questions that he knew about. Rest of interview process including wolf-gang was professional and pretty good and interesting.

Interview Question – Most technical questions related to industry experience. E.g. which application and why would it prefer SRAM over DRAM. What is the fastest clock speed on ATE system I worked. Behavioral questions like: Example of how did you settle conflict w/ your supervisor, one thing you don't like about your current job etc   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary offered for the position was tremendously low and uncompetitive, almost to the point of insulting. HR from India conducted the hiring process, was frequently late on scheduled time for call reflecting a careless and unprofessional attitude.

Operation Analyst Interview

Operation Analyst
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cypress Semiconductor in May 2012.

Interview Details – Questions are easy. The interviewer is from the department which i applied, he asked some professional questions.

Interview Question – How do you rate your statistics ability from 1 to 10?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cypress Semiconductor